What's new

what cleaner is best for wiping down PVC based grow tent interior?

vindiesel

Veteran
what tricknology had to say about his plants yellowing after HH shipped him new tent skin...he says he then used the below method to stop yellowing....:

I set it up thinking YES no more yellow.

weary as i was i only used one plant this time... I transplanted it into some inert soilless mix called readygro. watered with the same nutrients. 3 days later, yellow.

so i got to thinking about what i was doing wrong. I got a 6 inch vortex fan and hooked that up with some ducting and conversions to the ballast, raised the light 2 more feet (to 4' above tops) and waited.

meanwhile, I read the forums some more and read about a guy who claimed to work with plastics for 8 years. he said something about chlorine gas leaching from the plastic. so I used my chemistry and i took my mold killing spray called Green Cure (potassium bicarbonate) KHCO3. and sprayed it all over the inside of hut and poles and wiped it down. what this does, in theory, is react with the chlorine on the plastic described by: 2KHCO3 + CL2 --> 2KCL

then as a final blow, i mixed 1 ml of cal-mag with some r.o. water and foliar fed every day right after the light turned on. this would potentially cure any Fe, Ca, or Mg deficiencies.

it's been 3 days now and theyre starting to green up again!!! THE YELLOWING STOPPED, ITS GROWING, AND THE NEWEST GROWTH (besides affected tips) ARE GREEN!

ventilation!
neutralize hut (if thats the case)
foliar feed with cal-mag. VERY DILUTE, i used a couple drops to 750 ml H2O

I will post pics later tonight if i remember to but will follow up for sure.

hope this helps...

i sent him a PM to hear his background on chemistry but no answer, but i did find articles on net stating potassium bicarbonate does have an effect on chlorine....

BlindDate

Veteran
You obvious don't know anything about the chemistry involved in making PVC. And above all you know nothing about fire safety.

All of you who think these "home remedies" will solve the outgassing problem need to do some research on the issue.
I did not invent accelerated aging. It is common practice in industry. Without revealing who I am, I can tell you that I have extensive practice with the method.

Last edited:

Raijin

Wake up Pedro or I won't vote for you

Wake up Pedro or I won't vote for you

Blind date had it right, all right. There is NO PVC in the Huts, Habitats, Sunhuts or Homeboxes. They are all made from PU regardless of what Homeboxe's B.S. now says on its website and regardless of how many times you guys KEEP writing PVC as if the two plastics are interchangeable. They are not. Heat will accelerate the process. Pedro, if you won't even pay attention to what the Hut is made of, then why should anyone take you seriously. You don't listen. Put your tent in the hot sun for several days or put a heater in it. Stop wasting everyone's time with some compound that you rub on the surface and miraculously all the off-gassing happens in seconds, even from below the plastic's surface. HTG is selling a piece of doo doo that just might be made of PVC but it will off gass in the same fashion as PU, with heat.

lovebushes

trust me there is nothing that stops the off gassing- If the plants are dying from that there is no hope. been through 2 tents that killed everything. get a darkroom from discount hydro.