What's new

what causes the "couchlock" effect?

A

Afghanicus

Hey peeps, just curious what it is that gives a certain strain the "couchlock" effect. I have read that it is CBD but some couchlocking strains are apparently low in CBD. This doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Could it be CBN? if not what is it that makes a strain "couchlock"?

G

indica can cause couchlock. or letting your plants flower longer and letting the trichromes turn amber... amber trichs makes strains couchlock ya as well. i would say could be both

nick11

Veteran
Can go either way letting your plants overripen(sp) will cause couchlock even with sativas or it could just be a heavy indica with couchlock effects.

A

Afghanicus

thanks for the input but i'm more curious what exactly causes this effect? what chemical constituent? for example blueberry is said to have CBD of <0.1% yet it is a strain that is somewhat couchlock in effects and there are other strains that are listed as having a higher CBD yet they are not couchlocky. Does CBN play an important role in making a strain "couchlock"?

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Óla Afghanicus!

Like posted before it could be done by many things. Some strains have the "natural" couchlock effect considering cannabinoids, while others have just been flowerd overripe, which really causes the purest sativa to produce couchlock effect´s. When talking about exact rate´s of CBC (example), we should remember that each plant is unique and those rates can change very dramatically even when it´s the same strain. So many things effect those values, like: ripeness, growing skills etc... you got the point!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Could it possibly be the terpenes again? Or maybe the terpenes combined with other cannabinoids besides thc. Skunkman did these experiments he ought to know. Let's hope he chimes in. :lurk:

Greens

^^^^Yes, indeed!

It is the combination of the cannabinoid profile and terpene profile that produces varying effects in cannabis. Terpenes such as myrcene and linalool will produce a more couchlock effect.

Greens