What's new

What Causes A plant To Yellow Overnight and Fan Leaves Droop?

F. Dupp

Veteran
Have you used the Hydro-Fungicide Krunch? If so what did you think of it?

Were you able to save the remaining plants from that grow? Any details?

F. Dupp

Veteran
hydro fungicide DID NOT WORK.....

Fuck. I ordered a bottle this morning after reading some positive stuff on another forum. Im having nothing but problems in veg since I switched to a new location. Root rot and brown algae are fucking killin me. If I dont have one I have the other.

My first attempt in RDWC died in similar fashion, literally overnight, in less than 12 hours the bushy plant in my one-place RDWC went from a 18" wide by 24" tall vigorous, fast growing specimen, to total/100% wilt and death. Didn't even have time to yellow. I went back to pro-mix after that which I'm used to and haven't attempted DWC since, though I should give it another chance.

Was that Fusarium wilt pathogen the final or most likely diagnosis?

mofeta

Veteran
two days ago the plant was in absolute perfect health. yesterday, i noticed yellowing, this morning, the yellowing had really increased through the plant and all the fan leaves are drooping...

plant died over night...

brown roots,

has a some what mushy outer stem at the base where the rocks meet the coco.

This is a textbook description of fungal wilt. Your pictures (and jakezking's) are the best examples of fungal wilt in Cannabis that I've seen.

attachment.php

This pic is the clincher. Note the area I've outlined. See the brown band on the outer part of the stem? Classic fungal infection. You can see that the band had gone all the way around the stem, but the other half has sloughed off when you cut the stem, because it was so mushy. Usually Fusarium makes a little darker brown than that, the tan color in your pic is like what you see with Verticillium wilt. Could be either one. I think of Fusarium as more aggressive than Vert, so I'm leaning towards Fusarium even though the discolored band is kinda light. Doesn't really matter though, they will both kill the fuck out of a plant.

I feel really bad for you. These fungal infections are a bitch. Once you notice the symptoms, it's too late. Only prevention works.

Attachments

• Fusarium stem.jpg
    Fusarium stem.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 22

Tompo

I'm really sorry that you lost your plants to some m'f pathogen. I fought these very same symptoms for some half a year - until I read a guy explaining about a fight that lasted for years without success. He then changed to feed2waste setup and all was good after that - I did that too and no sudden wilting anymore after that.

Also, another observation I made was that with GHE BioFiltre and GHE SubCulture (it has a different name in the US) the plants did not die, but did not grow very fast either. I put the BioFiltre in the reservoir after the infection had clearly started and it stopped it from exploding, but didn't cure completely.

highonmt

Veteran
Sam is right, I lost a few veg plants in the ware house this winter to some thing similar most likely fuserium, In little plants the bark gets loose and sloughs off but when they are large and thick barked it just looks like a brown ring just inside the bark. We used eagle 20 to stop it. Only had it in our veg room so we were not worried about flowers being tainted. Eagle 20 spray every 2 weeks and high airflow through a hepa scrubber and it ain't been back Knock on wood. This is some frustrating shit man they look fabulous and then fucking dead in 48hrs.... Luckily I am an old veggy gardener / botanist and looked at the phloem for problems. If you carve off the bark right at the top of the root corm you'll see slimy brown instead of bright white fusarium lives in the wet tissue where the nutrient solution is being transported up by the plant and usually gets there because of overly wet bark. Also make sure your rw rooting cube does not stay saturated by leaving a lil air gap ditch around the edges. The eagel 20 is a systemic and ends most fungus problems right now, but cause it's systemic you don't want to use it within 60 days of harvest to assure it's gone.
Sending ya out good karma and good luck in kicking some fusarium ass. AND I just realized this from ot'10 and is old news...hope you kicked it's ass tho

HM