What's new

what bulb do you flower with?

simon

Weedomus Maximus
Veteran
am i gonna be the only one to say i use the $20 pulsrites from 1000bulbs? i buy 2 cases at a time, and change my bulbs every 4-5 months or so. i used ushio's, and horti's for almost 10 years, and after i made the switch i saw zero change in yield.

hrtis/ushio/sunmaster...all better bulbs...fresh out the box.
i'll take a new pulserite vs a 3 month old hortilux tho.

FWIW, PlusRite 600HPS lamps measure closer to a 400. A waste of time and money.

Two Plusrite bulb users out of how many thousand?

There's a reason for it. ;)

Simon

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
EDIT:

I started having trouble in the budroom, very slow growth and rounded leaves a few weeks after the red HID's from PlusRite were put in as the main budroom lights. Upon further testing the lights were found to be yellow and violet. The lights got their pinkish hue from the very strong violet. The pinkish hue allowed them to name the lights RED. There is no red in the bulb's output. None. Spectrum has violet, blue, and yellow. No green, no red. No red makes hermies. OK, make that 19 days of no red makes my sativa dominate plant go hermaphrodite.

I am no longer a PlusRite fan. I do have 1/2 pound of seedy bud good for hash.

Last edited:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Whew, 6 weeks and everything is holding stable, no funny lights or testing.

I flower with:
3 x 400w HPS
2 x 400w CMH 4000K
2 x 400 MH
3 x 128w T8 5000k sidelights
3 x 42w CFL 2700K underlights

1 tray came out with 3 weeks of this combo, is OK. Another tray coming out with 6 weeks of this combo, is looking really OK. The plants that have spent their entire budding life under these light have developed minor yellowing from the sodium, indica more than sativa, not bad, just noticable is all.

If for some reason I change the lights again this thread gets another bump. I do like the sound of those SON-T's mentioned above. :kitty:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Yeah, changed it around again.
This thread should be "what bulb do you flower with this week?"

Pulled out another sodium and replaced it with 2 more CMH and an aquarium blue HID. Tests showed 2 CMH's kicked butt over an enhanced HPS.

So the new total is:

4 x 400w CMH
3 x 400w MH
2 x 430w HPS
1 x 400w aquarium HID. 50% 450nm blue, 50% full spectrum.
3 x 128w T8 sidelight
No more 2700K underlights, with sidelights on there was no discernable difference anymore, the sidelights penetrate quite well and are much simpler to work around.

It is getting dialed in, but I put a tray of indica in with the sativa this week and I noticed in veg that indica seems to really dislike high end blue. The same amount the sativa likes took the indica back to embryo stage, no branches, just singleton leaves with no serrations.
One end of the budroom is blue rich (bare bulb blue) and the other is heavy on the CMH, the center area is symetrical with HPS/CMH/MH. This is the second set of trays under the new lights, now rearranged for the red to blue effect across the room to match the indica to sativa placements.

It all smokes, I like to play with lights, keeps me from getting too bored watching plants grow.:kitty:

nukklehead

1000wt plusrites.. i have used them forever in my magnetic but am switching to digital soon ( quantum) anyone know if you can run these in quantums???

I am probably not knucklehead from another site.. I ditched that a while back for nukklehead ( less likely to be confused...) I do have an old HD with a knucklehead motor that I am restoring FWIW.. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts