What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What bug is this? Aphid?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sick plants are your problem now, and you can't change that with neem or soap sprays. Insect infestations are always attracted to sick plants and will keep coming back as long as the plants are sickly and weak. The sprays mostly work in the beginning as a preventive on healthy plants. I don't think you will be able to save them at this point. You would do better by just starting over with a super clean grow and new soil and new plants.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Thanks, gang. Yeah, I decided to scrap this grow after I sprayed the Spinosad on it and the plant went Chernobyl on me. LOL I couldn't believe the hairs just fell out and the buds looked like a hairless cat. LOL After that, it was just experimenting with the bugs so I can learn.

At this point, even if I could bring them back, it would be a low quality and low yield. I already have seeds waiting for this tent. I hope to mulch them today or tomorrow and start anew. This is only one of my 5 current grows.

Yesterday, I sprayed the plants with a pretty strong (about 15%) ISO/water solution. I am very surprised that it didn't kill the plants but they look OK today. Also looks like it killed a ton of the bugs.

Again, thanks to all for the input.

What's the best thing to clean the tent with after an infestation? I was planning on a bleach/water mix????

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, I finally mulched these plants today. However, before doing so I experimented a little more.

I was surprised that the 15% iso mix I sprayed a couple days ago didn't damage the plants so I figured I would take it to the next step. Yesterday, I mixed a 35% iso to water mix (1/4 cup iso plus 1/2 cup water and I spilled a little of the water pouring into the bottle) So, about 35%. LOL

Anyway, I was surprised to see the plants today doing quite well. The aphids are so thick by now that even though the spray knocked them off the leaves when I sprayed them, by today they were all back.

I also purposely super sprayed a nice frosty part of a bud and was very surprised today to see the trics were not washed off by the iso spray. The bud was still nice and frosty. Hmmm?

They are in the trash now and I need to bleach that tent and start over. I believe that's the first time ever that I gave up a crop to bugs. Bummer.

Thanks again for all the help and input.

Latest posts

Latest posts