What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Bottles do you use in ROLS?

TheArchitect

Veteran
I'm not in soil, well, actually I am now on the side, but I do like using natural additives alongside my mineral nutrition.

Ful power, great white, actinovate, and vitazyme

so far I'm loving vitazyme and biomin calcium foliars.

http://www.plantdesigns.com/vitazyme/product_information
Vitazyme Product Information

Vitazyme is a liquid concentrate microbially synthesized from plant materials, and then stabilized for long life. Powerful but natural biostimulants contained in the material greatly benefit plant growth and soil conditions to boost growth and profits for the grower.

Vitazyme is non-toxic. It is organic, safe and sustainable and has an array of active agents, including:

Known Ingredients in Vitazyme (all derived from natural materials):

Brassinosteroids 0.022mg/ml
1-triacontanol 0.33 ug/ml
Vitamin B1 (thiamin) 0.35 mg/100g
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin 0.25 mg/100g
Vitamin B6 0.15 mg/100g
Vitazyme is an all-natural liquid “biostimulant” for soil organisms and plants that contain certain biological activators, which are by-products of a proprietary fermentation process. These active agents include vitamins, enzymes, and other powerful but gentle growth stimulators such as B-vitamins, triacontanol, glycosides, and porphyrins.

Vitazyme, used within the context of a common-sense management system, will help the farmer overcome many of his production problems. While not a “magic bullet,” it helps the entire system work better.

Agriculture of today must emphasize the use of biological systems — not strictly chemical approaches — to achieve long-term soil productivity.

The product promotes soil life by conforming with natural laws, by encouraging natural predators to control insect and nematode pests, by promoting more intensive biological nitrogen fixation, and by stimulating natural rhizosphere organisms to produce needed plant growth factors.

http://jhbiotech.com/product-labels/wa/biomin-calcium-wa.pdf

They

Water. We get drinking water delivered, so if I'm getting close to the next delivery I'll empty out a bottle for exchange. Everything else comes in a bag sometimes a box. Trying to get less bags and boxes and sourcing more from the garden.

G

greenmatter

Im seeing alot of fish products, are you all using these just as an N boost?

pretty sure it's MM that says the hydrolysate is a great food for our microbial friends. i use it in ACT's mostly, and one of the side effects is the oils keeping the foam down ,which i like ..... less to clean up

a bottle lasts me forever

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the responses.. seems like protekt is pretty universally used.

i'll have to see if that is available in the UK

VG

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
to maintain status quo nothing really a lil fulvic and some molases

BUT if they need a microbiological boost/organic diversity/nutrient boost i make a lil ewc/earth juice tea or a tap of neptunes i dont want to top dress or i didnt do in a timely manner

intotheunknown

Veteran
molasses, neptune's seaweed and fish, organic gem fish hydrolysate, neem oil, and pro-tekt silica is my main used bottle.

Gascanastan

Gone but NOT forgotten...
Veteran
Once in a while a bottle of molasses for ACT.... I have an old Neptune's Harvest bottle that I mix my Agsil16 in,an old Dyna-gro pro-tekt bottle I mix my bug spray solutions in,a bottle of raw neem seed oil,and a bottle of Ecosmart concentrate.

I have a bottle of beer in there once in a while....:)

Last edited:

al-k-mist

picture.php

just these, and molasses(in the fridge)

Scrappy4

Veteran
I have the ussual suspects, that fit nice into a old milk crate, plus a bunch of kitty litter bottles with homemade fermented plant exracts in them. There slightly over two gallons and great for storing extracts in. I have some stashed in our new house (to keep from freezing) that the wife does not know about and they don't even leak smell, praise the ganja gods for that! scrappy

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
verdant, I love your posts

and to be honest I quit organics for a long while, as the mentality is far worse then the "damage" of salts.. it's like my wife's dad use to say, hippies are far worse then businessmen.. it's all about the attitude... see and I'll prove it right here. who would you rather be around all day for the rest of your life. someone with a bad attitude, or someone with a relaxed attitude...

I just think everyone's got to change there idea of "organic". this isn't the 1800's anymore. we all live in houses with running water / pluming / heating / cooling / washer / dryer ........ were far from "living off the land" .. I will admit there's a few, and if they want to gloat about it, I guess go ahead.

bottle.. bag.. there all the same. if you want to trick yourself into thinking your far better then the guy who visits the hydro store, well play all the tricks you want, but deep down visiting the "farm store" is the same as a hydro store. stuff is sold and transacted, making them the same thing when you break it down.

honestly, I think it's why more people don't grow "organic" or even want to. the idea is there, but the follow through puts people off when anyone gets blasted for not having there own worm bin.. making FPE.. having compost bins..making teas...

honestly these are actually harder then dosing a liquid into your water container.. I found going to salts actually more relaxing, more simple, more easy, more fun, more enjoyment..

I just find everything silly. as to think your way is the right way is wrong.. it's, that way works for you.. if you want clones of everyone doing the same thing, I think it would get a little boring going outside to see everyone driving the same car...

when you get to a certain point, you realize it's all needed. your definitions change though-out your life, views are seen in different ways, experiences make you think / see things different..... that's my take anyways. the only way one rots is through repetition, change is always needed.

adventure = nature = something new every time

anyone who has a thing against a bottle, is someone who's deep down insecure ( all you who fit this, ask yourself honestly, insecure about what.. I won't spoil your fun ). it's funny, the "purists" attack the bottles. but who are the bottle users attacking...?

I commend anyone using bottles, and to say, use them more!

attacking a person who uses bottles. attacking for what !!! ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ask yourself that

well, I'm sure some people now only have to mention price, so go ahead, as you always have to have the last word, so go ahead I won't stop you.. I'll be off to do what I do.

it's funny , I haven't seen some of the BIG players posting in here. hmmmmm, could they be insecure, no way........... there "true organic" ......... hahahahahahaha

DARC MIND

Veteran
nice habeeb
I didn't see many attacking people here but lets not get sour & misled over bias opinions twisting environmental ethics with defining organic growing..
aiming to recycle and reusing instead of dumping, burning or buying new, putting effort to choose locally available material & letting life flourish;
isn't the strongest influence in the canna community so don't take what little you see hear on the web as gospel

FWIW
the BIG ROLS players use bottles & purchase products
kelp, neem, fulvic acids, molasses, rock dust, compost/casting etc
from my understanding they even go out the way & discuss in detail on how to better source products so I think much of what was said is a bit misleading
none the less:tiphat:

" The search for environmental ethics, in the conventional modern sense, seems wrong-headed and fruitless … [Some] think“environmental ethics can be as tough, practical, rational and secular as prevailing Western ethics.” I find this neither desirable nor necessary, and perhaps not possible. …
The search … is not for environmental ethics but for ecological consciousness.

The attempt to solve these ecophilosophical problems on purely logical or conceptual grounds is to fail to realize that this approach is itself part of the old paradigm which needs to be replaced "
— George Sessions

http://www.gardenorganic.org.uk/pdfs/Organic-Gardening-Guidelines-2010.pdf