What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What? Bob Dylan won the Nobel Prize in Literature !?!

No joke
whee.gif

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/14/a...t-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Congratulations!

So lets smoke a fat one for him :smoke::joint::rasta::pimp3:
Bob Dylan - Top 101 Songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJpB_AEZf6U&list=PL9wMdVdowjKkLWmtWTE72-dVCoZM-gZcl

Last edited:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
"Positively 4th Street" has been one of my favorite Dylan songs since I was about 12 or 13...

congrats Bob!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
He had so many songs, he had to stop in the middle of a show, go across the street to the bookstore and buy his own book. To remember the lyrics to "One More Cup of Coffee" a fan requested.

I always liked that story. He could have just said no to the request.

His work with the Band was epic.

I saw Dylan many times and even now days I enjoy his show.

Well deserved congratulations to Mr. Dylan!

Black Diamond Bay

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
"one more cup of coffee" is one of my favs,,,
seen him live also,, a couple of times over the years,,,

how about "hurricane"?,,,a book within a song imho

so many beautiful songs written by bob i couldnt list them all,,
mighty quinn,,,baby please stop crying,,knocking on heavens door,,sara ,,etc,etc,etc,etc,,

gekolite

A true immortal , a timeless poet , ushered in the time of protest and enlightenment ,from the age of beatniks and bohemianism

Genghis Kush

"one more cup of coffee" is one of my favs,,,
seen him live also,, a couple of times over the years,,,

how about "hurricane"?,,,a book within a song imho

so many beautiful songs written by bob i couldnt list them all,,
mighty quinn,,,baby please stop crying,,knocking on heavens door,,sara ,,etc,etc,etc,etc,,

Desire is a great album! I love the song Mozambique, spent some of the best days of my life there and that song makes me smile every time .

My first dylan album was Infidels, that has some great songs on and it's got the reggae rhythm team of sly and Robbie with mark knofler on guitar! His best from the eighties I think

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Desire is a great album! I love the song Mozambique, spent some of the best days of my life there and that song makes me smile every time .

My first dylan album was Infidels, that has some great songs on and it's got the reggae rhythm team of sly and Robbie with mark knofler on guitar! His best from the eighties I think
ha! two of my fav Dylan albums,,,,,Desire and Infidels,,,
"jokerman" is one of my all time fav songs,,,
Dunbar and Shakespeare looking after the drums and bass and Knopler taking lead,,,,,,
As i understand it Dylan wrote "jokerman" for R Reagan,,,s2

Genghis Kush

I think that he is an excellent singer! His voice is honest and he makes you believe what he is saying . Singing isn't all about being pretty. It's also about conveying emotion and I think Dylan is one of the greatest of American folk singers.

Some of my favorite stuff is from before his first album. Songs like Barbara Allan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3E7i28NQqqg

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I think that he is an excellent singer! His voice is honest and he makes you believe what he is saying . Singing isn't all about being pretty. It's also about conveying emotion and I think Dylan is one of the greatest of American folk singers.

Some of my favorite stuff is from before his first album. Songs like Barbara Allan https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3E7i28NQqqg

I am joking a bit.... on one hand he is an awful singer and actually disagreeable to listen to at times, but other times, it kinda fits and works...

With Rock, being a great singer (or guitarist, bass, drummer) is not enough for success and with rock music, many classics are sung by people who are actually technically pretty poor singers.

Linda McCartney and Posh Spice were drowned out in the mix (usually) some would say should have been drowned at birth

Latest posts

Latest posts