What's new

What Ate A 9ft Great White shark?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I find this really interesting...

"As part of a new shark tracking program, scientists tagged a healthy 9-foot female great white shark off the Australian coast. Then, four months later, the tracking device was discovered by a beach comber about two-and-a-half miles from where the shark was originally tagged.

When the scientists reviewed the recovered device, they found a rapid temperature rise - from the mid-40s to the high-70s - and a 1,900-foot change in depth. Both can be explained by the animal "living" within the stomach of something much larger. To date, this is all the information scientists have"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_QyGANCUJI&feature=youtu.be

DJXX

Veteran
Coconutz.....that signature jus blanks my brain everytime...dayum she is tough...DJXX

Gry

Veteran
Killer Whale Vs Great White - Orca Kills Shark and Wins ...
Second hit down on orca + great white

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
article-0-191BC1DD00000578-972_634x374.jpg

Classic Seeds

Veteran
my vote is split either a killer whale or "orca", possible sperm whale ,or last but not least a giant squid probably a few other whales capable of eating a little 9 footer I know a 20 foot tiger shark eats other sharks as a part of most of its diet which is why all the finning around the islands has brought them inshore and munching people its all one big fish eat fish out there aloha cls

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
does great white go well with red wine or white...???? ..maybe some Asians have gone underwater to avoid greenpeace....

Jhhnn

Veteran
Neither the scenario nor the temperature fit with a mammalian predator. Both Orcas & Sperm Whales basically eat it where they catch it & their internal body temp is much higher. Large sharks also follow that feeding scenario.

It fits with a Colossal Squid, however. The squid can't swallow the shark whole, so it quickly drags the prey into very deep water where there are few other predators, bites off chunks with its beak, munches down the shark at its leisure. It then returns to shallower water & better hunting grounds in search of more yummies. The scenario also fits with the known nocturnal hunting techniques of large squid.