What are you watching right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Act Of Killing.

Ayecarumba...this is the most fucked up movie I've seen in quite some time. It is streaming on Netflix for free.

Basically, these Indonesian chaps who were neighborhood thugs back in the 1960's were encouraged by their government to brutally kill the opposition communists to remove them from the political landscape. Some creative film makers got the idea to go find these guys (now 40-50 years older) and trick them into making a film that told of their murderous exploits...straight from the horse's mouth so to speak. These murdering psychopaths end up making a movie about their crimes like nobody else could. If you find this interesting...you should go read a real review at RT. Here is how Rotten Tomatoes describes it:

"Raw, terrifying, and painfully difficult to watch, The Act of Killing offers a haunting testament to the edifying, confrontational power of documentary cinema."

And...

"Anwar Congo and his friends have been dancing their way through musical numbers, twisting arms in film noir gangster scenes, and galloping across prairies as yodelling cowboys. Their foray into filmmaking is being celebrated in the media and debated on television, even though Anwar Congo and his friends are mass murderers.

When the government of Indonesia was overthrown by the military in 1965, Anwar and his friends were promoted from small-time gangsters who sold movie theatre tickets on the black market to death squad leaders. They helped the army kill more than one million alleged communists, ethnic Chinese, and intellectuals in less than a year. As the executioner for the most notorious death squad in his city, Anwar himself killed hundreds of people with his own hands."

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_act_of_killing/

And, man...Indonesia is one fucked up country. I had no idea....

[YOUTUBEIF]SD5oMxbMcHM[/YOUTUBEIF]

S

SPG*

^ finished watching that Thor 2 abit ago,man the last 1/2hr is hilarious in parts! :-D
One of them is Caped Superhero Clad Thor lands on the (heavily loaded)London tube train and asks HOW FAR TO CLAPHAM (?). She says "3 stops!" But the funniest is when with "some gf chick" from London they are between worlds/or outta space on some planet in a cave type passage Her MOBILE PHONE goes off! And it's some Dinnerdate guy!! The Reception is crystal clear!.. Then the dude says (as Thor and Companion are moving along) your BREAKING UP !!!! ARE YOU IN A TUNNEL? :D. LMAO :dance013:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
married with children....

Fucking loved that show. Made a twat of myself in this thread a few months back when someone said they were watching "Love and Marriage", and I went off on a Kelly Bundy tangent........

[YOUTUBEIF]XlRbxmADXyI[/YOUTUBEIF]

"Just for that, throughout all eternity, your feet will Sweat. Aye, and verily smell!"

[YOUTUBEIF]MGddFxUXiKg[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:
S

SPG*

Still watching. RUSSIA come out to Tatu,s Not gonna get us ! Sung in Russian Our stupid bitch uk commentator said it was Daft Punk (remix) !?#%^{+}!...
Putin cares mostly for the ice hockey! And I'm sure "our commentator"said if they win they get £75.000 (each I understand..). Woohoo USSR v USA would be some HOT final!
US Boycotted their Summer games in (2007?).
:D. Popcorn out if that's gonna be the Hockey final. Yea food,spliffs

W

willyweed

arena: the everly brothers reunion concert 1983 at the royal albert hall ,following their ten year split . simply brilliant

S

SPG*

winter olympics.. usa just won gold in Snowboarding Now they are playing Finland at Hockey!(ladys) Winning 1-0 already (53 seconds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts