What's new

What Are You Watching Right Now Pt II.......

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
a couple of newer ones-
The Matrix: Resurrections. Second best Matrix movie?
No Time to Die- the longest run time of the Bond films,
@2hr43m (shortest is QoS, @1hr46m) but it moves right along.
classy/emotional re-use of Louis Armstrongā€™s
We Have All the Time in the World, from OHMSS.
i wonder where the franchise goes from hereā€¦ a deeper origin story?
(there is the ā€œJames bond will returnā€ placard after the end-credits roll)

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I always thought Die Hard 2 was the one where they hijacked an office building in Los Angeles.

But I guess Die Hard 2 is the one at the airport where John McClain/ Bruce Willis rides on the suit case conveyor belt ?

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
Moon zero two is pretty good, the spacesuits are like a cross between a condom and a vacuum cleaner, the effects are pretty good for the time.
MZ2 is very much a style time capsule.
Outland is High Noon in space.

giving a couple of Kolchak-powered tv movies a spin-
the night stalker (1971)
the night strangler (1972)
EA2D56FC-2F5D-4C21-B9AB-0D5B70D4B317.jpeg

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Outland was pretty good.
Just watched Memory with Liam Neeson.
Watched the last episode of Halo and the latest episode of Star Trek Strange New Worlds.
Been watching Star Trek The Next Generation, can't help thinking of Star Sex The Sext Generation.
Sex, the final frontier, these are the voyages of the sex ship Enterthighs, it's continuing mission to explore strange new worlds, to sex up new life and new civilizations, to boldly cum where no-one has cum before.
With Capt Jean Luc Bighard, Cmndr William Rideher, Cmndr Geordie La Forceitin, Lt Wart, Dr Beverly Gatecrasher, Councillor Deanna Trisexual, Lt Cmndr Dateher.

LowFalutin

Stems Analyst
Veteran
from a Kurosawa story,
and directed by Tarkovsky-collaborator,
Andrei Konchalovskyā€¦
Runaway Train (1985).
sort of an art-house actioner
39174BBE-A95D-4BA3-93DD-A74C117E4E54.jpeg
and
Nic Cage in Pig (2021).
a meditation on loss/grief,
and trying to deal with it.

Last edited:

moose eater

Just watched parts of 'Pig' with my wife this evening. She thinks it is the best performance by Nicolas Cage in his career. Much deeper than the average whoop-ass, drive-fast pieces that get so much acclaim in the theatres, it seems.

Last edited:

Green Squall

Old.

An M. Night Shyamalan movie. I'm not sure how to rate this one...It was kind of dumb, but I still ended up enjoying it.

And of course, Ep. 2 of Kenobi because I love anything Star Wars. Sue me.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
nothing. damn wide-screen tv downstairs has shit on itself and neither remote will make it go to ANY channel. so much for watching Celtics play, or any baseball, or...does anyone still make a tv with a manual on/off switch where you have to get up and turn a knob to change channels? i'd buy one...

Latest posts

Latest posts