ICMag Donor
Veteran

Bing Crosby Christmas tunes.......

and Bing hisself spinnin' them platters

picture.php

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
the "World in action" theme tune. By Shawn Phillips--who was robbed of all credit for his work.
[YOUTUBEIF]95qLDc7zwYY[/YOUTUBEIF]

I love this now...Hated it when I was a kid,. because it either signified time for bed, or being bored shitless while the rents watched it. It just has an ominous feel to it.

World in action was a great British current affairs/investigative show, and it really got up Maggie's nose. There hasn't been anything anywhere near as good in terms of current affairs on UK telly since WIA was done away with. The show was a vital part of getting the Guildford 4 (or maybe the Birmingham 6--both were stitched up by the pigs) released from gaol and getting their convictions overturned.
The Guildford 4 case was fucked up, after they were jailed, the real bomber was caught doing something else and confessed to the pub bomb, they didn't want to know. We need investigative journalists like those from the WIA team.

Bring back the Hammond Organ dammit.

some progressive jazz from the 70s - Cordon Bleu by Solution
if you've never listened to them, give em a try. Dutch group that only cut 4 or 5 albums, incredible stuff - relaxing as hell, really really easy to listen to, either focused on it or in the background. And always noticing new nuances to it - hard to 'splain but i also forget a lot, the older i get the faster i forget those nuances

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
some progressive jazz from the 70s - Cordon Bleu by Solution
if you've never listened to them, give em a try. Dutch group that only cut 4 or 5 albums, incredible stuff - relaxing as hell, really really easy to listen to, either focused on it or in the background. And always noticing new nuances to it - hard to 'splain but i also forget a lot, the older i get the faster i forget those nuances

Listening to it now. Very smooth. I like it.
picture.php

You may be familiar with this dude . . .

Cosmic Messenger ~ Jean Luc Ponty

[youtubeif]Q5ToXWEPkbg[/youtubeif]

Listening to it now. Very smooth. I like it. View Image

You may be familiar with this dude . . .

Cosmic Messenger ~ Jean Luc Ponty

[youtubeif]Q5ToXWEPkbg[/youtubeif]

just listened to that :tiphat:

Solution has one vocal track on that Cordon Bleu album, Black Pearl Part 2 - the harmonies are interesting - tiempo keeps climbing, dropping but in an intriguing (for me) way.

if you pick up a CD copy of Cordon Bleu, it won't be money ill spent

Latest posts

Latest posts