What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

xtsho

I started out with a light lunch. Just a salad made from cucumber, tomato, onion, basil, and garlic I grew. Dressed in a splash of vinegar, drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper.

The salad was delicious but it didn't take. I'm still hungry so I pulled some chili I made a couple weeks ago out of the freezer and am defrosting in the microwave.

gardenvegsalad.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i just ate my first lettuce and tomato sandwich. too lazy (and hungry!) to wait and fry bacon. the lite mayo i used wasn't what it should have been either. but the 'mater was great (grown on patio), the lettuce was crisp, and the whole wheat bread was soft and fresh. i'll be revisiting this in the future. :D

Cuddles

I was gifted with a couple of lamb filets about 6 months ago. Had the second one today with a nice sauce, roasted potaoes and salad. Made a nice change! :)

I got hold of some kimchi the other day too ;) it´s so cold indoors that I had to get my fan heater out of storage... the kimchi will help to warm me up a little. :biggrin:

I also have loads of carrots to peel and cook later on (or tomorrow ).

xtsho

I was gifted with a couple of lamb filets about 6 months ago. Had the second one today with a nice sauce, roasted potaoes and salad. Made a nice change! :)

I got hold of some kimchi the other day too ;) it´s so cold indoors that I had to get my fan heater out of storage... the kimchi will help to warm me up a little. :biggrin:

I also have loads of carrots to peel and cook later on (or tomorrow ).

You just reminded me that I need to get a batch of kimchi going. I love the stuff and I'm out. A big bowl of Kimchi Jjigae will warm you up on those cold days.

kimchijjigae1.jpg

armedoldhippy

Veteran
just ate a skillet of fried taters, the first i've ever grown. planted eyed chunks in the flower bed where i normally grow tomatoes and weeds. gonna have to find a used rototiller between now and next spring and plow up enough ground in back yard for some corn, beans, and taters. those three seem to do really well together...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
nothing at all. :( fasting so i can eat like a wild hog tomorrow! :D went and hit a killer farmers market today. bought some tiny new potatoes, green onions, zucchini (for bread) , a couple of massive green tomatoes to slice and fry, and a bushel of green beans. spent nearly 3 hours breaking/stringing the beans so we can jar them up tomorrow. the canned ones from stores are edible, but aint worth a damn compared to home-cooked/canned ones. there was NO fresh peaches and cream sweet corn available though...:eek: i'll survive. a chunk of hot corn bread with too much butter and pear preserves piled up on it will pull me through! :woohoo:

Cuddles

I'm gonna assume your talking about steak.steak should be at least an inch and a half.merica baby!
it was about pork:

had some huge pork chops tonight, TOO thick in fact. by the time they were white (done) in the middle, they were over-done on the outside. dammit, i KNEW i should have baked them instead. live and learn, no more trying to fry thick chops. the green beans, mashed potatoes and bread were all good though.
omg, just how thick were they?
Next time try using a pan with a lid. This way they´ll be done more quickly and more evenly :)

------------------------------------------------

Latest posts

Latest posts