What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you drinking?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Warped Wing's Esther's Lil' Secret.

This year is a caramel pecan Scotch ale with Highlander Grogg coffee from Boston Stoker Coffee Company.

All three companies collaborated on the brew and it is a great treat!

Notes of brown butter and burnt sugar give way to silky smooth dark waves of malt that crescendo with a finish of vanilla and soft smoke.

At eight percent ABV it's probably better to enjoy for dessert!

moose eater

Kenai River Brewing Co. 'Gummi Bear Beer', 9% abv, a milder version of a Belgian Tripel, with a clean crisp flavor.

They're not bad. Just something a person would have to work their way into really wanting beyond the heavy sample my wife brought home. They were on a Black Friday sale, at $17 for two six-packs; likely a reason for that.

But the local tastes of the populace aren't always refined toward European standards. Their voting trends seem to emphasize that.

Not bad, not great, and at 9%, you only need one, after which they seem better in the memory than they really might've been.

Last edited:

moose eater

Kenai River Brewing Company's 'Grateful Red' at 5.7% abv, in a 11.2 oz. can.

One of the nicest, smooth but full-flavored, tastiest red ales I know of. Seriously.

Has the brewer's rendition of a 'Stealie' covering a good portion of the label. We've taken them to the bush on remote trips to folks' places who live remote/off the road system, and the person most often experiencing them on those trips is not often fond of too many more flavorful craft beers. More of an American 'piss-water beer' fan (Miller, Pabst, etc.), as a rule. But he liked this one a LOT, despite it having a very nteworthy flavor. It's just done that well..

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
An ice cold shot of Rumple Minze.

Just the thing for the weather.

After six hours I have turkey stock and am about to tackle ham and bean soup.

I might be getting into the Tully soon.

Cooking can be thirsty work.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's so sugary that it flows like maple syrup from the fridge when you pour it fresh from the freezer.

I bought a pint and only did a shot... I'm sure I'll behave.

I can't have any aggressive tendencies around the soup.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's one of the few Belgian beers I enjoy periodically.

I did pour a finger of Tullymore Dew.... but the soup is close to done so I figure I'm in the clear.