What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what are the most expensive seeds on the market?

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Go for a sold breeder. Top dawg, bodhi, karma, oni seed co, stray fox gardens, csi, hammer head , there are so many legit breeders out today. Bomb seed is everywhere tbh. $150 a pack us is the most I’ll spend. Funny thing the freebie’s you get sometimes are better than the gear you buy. Go with a breeder who has a solid reputation. Expensive seeds does not mean high class exotic weed. Look at the cookie fam bull shit with candy rain.

kaochiu

Veteran
Cannabizz works the oppossite. Really expensive ones are usually a rip off, or calling for nostalgia, or average overhyped. A good strain is what you can find in average priced brands. But as for the "elite" ones, ah man!... those are free.

bibi40

Forever Buds.

Advertised as a genetically modified cannabis plant that blooms continuously.
$200,000.00 for a ten pack. But on sale right now for only $100,000.00.

What a steal.

Is it a Fairy tales or an horror show ???

I heard things on this type of works , but never heard it's already exist :laughing:

:tiphat:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.King

Veteran
Like most people said if you want quality seeds go with the ones above. One not listed on this site not to many people don't know about is Mephisto Genetics. They are a amazing auto flowering breeder which has 20%+ THC seeds and yields over 3-4 oz a plant and more if you're a good grower. Just a handy tip on that one. Seeds are well worth it and there are plenty of grow journals. Seeds only take 8-12 weeks from sprout to harvest. Happy growing.

mr.brunch

Veteran
No elite seeds exist, surely?
By their very nature, seeds have variations... this is why people refer to keepers.
Elites are found either by accident or through pheno hunting

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Price is no firm indication of quality - do some reading on the site - before you choose - much to choose from -

Bob Green

Most expensive I have seen around must be Aficionado, and Cookie Fam at $600 a pack. Like others have said you can find justvas good of better for way less. I have heard Aficionado recently stepped away from that business model and Cookie Fam is being taken over by Seed Junkie.

I would still consider $200 and above extremely high end.

What type of genetics are you hunting after?

bushed

Hi

step 1

Get femanised seeds (or not) of flavours you like from the cheap spanish and dutch banks with good reputations an s1 is an s1.

step 2

Get a couple of regular seed packs from ace, i got golden tiger and oldtime haze. Open polunate males from ace with the best from the hybrids.

You will now have 1000's of seeds to select from and give away.

This is a much better stategy for finding a truely amazing plant than throwing money around.

Ronni

i would recommend bodhi to find an elite from a planted seed. Serious seeds is kind of dull nowdays since they do not really innovate anymore. Their fame is mostly from 90s.
Bodhi seeds you can get from the austrian retailer Cannapot (which also promotes here on icmag) or from a UK seedbank like the Attitude. But don't forget, Brexit is on it's way.

TheBlaze

I haven't found anything from Serious Seeds that really impressed me. Try DNA genetics. Should be easy to get in Europe, and I've found plenty of fire in their lineup. Exodus Kush and Lemon OG Kush are a good example of this.

If you want that serious fire, look at the American breeders. Lucky Dog Seed Co, Relentless, Cannaventure, Hammerhead etc.

Burt

Veteran
It’s really anything crossed to seedjunky’s Kush mints #11 dad. Consistent ultra fire

green-genes77

Veteran
Chiming in again with Aficionado, which I've seen go for up to $750 per pack. I've grown out several packs of their gear in a production environment and while I generally find a keeper per pack, sometimes more, one can do the same thing with a well-chosen $100 pack any day of the week. I've found equally good gems in packs of Nirvana gear, even when they were $15. Buying the most expensive seeds is not a shortcut to quality inasmuch as you're paying for hype beyond a certain point, and the industry is full of relentless capitalists who don't mind renaming things, making up origin stories, and creating their own harvest festivals to "win". Just my two cents.

green-genes77

Veteran
The ones that haven't been corrupted by Dutch genetics yet.

There's a lot of truth to this, but lately I'd rather take something with a nice Dutch Super Silver Haze in it instead of yet another OG Kush, Cookies, or Cake hybrid. The American breeding scene is in danger of disappearing up its own butt at this point.

The most valuable seeds are the ones that comport best with your grow, your palate, and the needs of your consumer base.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah, answers to that question are purely subjective. I fucking love plenty of the Dutch varieties, don't get me wrong. But my subjective view of what's the most valuable immediately takes me to the "untainted" varieties. That's where the value is, in my eyes, because you inject a little Malawi or Ethiopian (for example) into any of the Dutch varieties and you get a brand new, super vigorous F1. Yet, you inject a little Dutch variety into other Dutch varieties, you might not even get a true F1. Just, from the genetic pool perspective, the value is in the untainted varieties.

But even then, with people like the Strain Hunters going around the world and purposefully tainting regional genetics, it's all going to be homogenized someday, eventually.

meizzwang

The ones that haven't been corrupted by Dutch genetics yet.

So they don't exist? LOL

GG4, cookies, and pretty much all of the popular strains out there have some backbone dutch genes in them many generations ago. I guess they're watered down enough to not be noticeable.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That's what I'm saying, minus the hyperbole. Again, I like a lot of the contemporary varieties that have the old genetics in them. But yes, we need to outcross a lot of the contemporary varieties with some of these untainted ones, and we should try to keep pure lines alive from here on out.

Latest posts

Latest posts