What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are the best African landraces?

S

Sertaiz

i want to confess something, it has only been recently that i learned nld was narrow leaf drug, as oppose to wide leaf drug. i dont know why the word drug is there at all, but i used to think everyone was talking about northern lights, it was confusing.

I wood

which ones have a high that disappears cleanly, leaving no heaviness for all-day smoking?

Durban and Bangi Haze x Ethiopian are the only two I’ve found that have zero tiring comedown.
I avoid the ace malawi and ace malawi crosses myself because they all leave me tired. Bodhis malawi and it’s crosses were the same.
The zamal crosses have a small amount of same thing but it is easily overcome and shorter in duration. Of course this is just me.

I wood

i wood have you tried gt and panama and honduras?

Yes, golden tiger is great as long as I smoke a very small amount. One hit or less and I’m cool for several hours. Two hits and I’m tired in a couple hours. Guess I’m becoming a lightweight these days. .25-.4 gram of cobbed/fermented golden tiger chewed is a magical experience.

Panama pure no,but panama x Bangi Haze was strong and had a little tiredness to it.

Honduran had good effects and no crash but for me was too prone to powdery mildew, in a sneaky way at the branching crotches inside most of buds. This was missed during growth but exploded upon chopping. It will be revisited at a later date.
I’m growing green haze x Honduran now and hoping for less mold issues.

Khmer gold is not African but fits the bill with nice chill effect and no crash.

Everyone is different about this. I grow gg#4 and deathstar for an 80 year old lady who smokes all day for back pain without ever getting tired.
Your mileage will vary wildly.

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
which ones have a high that disappears cleanly, leaving no heaviness for all-day smoking?

As far as I know any good pure (100%) NLD (formerly known as sativa).

@Ahortator, NLD doesn't rhyme with clean high, in Africa you have differents genetics, continent-wide, with differents kinds of high, and all are NLD.

@Nepalnt21, with your question i would say regions of Ethiopia, (imho connected to South Indian like Kerala).

For example with South Africans genetics the high is generally electric with some heart problems if you smoke and just lock.

With Malawi the smoke can be really strong and hallucinogen, Congo too have a big force. Not the kind of all day happy weed ya know! ;) Poison is not far! :D

Tangwena

Veteran
Yes, golden tiger is great as long as I smoke a very small amount. One hit or less and I’m cool for several hours. Two hits and I’m tired in a couple hours. Guess I’m becoming a lightweight these days. .25-.4 gram of cobbed/fermented golden tiger chewed is a magical experience.

Panama pure no,but panama x Bangi Haze was strong and had a little tiredness to it.

Honduran had good effects and no crash but for me was too prone to powdery mildew, in a sneaky way at the branching crotches inside most of buds. This was missed during growth but exploded upon chopping. It will be revisited at a later date.
I’m growing green haze x Honduran now and hoping for less mold issues.

Khmer gold is not African but fits the bill with nice chill effect and no crash.

Everyone is different about this. I grow gg#4 and deathstar for an 80 year old lady who smokes all day for back pain without ever getting tired.
Your mileage will vary wildly.
Totally agree with the GT chewed real good high and another planet for 6 to 8 hours.
Try the aged Malawi x Ethiopian cobbed as well just as strong but heaps more energetic and laughed my ass off every time followed by tripping spaced out bliss.
I alternate the two on different days its out of sight.
I find it hard to not take the MxE every day its so good.

I’m growing Bushmans aka. Ciskei now, but I heard a lot of mixed opinions.

Where I am from the Bushmans has been - and to some extent still is - a popular choice for outdoor growing. Has been a while but I've grown it from both seeds and clones and I remember the high to be very pleasant and uplifting, not too strong though. Easy and fun to grow. The seeds were from Nectar Seeds, but the ones from Apeorigin should be ok too since I was told they are direct descendants of that line.

Hempy McNoodle

I ran a open polination Ciskei seed crop last year from Tropical Seed Co stock. I produced thousand of seeds which was my goal and was able to also sample the little bit of smokable material. It was one of the best highs I've ever felt. It is currently my favorite strain for daytime. The effects are very uplifting, blissfully euphoric, motivating, inspiring and had no ceiling. The physical effects consisted of a very pleasant electric tingling feeling without heavy limbs that feels very healing to me. Also it is a strong appetite suppressant. It is a heavy yielder mine grow only about 1 meter tall and finished flowering at between 55-75 days for me. I emphatically recomend this strain to anyone and everyone. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and my Ciskei is way better than any local stuff going around. I hav'nt grown any other african sativas yet. I have some Durban Poison 70's seeds that I hope to grow maybe within the next year or so.

conradino23

I ran a open polination Ciskei seed crop last year from Tropical Seed Co stock. I produced thousand of seeds which was my goal and was able to also sample the little bit of smokable material. It was one of the best highs I've ever felt. It is currently my favorite strain for daytime. The effects are very uplifting, blissfully euphoric, motivating, inspiring and had no ceiling. The physical effects consisted of a very pleasant electric tingling feeling without heavy limbs that feels very healing to me. Also it is a strong appetite suppressant. It is a heavy yielder mine grow only about 1 meter tall and finished flowering at between 55-75 days for me. I emphatically recomend this strain to anyone and everyone. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and my Ciskei is way better than any local stuff going around. I hav'nt grown any other african sativas yet. I have some Durban Poison 70's seeds that I hope to grow maybe within the next year or so.

From what I've seen the yield is quite impressive on that one. My seeds were pretty old though, so I ended up with two wimpy females and a nice vigorous male. But they've gained some speed since the transplant, so they look much better now and there's hoping they're gonna produce something.

Sunshineinabag

In 2015 I used sea of seeds to grab mr nice medicine man reg beans.....Shanti has (for me) really nice equatorial type cultivars in this line he ran and in 12 beans I got a male and a female heavy equatorial cultivars.....too bad at the time I was naieve to the potential I had in that tent. One dm female med man plant take up a 3x3x7 tent entirely..... great heavy cerebrsl stone that lasted.....won't lie I want more

cotienxanh

I grew Malawi Gold from SOA and I can sincerely recommend it to anybody who’s looking for the real thing. Trippy, speedy high that lasts up to 3 hrs and will leave you dazed and confused :)

The first time I smoked it I was walking in circles for about 15 minutes and couldn’t get a grip on anything in my head :)

Anybody I gave it too was devastated. Impairment is so heavy sometimes that you can’t drive or do anything involving motor skills.

I’m growing Bushmans aka. Ciskei now, but I heard a lot of mixed opinions.

As far as Durban Poison is concerned I know a guy from South Africa who inherited a stock from the 60’s collected by his father and he’s been growing it with great success. I also know someone who keeps the original DP clone in Oregon, so it’s not lost.
Hi conradino23
How many Malawi gold seeds you grow? do it have hermi or indica pheno?

conradino23

Hi conradino23
How many Malawi gold seeds you grow? do it have hermi or indica pheno? Thanks:tiphat:

I got one female in the end. She didn't hermie. She was very easy to grow although there was a touch of mould in October when I harvested her. You won't find any indica expressions there as it's a typical NLD.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
anybody know anything about the Congo that RSC is selling?

Been wondering this myself. RSC is selling it with no description but still grabbed a few. I know there's different types from congo. The shorter flowering Bangi, longer flowering congo black and congo pointe noire used by TSC.

Latest posts

Latest posts