What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are 1:1 CBD:THC strains like and could they become the new recreational norm?

sadpanda

I've never knowingly had a high-CBD strain before ... i understand that CBD somewhat "counters" the "negative" effects of THC such as memory loss, and it's also anti-psychotic etc etc, but I don't know how much it also subtracts from the recreational high (or if much at all). While rec users aren't much interested in high-CBD low-THC strains, could the ~1:1 strains with high CBD but also high THC become increasingly more fashionable and perhaps even preferred over high-THC ~no-CBD? will users come to find that they still get what they're after from high-THC high-CBD strains but with added benefits such as less memory loss? or will rec users always lean towards as little CBD as possible?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
No, 1:1 weed is not going to become the new fad.

I know people who love it, it has its place, but it is not a fun smke for me or many others. I have a bag sitting here, it only gets opened every few months

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
No, 1:1 weed is not going to become the new fad.

I know people who love it, it has its place, but it is not a fun smke for me or many others. I have a bag sitting here, it only gets opened every few months

I would think it would have to be pretty crappy. GG4 tests at above 30%. Do not know of "one to one" strains, but would guess about 7%.

High CBD is better for some medical problems.

Aota1

We usually carry a thc/cbd 9/11%, an 8/15%, and a 1/18 and rec customers that are trying to get therapeutic effects go for these

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
how about strains that are say 2:1 THC:CBD? or is that still too much CBD to 'enjoy' the THC?

Probably, effects of all weed varies between people, so try different things and see what works

I would also be wary of seedbanks making claims about ratios, everything I have read recently is people complaining that the ratios are all over the place.

Personally if I wanted to grow some for a medical patient I would make the effort to fins someone like [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aota1 at a Medical club who carries known, tested cuts and start from there.[/FONT]

That's like asking what a 11.7% alcohol wine is like.

If it's an older premier grand cru it will probably be good and if it's from the supermarket probably less so.
At the moment most 1:1's are the result of bingo breeding and disappointing supermarket quality, but incidentally you come across one that is premier grand cru.
That was probably meant to be good wine instead of 11.7% alcohol.

how about strains that are say 2:1 THC:CBD? or is that still too much CBD to 'enjoy' the THC?

CBD doesn't counter the positive effects of THC, relatively too much CBD or too much THC do, relative to all terpenoids.
At some point (and/or ratio) cannabinoids turn from synergetic to antagonistic and it has become clear that point is a lot lower with CBD than THC.

Hash typically has a 2:1 ratio and is still popular here especially among more experienced recreational and medical users.
It will get you high as a kite and offers excellent pain relief.

S

sourpuss

I only enjoy a high the low cbd flower to smoke. Found the 1 to 1 or high cbd strains pointless for me... would smoke those before bed and would awake refreshed or was it placebo I dunno.. zero buzz... high the low cbd gets you baked.. seems the buzz onset is slower.. more gradual.. 2 cents..

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I only enjoy a high the low cbd flower to smoke. Found the 1 to 1 or high cbd strains pointless for me... would smoke those before bed and would awake refreshed or was it placebo I dunno.. zero buzz... high the low cbd gets you baked.. seems the buzz onset is slower.. more gradual.. 2 cents..

because CBD blocks the receptors THC needs, so the THC has to hang around for the CBD to do it's thing before it can, so by consuming a low dose of CBD with your THC, you lower the initial hit,some of the narcotic effect, but it lasts longer

Aksala

If you enjoy getting high forget about CBD

You are so far off on this. For people who are sensitive to THC..(anxiety/paranoia/just a very low tolerance etc) 1:1 or even 2:1 THC/CBD strains are amazing.

When I was smoking pure THC strains there was always this chance that if I got too high it could go sideways. Majority of the time it wouldn't but every now and then it would become a VERY uncomfortable experience.

Since switching to the CBD Crew Critical mass I can rip/dab away without ever having it go bad. Granted...I need to smoke a little more but I can get just as high with the THC/CBD strains as the pure THC strains.

So for someone like yourself (and my wife for that matter...legendary tolerance) your comment probably makes a lot of sense. But for some of us out there who occasionally get hit with the negative effects that THC can bring on...mixed THC/CBD strains are amazing.

Picarus

aksala...agreed. great testimonial.
recently switched over and have only been smoking cbd flowers for a month or two. 2:1 still gets me the buzz i used to crave but without any anxiety. 20:1 still carries a different noticeable effect but not like the high thc flowers i was accustomed to. I feel calm, relaxed, slight head buzz, but no inner monologue. I can fall asleep easier, and have very lucid linear dreams that carry on in one subject matter for a long time. I wake up with total recall of the dreams.
I listened to the hype before I tried it, was down on it, but now I absolutely love it. Actually the 20:1 clears headaches as well. I can see eventually switching over for good. Once I am done doing the selections.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
You are so far off on this. For people who are sensitive to THC..(anxiety/paranoia/just a very low tolerance etc) 1:1 or even 2:1 THC/CBD strains are amazing.

When I was smoking pure THC strains there was always this chance that if I got too high it could go sideways. Majority of the time it wouldn't but every now and then it would become a VERY uncomfortable experience.

Since switching to the CBD Crew Critical mass I can rip/dab away without ever having it go bad. Granted...I need to smoke a little more but I can get just as high with the THC/CBD strains as the pure THC strains.

So for someone like yourself (and my wife for that matter...legendary tolerance) your comment probably makes a lot of sense. But for some of us out there who occasionally get hit with the negative effects that THC can bring on...mixed THC/CBD strains are amazing.

Unless you got test results on the seeds you grew I say you are so far off on this. I've been growing Tested CBD strains for years and giving them away to many smokers and they suck for almost every human who try's them. I've tried many different ratios from Cali dispensaries when I was still buying the CBD hype but they all sucked if you want a good buzz. It's a buzz kill, can't stand it and the hype dies once you've tried it.

No way recreational smokers want CBD.

bluntmassa

It may become a option for some recreational users especially with legalization but the majority of us want to get high and CBD does not get you as high. But their are going to be people who just want a milder high and they would want the 1:1 weed. they will never replace the high THC strains though as that's what most people want.

So yeah their is a market for even recreational but it will never surpass good old fashion dank even for medical most prefer high THC at least the few people I know my mother has MS and doesn't care for the 1:1 at all.

St. Phatty

I've had the chance to smoke a few CBD strains with decent THC.

I ended up preferring the other strains I had at the time that were THC-rich strains.

AND, I think everybody who takes Cannabis for medical reasons should try the CBD strains because it might help them.

Freedom Haze x Apollo 11 for me today, I guess that's sativa dominant.

maybe CBD will be another tool, like Indica & Sativa, to create Tasty strains.

Aksala

Unless you got test results on the seeds you grew I say you are so far off on this. I've been growing Tested CBD strains for years and giving them away to many smokers and they suck for almost every human who try's them. I've tried many different ratios from Cali dispensaries when I was still buying the CBD hype but they all sucked if you want a good buzz. It's a buzz kill, can't stand it and the hype dies once you've tried it.

No way recreational smokers want CBD.

I'm smoking CBD crew's critical mass....almost every pheno tests around 1:1 thc/cbd with most having a tad higher cbd % than thc.

I have no doubt that they don't get YOU high...but for you to say that I'm "far off" when describing my actual experience is a little insulting.

I like how you speak for all recreational smokers when you say they don't want CBD. While I'm sure that is the case for the majority of them..the people who like to be high without all the anxiety (again...maybe that doesn't happen to you...it doesn't happen to my wife either so I get it) the added cbd and its anti anxiety effects will be welcome I assure you.

You really shouldn't speak for everyone...especially when its been proven that weed effects everyone differently.

I like how you speak for all recreational smokers when you say they don't want CBD. While I'm sure that is the case for the majority of them.

LOL, no it's not.
Everybody who has ever smoked the very best Moroccan hash will agree they loved it.
That's got some 9% CBD in it.
And about 35% THC.

The CBD allows you to get higher and/or get more medicinal benefits as you could without it.
But you do need a few times more THC with it.

Aksala

Kind of weird that you would take what I said out of context considering you and I are arguing the same point.

KONY

Veteran
I highly doubt cbd plants will become recreational, however I am on the search for the perfect medical cultivar. I want a 1:3 ratio. I figure 5% cbd and 15% thc. With the right terps for a nice mouth coating taste and effect. This should be enough cbd to provide medical benefits, and enough thc to still get one mentally where they want to be.

This is just a theory though. THe number might be closer to 1:4 or 1:5 or even 1:1, depending if you want more medicine or high, not sure if there is a perfect blend.

Latest posts

Latest posts