What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well old stoners, how long have you been smoking and what got you started?

Thanks for the advice Zoltron, however i wonder if you really had to choose between the wife or the weed which would be your choice?
my wife is a wonderful person and i respect her opinion and feelings on this matter its just kind of a drag she cant see things my way.
anyway i'm enjoying the forum and will stay tuned. btw i like the two rules, but you left one out...
RULE #3 if in doubt see rules #1 and #2
be cool

G

Sloppy Seconds said:
Thanks for the advice Zoltron, however i wonder if you really had to choose between the wife or the weed which would be your choice?

Well, to me that's kinda like saying, "We have to cut off 1 of your legs...which 1 do you want cut off?" :confused:

I figure that any woman who'd make me decide between the 2, isn't the woman for me. So I guess I'd have to say 'so-long' to the spouse. :chin: :wave: :joint:

LOL @ Rule #3.:D

G

zoltron said:
Zipster, I left an avatar for ya at the other thread [title escapes me atm] that you can upload & use, if ya like.

thanks man. im still pissed i cant use my old username. oh well Zippy aint bad. can you send it to me in a pm? i would be forever in your dept.

Last edited:
G

ZippyThePinHead said:
can you send it to me in a pm? i would be forever in your dept.

It's way easier to just right-click on the pic, go to 'save picture as' & left-click. Then just go to 'your avatar' & post it from your pictures.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I know right, I found him avatar the other day, it was an easy one huh? I bet cough could make him smoke a joint.

Or make what he is holding a bong.....

Last edited:
G

I like that 1 you've posted with 'ZIPPY' above the top. I grabbed it for myself...ya never know when ya might need a Zippy av, huh?:D

G

thanks everyone. i like the avatar i have now. i know is a little obnoxious but thats me. i looked at some Zippy avatars and there are lots. im just feelin kind of plain jane right now. is there a full moon any time soon? i am part werewolf you know. oh and did i mention im adhd/add? cant you tell? (im also very stoned right now haha)

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I started toking at age 18 in 1968, The Summer of Love, in SE Asia, where I was stationed at the time. Some hootch buddies got me started cause they knew I didnt like the effects of alcohol; all the ouking aqnd hangovers n shit. It took me 3 times to feel the affects of the "dew" but after I did, I was "in love"! Started out on Vietnamese weed and Thai sticks. The most I ever remember paying for weed, at the time, was $13 a kilo. We could also get pre rolled, slightly larger around than a cig, 20 of them in plastic wrap, with or without being painted with opium for $2. Ahhhhh...those were the days! :yummy: Peace.

G

I am .... I first smoked in the stands of a baseball field off Webster Avenue in the Bronx. I am not sure if I even inhaled. I didn't get stoned until a few months later upstate with some country friends. Hanging out at a lake, looking at the stars. We are still best friends even now although he is totally sober now. I just did it to be cool and then because I liked it.

Smoked Sensemillia for the first time in 1982 or so in Manhattan. Mauie Wowie, never smoked Bronx ( mexican dirt weed) again. Quit smoking in college and at various periods . Just happened naturally.

Last edited:
G

Puffin13 said:
I started toking at age 18 in 1968, The Summer of Love, in SE Asia, where I was stationed at the time.

Just a slight correction, but the Summer of Love was 1967 at the Monterrey Pop Festival.
I also have an affection for SE Asian weed. We were getting Thai Sticks in Denver back in 1975 for $13/stick....about the size & diameter of a small cigar. Plus back in Chicago, 1971, we had the pleasure of toking some Vietnamese weed that a buddy brought back from the Nam. The stuff was almost black!! :yoinks: But what a skull-ripper!! :bigeye: :joint:

G

dbuzz said:
lol at zoltron and his everlasting chain of .gifs. :D hey man, how goes it?

Hiya dbuzz...good to see ya bro. How's everything with you?

I was pleasantly surprised to get an oz from my FedEx man. A grower friend of mine in NorCal sent me 1 of Holy Grail. Haven't had a chance to try any yet, as I just dosed my methadone & hate ruining THAT buzz-a-roony. :wave:

wow what a great thread .... I love hearing peoples stories of their first time. I am only 20 years old as of today. My first time smoking was the summer of 10th grade. The four of us torched 6 bowls of dirty merch out of a metal pipe. Me and my one friend were trying it for the first time. We didn't feel high at all the other two had the munchies and were raiding the cabinets all nite long. The first time I actually got ripped out was with my buddy will (rip) northern lights from good old canada. I'll never forget that experience and never forget my friend that turned me on to this fine plant. I used the plant he turned me onto to help with the depression that was brought upon by his death. I love this fine plant that has led me to become a more thoughtful and compassionate person. This plant has opened up my mind just like i'm sure it opened up all your minds. I hope that it would open up young minds out their like myself to start standing up for our rights that are being taken from us before our very eyes. sorry for the rant.... blaze on all!!!

G

/\/\/\/\ Don't apologize for the rant, brother, you couldn't be more correct.

Rastatrue

Giving Thanks & Praise

Giving Thanks & Praise

Hey Now, I smoked when I was 17 and working at the Post Office
May, 1970. Traveled to 29 countries smoking in all of them. Growing a flowering plant for the last 25 years. Big part of my life experience.
I guess I could have done something else but I would'nt want to.

I would like to see the "drug war" ended. been way too many casualties.

G

Smoking now for 32 years, just started my first attempt to grow my own beans.
I still remember getting that first joint handed to me, riding enduro bikes in the mud. My brother in laws friend thought it would be cool to see the little kid high. Have been smoking pretty much full time ever since.

Peace :wave: :joint:

sativa_spiritus

:wave:

i've been smoking for close on 20 years .

it all started one blurry weekend when i was hanging out with the "wrong" crowd from school. i was 15 - sweet and innocent! i had been smoking cigarettes for about a week, and i was suffering through my very first 2 beer hangover on a very bright saturday morning. i was standing at my friend's bedroom window, trying to revive myself with some fresh air, and i was handed a very mangled-looking cigarette and told to "blow the smoke out of the window, k"

nothing happened - and i wondered why everyone kept asking me how i felt.

a little later that same day, i accidently happened upon my friend's older sister and two of her friends suspiciously crouched down around one corner of the house ... wondering what was going on, i wandered over and received a "handie" from a bottleneck of (probably very bad) weed. (Bottleneck:
The broken-off neck of a bottle, usually wine, soda or beer. This becomes the perfect orifice for making a lung-wrenching ganja pipe.)

well, that was the end of me for a good few hours ... i wandered around glassy-eyed with a huge grin on my face, giggled, spoke nonsense and ate a LOT.

i haven't looked back since. :dance:

p.s. it also cured my hangover as i recall.... :joint:

G

I was 13 the second week of the 9th grade! I ran into a guy that used to live in my neighborhood. We smoked hash oil through a pen! I got ripped!
The bad thing was...I was selling candy(M+M's), well I ate almost all of it!
Went to my next class, passed out on the desk...and when I woke up @ the bell, I stood up and my head started spinning and I puked all over the desk!
Just as the next class was coming in. But that did not deture me... I could not forget the feeling I had when I was blazed!

Willie! :sasmokin:

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Funny, I dont remember the year.... I wonder why?

Anyway, when I was a kid I remember coming home to find my older brother who had just returned from Vietnam in the house smoking. Naturally, I freaked thinking he was a drug addict and snitched him out to Mom, for his own good of course.
Anyway, a week or so goes by when he drags me off to the side to explain the difference between a "drug addict" and a weed smoker and if I'm going to be allowed to hang out then I better quit with the snitchin. After awhile I got curious and asked for a hit, which was cool with him and shortly after that, took me on a tour and introduced me to some REAL drug addicts and said if I didnt want to end up like that I should stick with reefer and leave the chemicals alone. Good call on his part as I succesfully managed to avoid drugs until after high school when I tried a few things, but came away wiser and more importantly, not addicted to anything but still smoking reefer.

I really have to thank him for the education as alot of my friends ended up strung out on one thing or another or in constant trouble because of actual drugs.