What's new

well, i am finally going to Amsterdam! advice?

We'll be there 3 days.
any suggestions on places or strains that i MUST try :joint: ?

where can i get a small glass piece for sampling?

what shops have vaporizers to try?

anything i should avoid? :bashhead:

should i eat a space cake? :dueling:

i cant roll, are pipes ok to use in the shops?

should i blaze up my hostile? :rasta:

ANYTHING else would be appreciated!

I cant wait to see what ive been hearing about for so many years. :jump:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
congratulations.

well it depends on your experience level if you are used to smoking quality indoor. I would say try some of the hashes. There are many nice clean marocan hashes in amsterdam. also darker hashes from india and nepal to try most of which are simply not available in north america.
Much of the rest you've likely tried better at home.
The Dampkring and the tweede kamer have large menues of grass and lots of good maroccans.
if you are hoping to try many of the types you see in seed catalogues, that may be trcky as they tend to be renamed or a few types of clones are grown yet called various names in different shops.

i would check with your hostel about its smoking policy and try not to be 'hostile' about it. :)

Watch the jet lag.
Don't over do it the first day.
Stay hydrated.
Find the local grocery store. You can save lots doing that.
See Van Gogh Musuem either morning or late afternoon. Middle of the day is full of tour buses. (Noon Coffeeshop is nearby)
You will have fun.
Get a map of the Center of town.
Smoke hash.
Walk to Wok food places are good, hot, reasonable priced food. (Fast cooked food in a wok.. veggies, lots of stuff.)

Lord Doobie

anna frank haus, marijuana museum, van gogh museum, red-light district (no cameras), "coffee shops" (the grasshopper is a huge chain there, ask for a bong), always ask for hawaiian pakalolo or maui wowie...eat space cake, pipes are fine anywhere, see a sex show, hash cafes are separate from pot, take a boat ride, ride the buses, film the buskers, take an umbrella, visit a sex shop, don't walk down dark alleys, no collect phone calls, watch for junkies, don't try to bring anything back except a killer t-shirt, the flying pig? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi man
you will have the time of your life
to me the weed is not as good as home but boy do i have a great time every time ive been(way over 50 times im scared to count thinking of all the money i spent but i have a blast every time)
there is a roor shop where you can rent pipes and bongs or there is a very good shop on harlemstraat next to greenhouse who does a large selection of pipes for a good rate(they dont sell roors)its a head shop so they sell loads of good shit

there is a smoking ban in holland now so ask your hostel before you blaze up in case they chuck you out or fine you

stop by a coffeshop called katsu near the heineken brewery(very good hazes and the only place that has a real cured haze)get the sp original haze
also round the corner from there is media coffeshop,nice tasting weed at cheap prices
also check out the greenplace down towards bluebird great buds especialy the la confidential and chocolope also ask the guy for what is new
also grey area is good sometimes depending on what weed they have

avoid the street dealers,they just are trying to hustle you

i think the space cakes are nothing and munch loads of them and nothing happens
but if you do eat 1 wait a while an hour or so to see if it hits you hard (it does to somepeople)get it from a good place like abraxis or bluebird or hunters

pipes are all good toke it up man

most shops have vaporizers
hreenhouse
barneys
dampkring and all the 1's metioned above

enjoy
peace

Last edited:

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I got a glass piece at a street market in the 'Dam in 2005 and I still use it all the time! Try the Kali Mist at Abraxas. It blew me away!

If you're staying at a StayOKAY, do NOT smoke in the hostel. You can smoke outside them though. lol. Also check out channels.nl

Last edited:

moneyshot

Not to hijack, but didnt want to start a thread for one small question... I went to the Dam when I was 18 for my birthday and it was AWESOME! While there I remember only smoking in coffee shops.. Can you smoke whilst walking down the street? I can't remember seeing anyone doing this but its nice to smoke and take a stroll. It would be a good thing for the original poster and myself as well. I am headed to the Dam with my girlfriend for 8 days from the 25th to the 3rd. I have been fine tuning my weed pallet ever since so I cant wait to really appreciate it for all that it is! I cant wait to get into some hash. I never got around to that nasty stuff, was far to blazed! Cheers

Moneyshot

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
moneyshot said:
Can you smoke whilst walking down the street?
Moneyshot
It is frowned upon by the police but many people still do it. Parks are a nice place to get stoned. If you are going to smoke in public, be mindful of the people around you. Avoid smoking around children and older people. They may not appreciate it.

moneyshot said:
I never got around to that nasty stuff, was far to blazed!Moneyshot

Why is hashish "nasty stuff"? Maybe the soapbar is from the UK but there are many really nice hashes around Amsterdam. Peace.

ladiosaverde

Greetings to a first-timer to the 'Dam:
My partner and I are going next month for our 4th time. Brief words of advice...don't rush everything...stay hydrated...don't drink more than a couple beers and smoke....avoid the hazes unless you are experienced (very trippy)...Bluebird has great hash (Manali Cream brilliant)...try Media Club for organic Hindu Kush or Noon for Blueberry....have a great time and enjoy the cheap, but delicious felafels at Maoz near the Albert Cuyt market. Peace

moneyshot

I didnt mean "nasty" literally. I LOVE hash. I meant nasty in the sense that the night takes a turn for the better when smoking hash. I can't wait to get my sticky fingers on some temple balls and some Nederhash from Grey Area! Cheers!

Moneyshot

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
At this point. I go for the hasj.... Any real good buds are a bonus, but not expected...

Hopefully, a local friend can steer me towards that.

Rifman's Hashes are great. I DO look for a Nepalese or some other Asian Hash, as it never makes its' way to the West Coast....

See y'all in the first week of December. I will not forget my sunblock..!!!

the winner is bluse brothers and thier super silver MANGO haze.
or was it the stawberry haze from...where?

ugh, just got back.

i held my own canna cup!

and OHIO sends a shout out to the flying pig...what a time.

Latest posts

Latest posts