What's new

Welcome to the Grow Room Safety Forum!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Hello Icmaggers :wave: welcome to the new sub forum.

Grow Room Safety is often not takin serious enough, with all of the dangers involved with cultivating cannabis indoors, its important to play it safe. I encourage everyone to join in and share your experiences with the community. With all of the members here on icmag, Certianly we've seen or experienced it all at some point. Let's pull together collectively and help make the cultivators of the present and future more aware of the dangers that lurk in the shadows of our growrooms.

I urge everyone to share their experiences good or bad. Got a safety tip post it, Got a story related to the topic make a thread and share it with us. I'll be joining in and sharing my experiences.

Until next time be safe and take care!:thank you:

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grats on the new sub forum blaze, great to see you increasing your level of input into IC and for such a good cause. Oh where would we be without you man....

I look forward to all the horror stories here that we can all learn from, it is going to get bloody in here :)

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I thought this was just about safety, I didn't know we were going to be telling whore stories, sweet!

ROFL, I'm not sure you caught pk's lingo, The forum will be for safety and stories related to it, Their will be no whore stories!:tiphat:

WasntMe

Congrats to all of use that there is finally a Safety forum ...

Congrats to blazeoneup for mod status

B

bj368

for safety i double chain my lights. i have always been afraid if my light fell it would start a fire. i know it is over kill but it helps me sleep.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Hey blaze

My deepest sympathies on your incarcerat...err, I mean congratulations on your new assignment.. yeah, that's the ticket.

WasntMe

Maybe we could have an "Almost Darwin Award" sticky thread where people can share photos of big safety mistakes they made in the past so others can learn from their mistakes. There are many people out there that just don't get how real a fire safety issue can be.

This is not mine, only found online but pics and stories like this may bring the reality home of not cutting safety corners:

alice-hr.jpg

Story here: http://humboldtreview.wordpress.com/2007/09/29/marijuana-grow-houses-–-october-4-2007/

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Congrats blaze....hope this forum helps keep someone from becoming synonymous with your nic. :yes: :biggrin:

Thank you for accepting this forum to moderate! :thank you:

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I just noticed this subforum whilst cruising new posts, congrats blazeoneup! This is a great idea, growroom safety is a topic too often overlooked by growers. :wave:

This is not mine, only found online but pics and stories like this may bring the reality home of not cutting safety corners:

Good idea. It's the same approach in aviation* - pilots are encouraged to read accident reports and learn from the mistakes of others.

Personally, my worst grow-room disaster to date was to fall onto my plant because I was drunk. Luckily the only damage was to my lady (lost about a quarter of the SCROG), but the lesson was learnt!

*Don't panic - I'm not a commercial pilot, lol

Will a 4in inline fan cool down a 6'x6'x7' grow tent. i live in the pacific north west and my basement is at 60 degrees normally so i was planning on the light to heat the grow tent up a bit already, but i want to be safe. any tips would be great.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya all, how much light are you running in your tent, are you using big lamps or flourescents?, to let you know if your fan is adequate, will need the above info and will be able to help you much more and give you more accurate info, peace s2:tiphat:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya, i kinda think that your 4inch wont be enough, i would go for a 6inch or even 8inch if you have the room, a 1000watts bulb chucks out a lot of heat, i really dont think your 4inch will be adaquate, good luck whatever, you will get some nice buds with your lamp.... peace and regards s2

THIS WEBSITE IS AWESOME! if i have a 4in fan with scrubber as my fan taking the air out of my 6'x6'x6' grow tent and than a 4in fan as an intake will that be enough to first of all cool my tent and seconly will it remove the stagnant air. i have already purchased one 4in with scrubber and after a lot of reviews on the forum i have learned that it will not cool my tent down. so will the added 4in do the job with an 1000w grow?

supermanlives

Veteran
i reccomend touching all plugs make sure they aint hot. i have caught 2 digital timers in melting stage. i dont use them any more.thats all. most stuff is common sense.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Things Every Grower Should Have...

Things Every Grower Should Have...

picture.php

^arcfault breakers
picture.php

^
fire suppression
picture.php

^flood mitigation