What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome To ICmag!

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Congratulations on gettin this forum!!! I am looking forward to hearing more about your line of products and seeing how they can compare with HID's etc...glad to have u here :)

Peace & Love

JohnBudd

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to ICMag!
So great to have quality vendors here to answer questions.
I would love to have LED lights.
Do you think price will drop with time?
I like your no-nonsense approach to lighting.
Facts are facts, and I am pleased to see you are straight-shooter.
Thanks for bringing new technology to the masses, and saving $$$ is imperative in todays world.
Again, welcome to ICMag!

It's great to see you here. Are we going to see a continuation of your last thread? Will we see a grow diary using your lights? I look forward to see what comes next. =)

Welcome! It's good to see this forum in action. I've been watching the progress in LED tech for some years now, it seems they are finally ready to LEaD the way to better growing at home. sorry, bad pun. However, they are still too expensive for the majority. Also, I do believe that some UV helps the plants grow more naturally (and more potent). Is any UV emitted by your LEDS? Or can special bulbs be added? best of luck!

M

milehighmedical

I personally don't think the cost is the issue. If I saw an unbiased grow log showing one of those $1000 led panels performing anywhere close to my HID's I would buy four of them, and then as soon as I could, 12 more. It would easily pay for itself with how much less heat you're dealing with. The cost of my cooling systems is always out of control, I would love to slash that. Not to mention, growing with LED's is so much more badass than growing with HID's.

The example on the web page is just not anywhere close to enough for me to buy anything. But I'd love to see a grow log that shut me up and put me in my seat.

halitzor

Rumpleforeskin is currently doing a fully controlled LED test. 2x 180W LED lights, 1900ppm CO2, 82 degrees. The LED lights were supplied to him by a vendor and they set all the growing conditions. He normally grows with a 400w HPS in his setup and pulls 10-16oz per harvest from 1 plant. Should be interesting.

Irie_Lion

Veteran
Im guessing by the yield u said he gets from that setup he runs a scrog grow?? I also would love to see a log from start to finish...without co2 supplementation as well for those who dont have it.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
yea these are really interesting, and if the results are as good as hps then thats worth the money, for the lower watts and heat. i dont buy the comparison grows on their company website though, but they must be confident enough that they work, if their advertising here, so just cant wait to see some tests.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Rumpleforeskin is currently doing a fully controlled LED test. 2x 180W LED lights, 1900ppm CO2, 82 degrees. The LED lights were supplied to him by a vendor and they set all the growing conditions. He normally grows with a 400w HPS in his setup and pulls 10-16oz per harvest from 1 plant. Should be interesting.

looking forward to see how the grow pans out.. we have a friend growing for about a year using led's, including 2 ufo's, and he has just supplmanted the led's with a switchable 1000w (hps/mh) as he does not feel the led's are enough

is that a typo... 'skin' pulls 10-16 oz from a single plant (??).. we have 3000w and don't get 1/2 of the low end (10oz) no less then the 16oz...

LEDGirl

Veteran
From what I read on Rumple's last grow, he did 10 ounces with his 400W HID. That's .7 grams per watt.

I just watched a fairly inexperienced grower on another forum, using the Haight Solid State LED light, who produced tiny buds, but still managed to pull .8 grams per watt.

I've had two reports thus far from my own customers of 2 grams per watt using our LED Grow lights. I'll be posting a grow here shortly to show you what one of those grows looked like. I personally just finished up a grow with a bunch of stressed plants (went on vacation), and pulled 1.3grams per watt without using CO2. Isn't it amazing what you can do with LED?

Check in regularly, because I'll be posting a lot of updates today.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
unless were talking about auto flowerers or something in a small box, you cant really measure productivity in grams per watt, people want what their used to or better.

many will need to see their normal large central colas, on happy spaced out plants, before they swap over to your led units.

but i welcome their potencial application, im just very curious!

Irie_Lion

Veteran
Thanks for the reply LED Girl....ill be lookin out for them updates!! :)

LEDGirl

Veteran
unless were talking about auto flowerers or something in a small box, you cant really measure productivity in grams per watt, people want what their used to or better.

many will need to see their normal large central colas, on happy spaced out plants, before they swap over to your led units.

Most people that I know base productivity on grams per watt. So if you were rumple doing .7 grams with a 400W HID, and you switched to one of our 400W LED setups, you can expect over double the yield in terms of grams per watt.

As far as those colas, are you talking about ones like this? Cause this plant came out of my personal garden with LED's a week early:

DSC02266E.jpg

DSC02274E.jpg

DSC02280E.jpg

One of my friends chopped this Strawberry Cough X White Rhino recently, which was under 2 of our 126W Penetrators, and she yielded right over a pound (her full grow will be uploaded soon):

Photo0332.jpg

Photo0332.jpg

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
so how many plants were in that grow you did?

cos if you pulled 1.3 grams per watt, using a 400w led, then i think you would need a fair few more individuals like that?

those are kinda along the lines of the colas i want yes, but no offence, ill have to see alot better before i shell out $400-1000. im not being mean, this is business.

im talking productivity in terms of quality, not necessarily weight.

LEDGirl

Veteran
My personal garden is a perpetual grow, so there are always varying numbers of plants within my room at different stages of growth. I tend to run 16 plants when my garden is full, under 1512W of LED (5' x 6' canopy).

The plant I showed above with the baseball, shared a 126W light with another smaller plant. The two of them together yielded 7 ounces being cut a week early, and having underwent stress for about 2 weeks. You only see 1 plant in the photos though.

The other plant was from my friend's garden. Again, she had 2, 126W units over the single plant, and yielded a few grams over a pound.

Another one of my customers purchased a 63W unit and reported a yield of just over 4 ounces.

Regardless of which grow you look at, none of us are doing less than 1.3 grams per watt.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
1512 watts! thats alot of power on an led grow, so the wattage advantage has gone out the window.

at the moment im getting 5+ oz per plant, in a box the same size as yours, doing 16-20 plants, but i have 500 less watts, with just a 1000 watt hps on a light rail, happily getting 2+ grams per watt.

so why would i pay....... how many thousands?....... to get 1500 watts of leds? when im doing so well with a 1000 hid?

i think angling these more towards vegging and stealth boxs might be more appropriate

LEDGirl

Veteran
No offense, but I have to call BS on a 2 gram per watt grow using HID. I don't think I am the only one here that will chime in on that either. Even the really good growers like RUMPLE have a rough time getting over 1gram per watt with HID. So unless you want to prove that you are the God of Marijuana, please refrain from making claims like you just did. Anyone can talk or present numbers, but I've never seen a SINGLE person on ANY forum do 2 grams per watt with HID (or anything close to it).

By the way, I switched from 4,000W HID... I save over $160 a month on electric and about $700 a year on bulbs (over 2k per year in savings), with more consistent yields of higher quality...

Lastly, I'm not here to argue. So if your responses continue in an argumentative fashion, they will be edited. I'm here to share information and provide data. If you're not here to add something positive to the conversation, or ask questions to further the thread, then I recommend holding back on posting for now.

Irie_Lion

Veteran
Once u hear that cowbell the fighting & arguing must cease....

pimpjuice

LEDGirl;283033 By the way said:
I'm interested in the expected lifespan of your product? Or what are the expected failure points, fans, power supplies, bulbs. What are expected repair costs beyond the warranty. What country are these lights made in?