What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome, questions, requests and off-topic posting

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting comment which i hear from many,many breeders..'lets see how many seeds we get'...

we don't make seeds, as we cull the males as soon as sex is shown... BUT... a couple of grows ago, we must have had a plant hermie, n with 24 plants growing, we had approx 8oz of seeds... ie lots of seeds.. the plants we were growing were rez's chemdog,strawberry diesel, a bx2,mr nices ssh, and a 'great' jack herer knockoff from nirvava jock horror(this pheno blows away sensi's herer)... we bagged each , n have em in the fridge...

point being if we get tons of seeds by accident, i would think that a breeder being much more able then a couple of amateurs, would be flooded with seeds... peace

hi there zach, there are quite a few reasons why seed numbers will be limited with me. for starters my whole setup is small (but intensive) and i only flower maybe half a dozen plants at a time.
also the seeds in question were bubba S1s - so there is no male, just a very reluctant to reverse female which yields very small amounts of pollen after prolonged spraying with CS. bubba flowers dont produce large amounts of pistils so therefore not so many seeds.

making the exact seeds you want, on purpose, is not always as easy as making them by accident.;)

cheers

VG

S

SeaMaiden

hi there zach, there are quite a few reasons why seed numbers will be limited with me. for starters my whole setup is small (but intensive) and i only flower maybe half a dozen plants at a time.
also the seeds in question were bubba S1s - so there is no male, just a very reluctant to reverse female which yields very small amounts of pollen after prolonged spraying with CS. bubba flowers dont produce large amounts of pistils so therefore not so many seeds.

making the exact seeds you want, on purpose, is not always as easy as making them by accident.;)

cheers

VG

Oh my God, ain't that the truth?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran

making the exact seeds you want, on purpose, is not always as easy as making them by accident.;)cheers VG

thats cool... thanks for explaination..

inquest

I just saw this subforum, nice going VG!
Been a fan of your grows for quite a while now. Nice to see ya spreading the love!

That Bubba would be no match for some STS, btw. It's cheap and easy to make/use too!

Think you'll offer beans at the Boo or start your own secure site?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey inquest thanks, i'd love to iffer them at the boo if i can make enough.

i have a few plans for this year so we'll see where it takes us. it'll always be fairly small scale though i guess.

happy Christmas all!

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Here is a logo I made for VerdantGreen
I hope you guys like, had fun making it...
...smoked lots of his strains during the process :woohoo: :artist:

VerdantGreen Seeds

picture.php

250x

picture.php

:tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
big thanks to the g0vnaa ! great idea of his :)

and he was very patient with me and my little 'tweaks' along the way

new year, new logo and hopefully lots of new seeds on the way!

VG

EverLast

I like it too. Another great design from g0vnaa :artist:..very original and stylish as usual bro.Keep up the good work!!!:tiphat:

T

trem0lo

Cool beans verdant, always a fan of your grows and knowledge. Nice to see they gave you room to stretch your legs.

Also that logo is excellent!

W89

Veteran
Cool Logo! Also would be up for testing some of your genetics if you needed..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey all, just back from a week away. looking forward to reading the threads etc when i get a minute!

VG

Hey VG, got a great cross suggestion for your Bubba Kush, blend her with Chocolope, should be a nice mix of Sativa and Indica as Bubba can be too much of a knockout for daytime smoking, be a nice blend of flavours too.

The pre 98 Bubba a blessing for the medical community
:)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got a few new crosses that im going to try out.

i managed to make some fem Purple Kush x Bubba kush so i'm popping 4 of those to see how they look

also C4DD - i crossed a C4D male (Chem 4 x rez's chem D ibl) that the herbalizor gifted me - with the Chem D cut. the male smelled just like chem D and had no trace of the leaf variegation. this should be like a Chem D bx with Chem 4 as the outcross!
so i'm popping 6 of those

and 15 fat bubba f1 in my continuing search for a male.

a no scrog run in the big cab, exciting for me!

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts