What's new

weirdest suggested additives for watering plants with

DrFever

Veteran
Placing 1 full egg and one banana in the ground i have never tried it but there are reports that native indians used to place 1 fish into each hole before planting anything

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Ok.
1. Pee, this is actually a REAL practice. Although it is easy to overdo. Adds both ammonia and urea nitrogen to the soil.
2. Blood, yeah, could easily be used adds both ammonical and urea nitrogen to soil, as well as hormones, vitamins, and iron
3. H202, usually used in hydroponics for sterilization, kills microbes found in healthy organic soils.
4. Egg shells, common practice in composting. Definitely adds calcium.
5. Milk, actually whats really targeted is lacto bacillus bacteria.
6. Bleach, again used in hydroponics for sterilization of root zone, never used in soil growing as far as I know.
7. Beer, this would be used primarily for the brewer's yeast found in it. Lots of enzymes.
8. It's Silica or silicon, not silicone. Very common practice. Could be derived from many sources. I.e. soil, glass, DE, etc.
9. Sno cone or Kool-Aid, people used to say it would make your variety taste like what you used, not true, the carbs found would make more sense but glucose sugars really are what matters.
10. Bananas, again, a great addition to compost piles.
11. Fish/fish heads, old school technique, works great but not quickly, must be broken down by microbes to be effective.
A lot of these are real, but many are added to the soil and aged not watered in. Some sound crazy some, like different types of shit, are common practice. My 2cents. PEACE.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
Placing 1 full egg and one banana in the ground i have never tried it but there are reports that native indians used to place 1 fish into each hole before planting anything
the fish works great...I do it in my veggie garden too..eggs and bannanas are either added to worm bin or in compost pile..

DrFever

Veteran
i always wondered how long a egg would take to decompose when placed in soil ??? kinda a neat idea not talking about egg shells i am talking about a whole full egg
i know for my out door compost bin i through literally everything green in it ....
i really want to make a soil this year where i make 50 percent soil 20 percent EWC and 20 percent fresh grass clippings mixed throughly and couple eggs and banana's in lower whole going to give it a try for couple of plants clones are rooting for out door grow :) second pic is compost bin mixture into soil and collected rain water only used

Attachments

• IMG1100.jpg
    IMG1100.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG341.jpg
    IMG341.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 14

vostok

Veteran
aspirin-for-primary-prevention-clopidogrel-meta-analysis.jpg

...is the most far out thing I have included in my weed water ...
but I just knew I'd be doing some such when I signed up to ICMAG,
its why I signed up ...to grow better weed

vostok

Veteran
Ok.
1. Pee, this is actually a REAL practice. Although it is easy to overdo. Adds both ammonia and urea nitrogen to the soil.
2. Blood, yeah, could easily be used adds both ammonical and urea nitrogen to soil, as well as hormones, vitamins, and iron
3. H202, usually used in hydroponics for sterilization, kills microbes found in healthy organic soils.
4. Egg shells, common practice in composting. Definitely adds calcium.
5. Milk, actually whats really targeted is lacto bacillus bacteria.
6. Bleach, again used in hydroponics for sterilization of root zone, never used in soil growing as far as I know.
7. Beer, this would be used primarily for the brewer's yeast found in it. Lots of enzymes.
8. It's Silica or silicon, not silicone. Very common practice. Could be derived from many sources. I.e. soil, glass, DE, etc.
9. Sno cone or Kool-Aid, people used to say it would make your variety taste like what you used, not true, the carbs found would make more sense but glucose sugars really are what matters.
10. Bananas, again, a great addition to compost piles.
11. Fish/fish heads, old school technique, works great but not quickly, must be broken down by microbes to be effective.
A lot of these are real, but many are added to the soil and aged not watered in. Some sound crazy some, like different types of shit, are common practice. My 2cents. PEACE.
RoostaPhish, is correct, I have added most if not all of the above to my soils in the past I don't see any of this as strange as adding aspirin to your weeds ...lol

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
they love the buried rotten eggs in some places....I wouldn't recommend burying a whole egg...yeehaw..egg shells take a long time to break down ..some folks soften them in vinegar...

DrFever

Veteran
owe i am throwing in 2 full eggs this can obviousy attract insects but we will see really wondering how the fresh grass clippings will work for N
i might even keep placing weekly fresh grass clippings on top of soil around plants

ill add some woodshavings or sawdust toward the end of flower if the ladies look to green.thats how i flush excess nitrogen outta the soil

kaochiu

Veteran
Crushed egg shells also work as a barrier to snails and slugs, but nothing weird about them. Weirdest one i remember was the first time i grew, early eighties. A friend had some rabbits in a farm that died of myxomatosis, so he made a hole and buried them next to a wall. Some time later we put some seeds there. And... boooom! Really strong plants. We chopped them as soon as the leaves were big enough, then dried in the oven. Magnificent coughs. So, rabbits.