What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

R

Robrites

Man suspected of money laundering after $400,000 found in washing machine

Man suspected of money laundering after $400,000 found in washing machine

(CNN)The term "money laundering" was never more appropriate than this week, when Dutch police found around $400,000 stuffed inside the drum of a washing machine.

A man present in the house during Monday's raid was arrested on suspicion of -- yes, you've guessed it -- money laundering.
Authorities were checking for unregistered residents in western Amsterdam when they found the load.

"The municipal administration revealed that no one lived at the address," the police told CNN in a statement. "When the police did a search through the house they found €350,000 hidden in the washing machine."
181123104653-01-amsterdam-money-laundering-exlarge-169.jpg

The police also confiscated several mobile phones, a firearm and a money-counting machine during the raid. The suspect, who is 24 years old, has not been named.
The police news release included a picture of bundles of €20 and €50 bills crammed into the washing machine.
They said in a statement that the raid was part of an investigation into "housing fraud, money laundering and other [signs] of crime."

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It started out at 400,000 in the wash-machine - but once the Police found it - it was only 350,000 - lol

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
(CNN) .......when Dutch police found around $400,000 stuffed inside the drum of a washing machine.

Sure sounds like a dumbass to me....

If I had $400,000, I could sure as hell find a better place to hide it than inside an old washing machine.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

'God, I Don't Want to Die.' Journal Reveals the Final Days of an American Missionary Killed By An Isolated Tribe

An American Instagram adventurer and evangelist who was killed by members of an isolated tribe after trespassing on their island left behind a journal detailing his intention to convert the community to Christianity.

John Allen Chau, 26, was shot with an arrow last week on the remote North Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal, home to the tiny Sentinelese tribe, which for centuries has rejected all contact with the outside world. The tribe is heavily protected under Indian law, which bans all visits to North Sentinel.

“God Himself was hiding us from the Coast Guard and many patrols,” Chau wrote of his journey to the island in a diary that he left with fishermen who ferried him there. Chau’s mother later passed the pages, along with notes to his family, to The Washington Post.

“Lord, is this island Satan’s last stronghold where none have heard or even had the chance to hear your name?” he wrote in one of the pencilled diary entries.

Chau described his interactions with the tribe on several visits he had made to the island before his fatal trip.

“I hollered, ‘My name is John, I love you and Jesus loves you,’” he wrote, describing some Sentinelese men as being five-foot-five and wearing yellow paste on their faces. Chau tried to speak their language and sign “worship songs” to the tribe, eliciting angry reactions, The Post reports.

Chau claimed that an arrow shot by a teenage member of the tribe had pierced the water-proof bible he was carrying. But a final note he wrote to his family suggests he had resolved to continue despite the risks. “You guys might think I’m crazy in all this but I think it’s worthwhile to declare Jesus to these people,” he wrote in his last note to his family on November 16. “God, I don’t want to die,” he added.

Towards the end of the diary, Chau asked God to forgive “any of the people on this island who try to kill me, and especially if they succeed.”

Local fishermen told police they had seen tribe members dragging Chau’s body along the beach and burying it.

Medical experts have expressed concern that the body could expose the Sentinelese, whose isolation has left them with no immunity to common modern diseases, to potentially deadly pathogens. Indian authorities believe the Sentinelese only number in the dozens.

Seven people have been arrested on suspicion of helping Chau reach the island.

As welcome as the Jehovah Witnesses, lol.
chooch, deserved every painful second of his death.

shithawk420

Veteran
I got no sympathy for the guy.lol at water proof Bible.imagine how inbred that tribe is.cant think of any reason to even go there unless they have history changing ruins or something

Gry

Veteran

'God, I Don't Want to Die.' Journal Reveals the Final Days of an American Missionary Killed By An Isolated Tribe

An American Instagram adventurer and evangelist who was killed by members of an isolated tribe after trespassing on their island left behind a journal detailing his intention to convert the community to Christianity.

John Allen Chau, 26, was shot with an arrow last week on the remote North Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal, home to the tiny Sentinelese tribe, which for centuries has rejected all contact with the outside world. The tribe is heavily protected under Indian law, which bans all visits to North Sentinel.

“God Himself was hiding us from the Coast Guard and many patrols,” Chau wrote of his journey to the island in a diary that he left with fishermen who ferried him there. Chau’s mother later passed the pages, along with notes to his family, to The Washington Post.

“Lord, is this island Satan’s last stronghold where none have heard or even had the chance to hear your name?” he wrote in one of the pencilled diary entries.

Chau described his interactions with the tribe on several visits he had made to the island before his fatal trip.

“I hollered, ‘My name is John, I love you and Jesus loves you,’” he wrote, describing some Sentinelese men as being five-foot-five and wearing yellow paste on their faces. Chau tried to speak their language and sign “worship songs” to the tribe, eliciting angry reactions, The Post reports.

Chau claimed that an arrow shot by a teenage member of the tribe had pierced the water-proof bible he was carrying. But a final note he wrote to his family suggests he had resolved to continue despite the risks. “You guys might think I’m crazy in all this but I think it’s worthwhile to declare Jesus to these people,” he wrote in his last note to his family on November 16. “God, I don’t want to die,” he added.

Towards the end of the diary, Chau asked God to forgive “any of the people on this island who try to kill me, and especially if they succeed.”

Local fishermen told police they had seen tribe members dragging Chau’s body along the beach and burying it.

Medical experts have expressed concern that the body could expose the Sentinelese, whose isolation has left them with no immunity to common modern diseases, to potentially deadly pathogens. Indian authorities believe the Sentinelese only number in the dozens.

Seven people have been arrested on suspicion of helping Chau reach the island.

As welcome as the Jehovah Witnesses, lol.
chooch, deserved every painful second of his death.

Were there any justice in this world, the legal reps of the tribe would sue this exceptional individual's estate, and any organized outfits that backed him.
"Until pigs fly".

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Grand Theft Otter

Grand Theft Otter

sun-yat-sen-otter.jpg

A river otter on the loose in Vancouver's Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden is still playing coy and slaying koi.

The elusive creature has been feasting on the prized koi fish in the garden's pond for several days and has continuously evaded attempts at capture. Park staff have said they are "devastated" by the loss of the beautiful fish.

SUNYATSENOTTER%2B%25288%2529.jpg

Overnight Wednesday, it apparently sneaked into one of the traps set up by the Vancouver Park Board, ate the meat used as bait and then slipped away.

And on Thursday morning, another half-eaten decorative carp was discovered, bringing the body count to approximately seven.

Staff quickly disposed of the evidence Thursday morning while curious onlookers gathered outside the park gate to sneak a peek at the hairy otter.

The park remains closed to visitors and the media, but passersby said they were fascinated by the exploits of the cagey carnivore.

Several people approached the gate Thursday and peered inside.

Leo Kiu said he heard about the otter from the media but he also works in the area and enjoys visiting the garden.

"I mean, it's natural for otter to find their food in the city, but also I enjoy the animals here, the koi and the turtles and other animals," Kiu said.

[YOUTUBEIF]3JxnsEclG_A[/YOUTUBEIF]

Italian student Max Bottega has been in Vancouver since August and has never seen an otter before. He describes himself as "definitely team otter."

"I thought it was pretty badass and so I came to check it out," Bottega said. "It's kind of a swimming rat, yeah?"

Nine-year-old R.J. Fore said his family has koi fish at home, and the otter's predation on the garden's fish makes him sad.

"They're cool fish," R.J. said. "I love koi fish. They're my favourite type of fish."

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/grand-theft-otter-river-otter-in-vancouver-park-steals-fish-and-hearts-1.4917516

RMS

:smoweed:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm not sure if this is weird, wacky or funny news,

But is sure is good news...:woohoo:

Attachments

• I love science.jpg
    I love science.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 14

shithawk420

Veteran
You just know she's fucking the damn things.absolutely disgusting.she even named it.probably just trying to make the other chandeliers jealous

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
HMS Dragon: Three tonnes of hashish seized in the Gulf

HMS Dragon: Three tonnes of hashish seized in the Gulf

_104492266_dragonmod.jpg

Three tonnes of hashish - with a street value of millions of pounds - has been seized in the Gulf.
The Royal Navy warship HMS Dragon was on patrol in the Middle East, in a drug-smuggling route known as the "Hash Highway", when it came across the suspicious boat.
Sailors and Royal Marines boarded the vessel and found 148 bags of hashish hidden on board.
It's one of the Royal Navy's biggest drugs busts in the region this year.
The bags of drugs seized on the dhow, a type of vessel common in the Middle East, weighed 3,048kg.
The seizure, on Sunday, deals "a major blow to the funding of terrorism", the Ministry of Defence said.
The Hash Highway is the route that smugglers use to transport drugs from Afghanistan to east Africa and the Middle East. Profits are thought to fund criminal networks and terrorist groups.

Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said: "Alongside keeping key shipping channels safe, countering piracy and providing disaster relief, the Royal Navy makes a significant contribution to global security by tackling the illicit drugs trade.
"The success of HMS Dragon's seizure is the latest blow struck to this nefarious industry."

_104492274_drgn--4--1.jpg

The commanding officer of the Royal Navy Type 45 destroyer, Commander Mike Carter-Quinn, said: "This seizure is testament not only to days of focused hard work, but also to months of effort in preparation for HMS Dragon's operational deployment.
"The Dragons - all 260 of my crew, from the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, and US Coastguard - have done themselves and their families proud and I couldn't be more honoured to serve with them every day."
HMS Dragon, which is based in Portsmouth, is part of the Combined Task Force 150 which looks after security in the world's major shipping lanes.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46346367

RMS

:smoweed: