What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Smells like victory.
primary__20_20_20_20_20apoc-thumb-400x211-30117.jpg

vta

Veteran
lol...you Moonbats...

Guy Saves $1100 on Car Insurance By Switching to Female

Yep. A guy gamed the system and legally changed his sex just to get cheaper auto insurance.

CalgarySun-

An Alberta man has legally changed his gender purely to benefit from the lower car insurance rates offered to women.

“I didn’t feel like getting screwed over any more,” the man, identified only as “David,” told CBC this week.

For more than three years, Alberta has been among several provinces in which residents can legally change the sex on their birth certificates without providing evidence of genital surgery.

Under a 2015 reform brought in by Alberta’s Progressive Conservatives, to change the gender on a birth certificate applicants need only provide a note from an accredited physician or psychologist indicating that they identify as a different sex.

“It was pretty simple. I just basically asked for it and told (the doctor) that I identify as a woman, or I’d like to identify as a woman, and he wrote me the letter I wanted,” David told CBC.

Once a birth certificate is amended, it’s then a simple process to have the change applied to an Alberta driver’s licence.

David noted in a post to Reddit last April that he would have paid $4,517 if he had insured his car as a man, but the cost dropped to $3,423 once he became a woman.

shithawk420

Veteran
Holy shit that's a lot of money for car insurance.thats pretty fucked that you can do that though.once your born and it's on the birth certificate it should be pretty much set in stone.just seems like it fucks with the legal status or something.im buzzed.cant think of the right words right now.thats gotta be the biggest tightwad jagoff ever to go through all that trouble to save money.he should of switched to Geico.lol

armedoldhippy

Veteran
that's dumb as hell. women cause most wrecks, even if they are not actually involved in them. of course, morons with too much machismo are the pencil-necked geeks racing through traffic in their jacked-up trucks/hot rods/tuned rice burners/crotch rockets running way over the speed limit, so probably a wash...:biggrin:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
You Deserve A Break Today @ MacDonald's

You Deserve A Break Today @ MacDonald's

oS2LIRU.jpg

Female McDonald's worker body-slams woman customer who threw a milkshake over her and hit her in the face with a tray in fight over free soda

RMS

:smoweed:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Scientists Confirm Einstein's Supermassive Black Hole Theory

Scientists Confirm Einstein's Supermassive Black Hole Theory

rx1uyMD.jpg

Einstein’s 100-year-old general theory of relativity predicted that light from stars would be stretched to longer wavelengths by the extreme gravitational field of a black hole, and the star would appear redder, an effect known as gravitational red shift.

“This was the first time we could test directly Einstein’s theory of general relativity near a supermassive black hole,” Frank Eisenhauer, senior astronomer at the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics, told journalists.

“At the time of Einstein, he could not think or dream of what we are showing today,” he said.

A team of scientists at the European Southern Observatory started monitoring the central area of the Milky Way using its Very Large Telescope to observe the motion of stars near the supermassive black hole 26 years ago.

The black hole is 26,000 light years away from Earth and has a mass 4 million times that of the Sun.

The scientists selected one star, S2, to follow. With an orbit of 16 years, they knew it would return close to the black hole in 2018.

Over 20 years, the accuracy of their instruments has improved and so in May 2018, they were able to take extremely precise measurements in conjunction with scientists from around the world.

This showed the star’s orbital velocity increasing to more than 25 million kph (15.5 million mph) as it approached the black hole.

The star’s wavelength stretched as it sought to escape the gravitational pull of the supermassive black hole, shifting its appearance from blue to red, Odele Straub from the Paris Observatory said.

The scientists now hope to observe other theories of black hole physics, she said.

“This is the first step on a long road that the team has done over many years and which we hope to continue in the next years,” MPE’s Reinhard Genzel, who led the international team, said.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-space-milky-way/scientists-confirm-einsteins-supermassive-black-hole-theory-idUSKBN1KG28G

RMS

R

Robrites

Colorado man steals tractor, bites police dog

Colorado man steals tractor, bites police dog

DENVER – A man accused of stealing a tractor before leading Denver police on a slow-speed chase through the city also is charged with biting and choking a police dog and stealing two other cars.
Denver District Attorney Beth McCann on Thursday filed 23 charges against 37-year-old Thomas Busch connected to the July 20 incident, including 10 felony-level charges.

It is not clear if Busch has an attorney.
The charges include three counts of aggravated motor vehicle theft, three counts of failure to report an accident and one count of cruelty to a certified police working dog.
Authorities say Busch stole a car, then a tow truck before taking the tractor from a city water department facility.
A police squad car eventually rammed the tractor’s front end in downtown Denver, stopping it.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Cop Stopped and Searched Motorists Because They Were Suspiciously Obeying the Law

Cop Stopped and Searched Motorists Because They Were Suspiciously Obeying the Law

1GiJv16SRRoQTQtmOufXi9b0qyN5d06uU.jpg

Last month a North Dakota Judge ruled that nearly 500 lbs of marijuana seized during a traffic stop could not be admitted as evidence for criminal charges against the driver and his passenger because the traffic stop itself was unconstitutional.

The story made headlines because, let’s face it, that’s a lot of marijuana and losing the ability to use it as evidence in criminal proceedings is a world-class cock up.

I’m a little late to the story, but I felt it was worth highlighting because Judge Jay Schmitz’s opinion in the matter is something to behold.

You can read the whole thing below, but here’s a quick summary of what went down.

Stutsman County Deputy Matt Thom saw a pickup truck with Minnesota plates driving along Interstate 94 here in North Dakota at a speed which was 2 miles per hour under the limit. He began following the vehicle. He ran the vehicle’s Minnesota plates and found it was registered to Nhia Lee of St. Paul. He then pulled up alongside the truck and looked at the passengers. He observed the driver operating the vehicle with his hands at the 10-and-2 position. He also observed that the driver wouldn’t look over at him and was acting nervous.

Because no law-abiding citizen would ever be nervous with a cop driving alongside them on the interstate and giving the hairy eyeball.

Anyway, the deputy found all this lawful activity to be very suspicious, so he pulled the vehicle over and found a mountain of marijuana in the back of the truck.

When this case was brought to court, the judge wasn’t buying any of that and rightfully so. The smackdown he gives the deputy is, in a word, epic.

We know now that the defendants in this case had a very large quantity of illegal drugs in their truck. They were, in fact, committing a crime. So some might be tempted to write the judge’s opprobrium as a technicality getting in the way of justice.

Only Schmitz addresses that, noting the “judicial conundrum” of giving way to a police state:

“Widespread marijuana use presents real risks to our society,” Judge Schmitz wrote in conclusion. “But the dangers of turning a blind eye to official abuses of our fundamental freedoms in the name of a ‘war on drugs’ are far greater. Slowly but constantly the Leviathan grows.”

Hear, hear.

Source: https://www.sayanythingblog.com/entry/cop-stopped-and-searched-motorists-because-they-were-suspiciously-obeying-the-law/

RMS

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
What is she doing? Drugs? She can't possibly be THAT stupid doing what I fear she's trying to achieve... and that twice!

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Stupid bitch is trying to get the filler cap, left rear, next to the pump

The number plate is British ...fucking typical, I'm sure I've met her and her entire family on the roads, give me strength