What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird - Wacky - Funny News

N

noyd666

Melbourne Australia, how to hit a bridge with tray up.
picture.php

armedoldhippy

Veteran
:laughing:

What a dumb fuck!!

think how dull life would be if not for folks like that? i understand it, and i am, from time to time, capable of such idiocy. :tiphat: i'm getting old, but it has been going on for years. hell, i collided with a boat while riding a dirt bike & the throttle stuck...:)

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Not funny

Louisville, Ky. (AP) -- Thousands of bourbon barrels were piled in a massive heap Friday after a large section of a whiskey storage warehouse collapsed at a distillery in the heart of Kentucky bourbon country. About 9,000 barrels filled with aging bourbon were affected by the warehouse collapse at the Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown, said Nelson County Emergency Management spokesman Milt Spalding. No injuries were reported following the late-morning collapse, he said.

Oh no! did ya hear that armedoldhippy?!

Attachments

• whisky spill.jpg
    whisky spill.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 13

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
JUNE 20, 2018: Bizarre, Drunk Kansas Man, 23, Charged For Lewd Tailpipe Tryst

JUNE 20, 2018: Bizarre, Drunk Kansas Man, 23, Charged For Lewd Tailpipe Tryst

This gives a "hole" new meaning to the term tailgate party....:yoinks:

JUNE 20--A Kansas man was charged today with lewd and lascivious behavior for his repeated attempts to have sex with the tailpipe of a parked automobile, according to court records.

Ryan Malek, 23, was named in a Municipal Court complaint accusing him of exposing himself with the intent of arousing or gratifying “sexual desires.” Malek has been summoned to appear in court on July 19 to answer the criminal charge.

Pictured above, Malek, cops say, was intoxicated when he sought to tryst with a vehicle on May 1 in Newton, a city 25 miles north of Wichita.

Local cops responding to a 911 call about a man beneath a vehicle discovered Malek endeavoring to place his penis into the tailpipe of a car parked outside an apartment complex. Malek, a Newton resident, was “oblivious” when initially contacted by police.

Malek, whose blood alcohol content was later measured at more than four times the legal limit, continued trying to have sex with the tailpipe in the presence of officers. Cops subsequently tased Malek, took him into custody, and transported him to a local hospital for treatment.

The criminal complaint lists six witnesses who reportedly saw Malek trying to have sex with the tailpipe. Malek’s rap sheet includes arrests for marijuana possession and aggravated assault.

RMS

:smoweed:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Not funny

Louisville, Ky. (AP) -- Thousands of bourbon barrels were piled in a massive heap Friday after a large section of a whiskey storage warehouse collapsed at a distillery in the heart of Kentucky bourbon country. About 9,000 barrels filled with aging bourbon were affected by the warehouse collapse at the Barton 1792 Distillery in Bardstown, said Nelson County Emergency Management spokesman Milt Spalding. No injuries were reported following the late-morning collapse, he said.

Oh no! did ya hear that armedoldhippy?!

no great loss.:biggrin: the stuff i drink is made in Lynchburg or my outbuilding. that reminds me, i need more Turbo yeast...:tiphat: the pictures i saw did not show any ruptured barrels. maybe it can all be saved. it could have been sabotage, hoping insurance would cover it since sales in Europe are dropping due to the trade war/tariffs...:moon:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
U.S. Soldier Claims To Have Shot & Killed A 12-Foot Giant In Afghanistan

U.S. Soldier Claims To Have Shot & Killed A 12-Foot Giant In Afghanistan

In Brief

The Facts:
There is corroborating testimony that a patrol of U. S. Soldiers shot and killed a giant 12-15 feet tall in Afghanistan, widely known a 'The Kandahar Giant.'

Reflect On:
What would be the implications about human history if we came to know that there were one or several other humanoid species that once lived on the planet, or indeed still live here today?

In 2002 a U. S. patrol had gone missing in a very remote area of Afghanistan. Another patrol was dispatched on a search and rescue mission, and one soldier on that patrol described what he saw after coming around the side of a mountain:

As we bent around this corner you could see the opening of the cave. And then I see a lot of rocks which is another oddity. And then bone matter. I’m not close enough to identify what kind of bones but I did see what I knew to be a piece of our communications equipment. So instantly we’re thinking ‘ambush,’ maybe animal, you know, could be anything. There was enough room in front of the cave, but it had a sheer drop-off; but there was enough room that we got into a decent dispersal in case of ambush.

Not long after they had gotten into that dispersal formation, they saw something emerge from the cave that, despite their preparedness, caught them fully off guard.

It was a man at least 12 to 15 feet in height. This is a MONSTER. Red beard, with his hair–was longish, past his shoulders, a scarlet red. And Dan runs at him and starts shooting, which broke all of us into the reality–because it was surreal.

While Dan is moving at him, another bro of mine is laying down fire and I start firing. He skewers Dan–he’s now got him on this ‘pike.’ It went through him. He’s got him and he’s coming after more.

We all just clicked in. I don’t know what it was, but I remember we were all like, ‘Shoot him in the face, shoot him in the face!’ He’s taking multiple hits, and he’s still moving.

Eventually, the giant was killed. Dan had been killed as well. And the patrol unit was soon visited by a helicopter that dropped some cargo netting. They were told they had to bundle up the giant in the netting, and soon after they were done, a larger helicopter came by, dropped a hook, and the giant was carried off.

The soldier confirmed that the red-haired, fair-skinned giant had six fingers on each hand and six toes on each foot. After they had submitted their after-action report, the soldier recounts that they were told by their top brass to re-write it in a particular fashion, presumably to remove any mention of a giant being.

Corroborating Testimony

Although not an eyewitness, another special ops soldier in Afghanistan provides the following corroborating testimony:

We would come back to the base and started hearing this rumor about a unit that killed this, what they started calling this really tall person. At first I didn’t think anything of it, then come to find out that the person they killed was actually three times the size of a man, had extra digits on their hands, and extra digits on their feet, and had red hair, and a special unit had come in and wanted this target.

Well we’d heard that they killed this thing inside a cave, or the mouth of a cave, and there was common knowledge among the military to hear this. When you first hear, you’re thinking like, this has got to be a joke. This has got to be a hoax. Then after things go down a certain way, and you keep hearing it, you start to realize it’s not a joke.

They kept telling us to keep our weapons high, which normally means it’s two to the chest, one to the head, but they kept telling us to put it towards a man’s head, and put it higher. So we would question, why would they want us to shoot higher than a man’s head?

Recorded Interviews

These testimonies are found in the compilation video below, from interviews conducted by L. A. Marzulli with the two soldiers who wanted to remain anonymous. In addition, there is some footage from Coast to Coast with host George Noory featuring a pilot who saw and actually transported the giant.

[YOUTUBEIF]15WMbKE-FNs[/YOUTUBEIF]

Pilot’s Testimony

This pilot had landed at a base in Afghanistan and was told that they had to pick up special cargo and that there were absolutely no cameras allowed. The pilot describes the ‘cargo’:

It was basically a dead ‘guy,’ and this guy was extremely large, and when I say large, our pallets are basically, if I remember correctly, about 9 by 12 feet, or so, and this guy was laying in a fetal position, on the pallet, and he filled the pallet. He was around an 1100 pound guy.

The pilot corroborated much more of the details given by the other two witnesses, including the fact that this giant was fair-skinned, red-haired, and had extra digits on his hands and feet.

Widespread Corroboration

As impressive as the consistency of these three separate testimonies is, there is actually much more widespread corroboration about the existence of fair-skinned, red-haired giants with six fingers and toes, and double rows of teeth. Certainly, in Afghanistan, the stories among the natives were rampant about the existence of cannibalistic giants living in caves. The soldiers who could understand the natives’ language tended to refer to these stories as ‘legends’, although a few noted that the presence of bones near cave entrances suggested that humans were killed and eaten by something living in the cave, either by ambush or, according to the natives, by sacrifices they offered the giant.

There is plenty of evidence that a cannibalistic, red-haired race of giants once inhabited North America, and menaced several native tribes whose folklore and legends (or for the tribes, history) tell stories similar to the one recounted in this article:

After years of strife and numerous casualties on both sides of the fence, the natives decided to end this giant threat for good-by uniting under a single flag. It wasn’t long until the red-haired giants were crippled and forced out of their homes.

The giants retreated inside a cave, but were tracked down by the natives, and with a will to avenge their fallen brethren, they set up a considerable fire that had them all burnt or intoxicated. Those who ventured outside to try to escape the putsch were met with retribution to the last one.

In reference to red-haired giants, there is a discussion between David Wilcock and Corey Goode where it is said that these giants have been found in stasis, which means in suspended animation, until such a time that they are supposed to return. More than one person within the UFO community has borne witness to these red-haired giants being found in stasis chambers, in full battle regalia and other adornments, seemingly in preparation to resume their role on Earth at the appointed time.

Reasons For Non-Disclosure

In asking one of the U. S. army witnesses why this information was being kept secret from the world, he said,

My personal opinion is, if it points to the Bible’s accurate, they don’t want it. If it goes against Darwinian Evolution, it’s not to be spoken of.

This is very much in keeping with my previous article on Giants in North America, where it seems that those in power are trying their best to keep everybody from finding out that human history is very different from the neo-Darwinian model in which human evolution has been a slow, unbroken, random pattern without intervention from any other sentient species. It’s likely that just learning of the existence of one different species here on Earth would completely break the spell and have a majority of us ready to demand the truth about our history and our place in this universe alongside other intelligent species.

Snopes Weighs In

Of course mainstream attempts to dampen the credibility of this type of story starts at the top–the top of a Google search, I mean. A search on ‘Kandahar Giant,’ predictably, has this Snopes article first on the list, to tell us of course that the whole story is false. The proof?

A Department of Defense spokesman told us they have no record of such an incident: “We do not have any record or information about a special forces member killed by a giant in Kandahar.”

Source: https://www.collective-evolution.com/2018/06/22/u-s-soldier-claims-to-have-shot-killed-a-12-foot-giant-in-afghanistan/

RMS

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
And here I am thinking Sasquatch was an American citizen.
The only part of this entire story that rings true is the "shoot him in the face" attitude displayed by the guys with the guns.

Which confirms it is fantasy.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
For The First Time Ever, Astronomers Have Observed a Black Hole Ejecting Matter Twice

For The First Time Ever, Astronomers Have Observed a Black Hole Ejecting Matter Twice

double_burp_black_hole_1024.jpg

Wow.

Black holes don't just sit there munching away constantly on the space around them. Eventually they run out of nearby matter and go quiet, lying in wait until a stray bit of gas passes by.

Then a black hole devours again, belching out a giant jet of particles. And earlier this year scientists announced they'd captured one doing so not once, but twice - the first time this had been observed.

The two burps, occurring within the span of 100,000 years, confirm that supermassive black holes go through cycles of hibernation and activity.

It's actually not as animalistic as all that, since black holes aren't living or sentient, but it's a decent-enough metaphor for the way black holes devour material, drawing it in with their tremendous gravity.

But even though we're used to thinking how nothing ever comes back out of a black hole, the curious thing is that they don't retain everything they capture.

When they consume matter such as gas or stars, they also generate a powerful outflow of high-energy particles from close to the event horizon, but not beyond the point of no return.

"Black holes are voracious eaters, but it also turns out they don't have very good table manners," said lead researcher Julie Comerford, an astronomer at the University of Colorado Boulder.

"We know a lot of examples of black holes with single burps emanating out, but we discovered a galaxy with a supermassive black hole that has not one but two burps."

The black hole in question is the supermassive beast at the centre of a galaxy called SDSS J1354+1327 or just J1354 for short. It's about 800 million light-years from Earth, and it showed up in Chandra data as a very bright point of X-ray emission - bright enough to be millions or even billions of times more massive than our Sun.

The team of researchers compared X-ray data from the Chandra X-ray observatory to visible-light images from the Hubble Space Telescope, and found that the black hole is surrounded by a thick cloud of dust and gas.

"We are seeing this object feast, burp, and nap, and then feast and burp once again, which theory had predicted," Comerford said. "Fortunately, we happened to observe this galaxy at a time when we could clearly see evidence for both events."

That evidence consists of two bubbles in the gas - one above and one below the black hole, expulsions particles following a meal. And they were able to gauge that the two bubbles had occurred at different times.

[YOUTUBEIF]dBKy-I6UWsw[/YOUTUBEIF]

The southern bubble had expanded 30,000 light-years from the galactic centre, while the northern bubble had expanded just 3,000 light-years from the galactic centre. These are known as Fermi bubbles, and they are usually seen after a black hole feeding event.

From the movement speed of these bubbles, the team was able to work out they occurred roughly 100,000 years apart.

So what's the black hole eating that's giving it such epic indigestion? Another galaxy.

A companion galaxy is connected to J1354 by streams of stars and gas, due to a collision between the two. It is clumps of material from this second galaxy that swirled towards the black hole and got eaten up.

"This galaxy really caught us off guard," said doctoral student Rebecca Nevin.

"We were able to show that the gas from the northern part of the galaxy was consistent with an advancing edge of a shock wave, and the gas from the south was consistent with an older outflow from the black hole."

The Milky Way also has Fermi bubbles following a feeding event by Sagittarius A*, the black hole in its centre. And, just as J1354's black hole fed, slept, then fed again, astronomers believe Sagittarius A* will wake to feed again too.

The research was presented at the 231st meeting of the American Astronomical Society, and has also been published in The Astrophysical Journal.

Source: https://www.sciencealert.com/first-time-astronomers-supermassive-black-hole-feeding-double-burp

RMS

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
It's All About Neutrinos

It's All About Neutrinos

This insane golden chamber contains water so pure it can dissolve metal, and is helping scientists detect dying stars.

The Super-Kamiokande neutrino detector is a physics experiment the size of a 15-storey building, buried under a mountain in Japan.
Neutrinos are sub-atomic particles that pass through us all the time, and studying them can tell us about supernovas and the composition of the universe.
The detector is full of ultra-pure water, which can leach the nutrients out of your hair and dissolve metal.
Hidden 1,000 metres under Mount Ikeno in Japan is a place that looks like a supervillain’s dream.

Super-Kamiokande (or “Super-K” as it’s sometimes referred to) is a neutrino detector. Neutrinos are sub-atomic particles which travel through space and pass through solid matter as though it were air.

Studying these particles is helping scientists detect dying stars and learn more about the universe. Business Insider spoke to three scientists about how the giant gold chamber works – and the dangers of conducting experiments inside it.

Seeing the sub-atomic world

Neutrinos can be very hard to detect, so much so that Neil deGrasse dubbed them “the most elusive prey in the cosmos.”In this video, he explains that the detection chamber is buried deep within the earth to stop other particles from getting in.

“Matter poses no obstacle to a neutrino,” he says. “A neutrino could pass through a hundred light-years of steel without even slowing down.”

But why catch them at all?

“If there’s a supernova, a star that collapses into itself and turns into a black hole,” Dr Yoshi Uchida of Imperial College London told Business Insider. “If that happens in our galaxy, something like Super-K is one of the very few objects that can see the neutrinos from it.”

Before a star starts to collapse it shoots out neutrinos, so Super-K acts as a sort of early-warning system, telling us when to look out for these dazzling cosmic events.

“The back-of-the-envelope calculations say it’s going to be about once every 30 years that a supernova explodes in the sort of range that our detectors can see,” said Dr Uchida. “If you miss one you’re going to have to wait another few decades on average to see the next one.”

Firing neutrinos through Japan

Super-K doesn’t just catch neutrinos raining down from space.

Situated on the opposite side of Japan in Tokai, the T2K experiment fires a neutrino beam 295 km through the Earth to be picked up in Super-K on the west side of the country.

Studying the way the neutrinos change (or “oscillate”) as they pass through matter may tell us more about the origins of the universe, for example, the relationship between matter and anti-matter.

5b2925d91ae66223008b53b3.jpg

“Our big bang models predict that matter and anti-matter should have been created in equal parts,” Dr Morgan Wascko of Imperial College told Business Insider, “but now [most of] the anti-matter has disappeared through one way or another.” Studying neutrinos might be one way of figuring out how this came to be.

How Super-K catches neutrinos

Buried 1,000 metres underground, Super-Kamiokande is as big as a 15-storey building, and looks a little something like this.

5b2127df1ae6624d008b5069.jpg

The enormous tank is filled with 50,000 tonnes of ultra-pure water. This is because when travelling through water, neutrinos are faster than light. So when a neutrino travels through water, “it will produce light in the same way that Concord used to produce sonic booms,” said Dr Uchida.

“If an aeroplane is going very fast, faster than the speed of sound, then it will produce sound – a big shockwave – in a way a slower object doesn’t. In the same way a particle passing through water, if it’s going faster than the speed of light in water, can also produce a shockwave of light.”

The chamber is lined with 11,000 golden-coloured bulbs. These are incredibly sensitive light-detectors called Photo Multiplier Tubes, which can pick up these shockwaves. Here’s one close up:

Dr Wascko describes them as “the inverse of a lightbulb.” Simply put, they can detect even minuscule amounts of light and convert it into an electrical current, which can then be observed.

Terrifyingly pure water

In order for the light from these shockwaves to reach the sensors, the water has to be cleaner than you can possibly imagine. Super-K is constantly filtering and re-purifying it, and even blasts it with UV light to kill off any bacteria.

Which actually makes it pretty creepy.

“Water that’s ultra-pure is waiting to dissolve stuff into it,” said Dr Uchida. “Pure water is very, very nasty stuff. It has the features of an acid and an alkaline.”

“If you went for a soak in this ultra-pure Super-K water you would get quite a bit of exfoliation,” said Dr Wascko. “Whether you want it or not.”

5b2131d01ae66240008b5130.jpg

When Super-K needs maintenance, researchers need to go out on rubber dinghies (see above) to fix and replace the sensors.

Dr Matthew Malek, of the University of Sheffield, and two others were doing maintenance from a dinghy back when he was a PhD student.

At the end of the day’s work, the gondola that normally takes the physicists in and out of the tank was broken, so he and two others had to sit tight for a while. They kicked back in their boats, shooting the breeze.

“What I didn’t realise, as we were laying back in these boats and talking is that a little bit of my hair, probably no more than three centimeters, was dipped in the water,” Malek told Business Insider.

As they were draining the water out of Super-K at the time, Malek didn’t worry about contaminating it. But when he awoke at 3 a.m. the next morning, he had an awful realisation.

“I got up at 3 o’clock in the morning with the itchiest scalp I have ever had in my entire life,” he said. “Itchier than having chickenpox as a child. It was so itchy I just couldn’t sleep.”

5b2250e31ae6621a008b4f08.jpg

He realised that the water had leeched his hair’s nutrients out through the tips, and that this nutrient deficiency had worked its way up to his scalp. He quickly jumped in the shower and spent half an hour vigorously conditioning his hair.

Another tale comes from Dr Wascko, who heard that in 2000 when the tank had been fully drained, researchers found the outline of a wrench at the bottom of it. “Apparently somebody had left a wrench there when they filled it in 1995,” he said. “When they drained it in 2000 the wrench had dissolved.”

Super-K 2.0

Super-Kamiokande may be massive, but Dr Wascko told Business Insider that a yet bigger neutrino detector called “Hyper-Kamiokande” has been proposed.

“We’re trying to get this Hyper-Kamiokande experiment approved, and that would start running in approximately 2026,” he said.

Hyper-K would be 20 times bigger than Super-K in terms of sheer volume, and with about 99,000 light detectors as opposed to 11,000.

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/super-kamiokande-neutrino-detector-is-unbelievably-beautiful-2018-6?r=US&IR=T

RMS

N

noyd666

this bloke nearly lost a leg over severe constipation, near 2lts of faecal matter was removed from his bowls.:biggrin:not funny.
picture.php

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this bloke nearly lost a leg over severe constipation, near 2lts of faecal matter was removed from his bowls.:biggrin:not funny.View Image

I know a guy who heard that flax seeds were good for you to eat, he bought 10#s ate all of them, got constipated, did lose his leg plus two feet of large intestines.......

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
You Could Drink This Man's Frostbitten, Amputated Toes in a Cocktail

You Could Drink This Man's Frostbitten, Amputated Toes in a Cocktail

sourtoe6.jpg

After losing three toes to frostbite, a recent participant in one of the coldest long-distance races on Earth reached a toe-tally bizarre decision for what to do with the detached digits.

During the race, which took place in February in the Canadian Yukon, British competitor Nick Griffiths suffered frostbite so severe that three of his toes had to be amputated. Rather than simply disposing of the toes, he decided to donate them to a remote Canadian bar for use in a signature drink known as the "Sourtoe Cocktail," which famously includes a dehydrated human toe, according to the Toronto Star. [Would You Drink This Mummified-Toe Cocktail?]

It all began when Griffiths entered the 300-mile (483 kilometers) division of the Yukon Arctic Ultra, a punishing race across frozen wilderness that takes place along the Yukon Quest Trail. Participants race on foot, sleds and mountain bikes, and temperatures can drop below minus 58 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 50 degrees Celsius), according to the race's website.

After 30 hours on the trail, with temperatures measured at below minus 40 degrees F (minus 40 degrees C), Griffiths dropped out with evidence of frostbite on several extremities, but the damage was most severe in his left foot.

Griffiths got the idea to donate his toes while recuperating in a Canadian hospital, when a nurse showed him video footage of her quaffing a drink containing a preserved human toe, served at a bar called the Sourdough Saloon, in the Yukon Territory, Griffiths told the Star. After hearing her story, he decided to contact the bar staff with the offer of three newly detached toes, which they were pleased to accept, the Star reported.

Griffiths' bemused surgeon provided him with the amputated toes in vials of medical-grade alcohol, he told the Star.

After losing three toes to frostbite, a recent participant in one of the coldest long-distance races on Earth reached a toe-tally bizarre decision for what to do with the detached digits.

During the race, which took place in February in the Canadian Yukon, British competitor Nick Griffiths suffered frostbite so severe that three of his toes had to be amputated. Rather than simply disposing of the toes, he decided to donate them to a remote Canadian bar for use in a signature drink known as the "Sourtoe Cocktail," which famously includes a dehydrated human toe, according to the Toronto Star. [Would You Drink This Mummified-Toe Cocktail?]

It all began when Griffiths entered the 300-mile (483 kilometers) division of the Yukon Arctic Ultra, a punishing race across frozen wilderness that takes place along the Yukon Quest Trail. Participants race on foot, sleds and mountain bikes, and temperatures can drop below minus 58 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 50 degrees Celsius), according to the race's website.

After 30 hours on the trail, with temperatures measured at below minus 40 degrees F (minus 40 degrees C), Griffiths dropped out with evidence of frostbite on several extremities, but the damage was most severe in his left foot.

Griffiths got the idea to donate his toes while recuperating in a Canadian hospital, when a nurse showed him video footage of her quaffing a drink containing a preserved human toe, served at a bar called the Sourdough Saloon, in the Yukon Territory, Griffiths told the Star. After hearing her story, he decided to contact the bar staff with the offer of three newly detached toes, which they were pleased to accept, the Star reported.

Griffiths' bemused surgeon provided him with the amputated toes in vials of medical-grade alcohol, he told the Star.

For decades, the saloon has offered its Sourtoe Cocktail to intrepid imbibers — a tradition launched in 1973 using a toe that allegedly once belonged to a famous Canadian bootlegger. Patrons arrange to drink the cocktail by appointment and do so under the close supervision of a "Toe Captain." The official toe wrangler ensures not only that drinkers touch the toe with their lips — a requirement for receiving an official certificate from the bar for consuming the cocktail — but also that they neither steal nor swallow the toe (which has happened more than once, and as recently as last year, Live Science previously reported).

The cocktail must contain a minimum of 1 ounce of alcohol — and, of course, one human toe. Other than that, the drink's contents are up to the drinker, though the Sourtoe experience often involves a shot of a local beverage known as Yukon Jack — 80-proof liquor blended from Canadian whisky and honey, according to the Sourdough Cocktail Club website.

More than 100,000 people have sampled the Sourtoe, and in the decades since the grisly drink was first poured, more than 10 toes have been acquired by the saloon operators. Preserved toes are stored in salt when they're not floating in a cocktail. But they don't last forever, and the saloon depends on generous toe-nations such as Griffiths' to keep the Sourtoe Cocktail available for the curious and the brave, Jonny Klynkramer, the Sourdough Saloon bar manager, told the Star.

"We always prefer big toes — they're the meatiest," Klynkramer said.

Downtown-Hotel_3043%C2%A9Enviro-Foto.jpg

Source: https://www.livescience.com/62303-man-donates-amputated-toes-cocktail.html

RMS

Latest posts

Latest posts