What's new

Weird looking pellet turds on my flowers. What's this from?

49th

Caterpillar? Seems too big. Almost looks like rat/mouse shit?

Bit of foliage being chewed up but not tons. I cut off one bud that looked like it had mould but it appears to be some black diarrhea explosion or something....

Attachments

• t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 40
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 43
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 43
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 40

49th

Also what should I do if anything? I don't wanna get plague smoking this Apricot Kush. It smells nice though and it's almost finished in August due to some judgement errors.

Amynamous

Caterpillar poop.
They’ll turn black in a lil bit.
Where there’s poop, there’s cats. Look for them.
Many cats will do a violent purge(vomit/diarrhea) prior to their conversion to becoming a moth.
Don’t let them build a cocoon and watch out for bud rot.

therevverend

Veteran
Yep. Caterpillar shit. It also looks like seeds of a plant that grows in my area, sticks to my clothes and my cat but plants don't have diarrhea..

49th

I never seem to trust my gut instincts. Should I even bother with BTK spray at this point? It should be finished by end of August or early September.

I keep finding more poops on the main cola everywhere but haven't found a single caterpillar. More possible evidence of one though some spherical clear moulted looking part I found a couple of is the closest to any insect so far.

Probably these stupid white cabbage moths or whatever they're called I always see flying around. Never had a problem with them before oddly enough even though I've always seen them flying around.

Amynamous

Where I live, the loopers will crawl deep into the flowers rather than sit on top.
Can’t say I blame them. Looks like a great place to hang out and munch on trichomes.
They can be the same shade of green as what they are eating and you kinda have to contort the flowers to see them.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
if it is catapillars, they are most active at night. Go outside just before it gets light and shine a torch on the tops. The catapillars really stand out and can be picked off with tweezers. Yes it's to late for the BT, imho. I sprayed it late last year and then had to harvest 2 weeks later due to storms and the weed tastes like shit.

49th

if it is catapillars, they are most active at night. Go outside just before it gets light and shine a torch on the tops. The catapillars really stand out and can be picked off with tweezers. Yes it's to late for the BT, imho. I sprayed it late last year and then had to harvest 2 weeks later due to storms and the weed tastes like shit.

Thanks, I actually tried that already but was having a hard time maneuvring everything. I need to find my headlamp so I can have free hands to pry apart the dense flowers and search through.

Unfortunately, I already sprayed last night cause I was getting frustrated finding more poops but no bugs. Hopefully, it doesn't taste bad too cause it smells soo good.

MelloYello

I used to alternate between BT and Spinosad.
Stop using the BT with four weeks to go.
Spinosad up until the last week

orfeas

Veteran
Hey 49th, were I in your shoes I wouldn't worry much about the caterpillar you'll definitely find if inspecting thoroughly like inspecting your kid's hair for lice 🙂
Mould is what I'd be worrying stifff about...

🤞 orfeas