What's new

Weird leaves

Luckypup

Does anyone know what is going on here, about a quarter of my plants have developed this. They are outside now and have been for a month but were started in a GH in fiber pots. They had a couple of days of intense heat in GH >120 degrees F. The white powder is from a dusting. The majority of the plants are normal just half of their tips. I have a soil ph meter on order along with some lime that will get here in a couple of days.

Attachments

• DSC_0180 copy.jpg
    DSC_0180 copy.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 48
  • pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 50
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 51
  • pic3.JPG
    pic3.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 48

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It can be one of three things. Insect damage, maybe or maybe not? Get a magnifier and get a close-up of the plants and see if something is eating your plants. IF you were indoors and moved your plants outdoors without conditioning your plants and if you don't see any mites then it is sun scaled or Sun Burn.

When moving plants from indoors to outdoors, the plants have to be acclimated slowly to the Sun or the Sun will burn the hell out of your plants. Put the plants in shade and slowly introduce them to the Sun very slowly to avoid leaf burn. I have to use shade clothes to keep my outdoor plants from burning. These were indoor plants that went out and they are still having a hard time with the heat.

Lastly, you can't use fertilizer in the excess heat because you will burn the hell out of the plants from too many salts. 😎

IMG_2143.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts