What's new

Weed Wars: New show on Discovery

fukndenny

Little Stevie and his stealing. Tsk tsk. What is this show even about again? Lol.

What a crappy show.

It's essentially a low budget harborside documentary.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
^ There would be no way for the dude to steal it, if it was not free.

Otherwise the grower would be coming for his money.

lolz at not having mites, then going to work in their clone department, then all of a sudden getting mites. nice one brah. now go sell sell that organic feces infested bud on the streets.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
^ There would be no way for the dude to steal it, if it was not free.

Otherwise the grower would be coming for his money.

Just so I can play devils advocate as well, lots of fuck nuts steal from their place of employment. Those guys need WAY more work on internal controls, because the losses are not only from sample weed. With a CFO and management staff like that they have to be bleeding from countless wounds, not just the 100% free sampling by one guy ;)

:joint:

fukndenny

Also it is absolutely hysterical now if you go read the new "Yelp" reviews.

People reviewing harborside who have never even been to the store they just watched Weed Wars and gave it 5 stars, Lol.

Too much for me.

Just to play Devil's Advocate.

I run a extremely successful business, and I am high everyday at work.

Actually just got back from smoking a bowl, as I type this!:dance013:

No shit. I've had jobs who's drug testing policy was "You got drugs? we'll test 'em". I was high every day as a construction worker, pretty sure everyone else was too except the electricians thank god. Wall street is full of coke heads and that's workin' out great.

abellguy

IMHO they should have left the last one minute of the show off, no need for that type of information on a TV show.

Last edited:

Mia

As someone from a non-med state I've been trying hard to like this show or at least give these guys a fair shake, but I just cant do it, they are so goddamn unprofessional its embarrassing.

The entire staff, gm's included, run the place like its a fucking weed bar and not a medical marijuana facility everyones stoned on the job and their budtenders come off as utterly clueless when someone with a real medical condition walks in.

The only real moment in the entire show was when the bud tenders complained that the quality of the medicine they were slinging was going to shit, for which they got their asses chewed out and told if you dont tell the customers their crap meds the best stuff on earth...get the fuck out...

Cut to 10 minutes later they're lead buyer, a vicodin junky, gets caught stealing a pound of meds to supply his pill habit... but yeah I'm sure he's real concerned with buying the best meds for Harborsides clientele.... :jerkit:

This show makes Harborside look so fucking mickey mouse its not even funny...
The only worthwhile part of the episode was when the woman in the wheelchair spoke.
At least someone had a damn brain.

I thought the brother handled the sales staff fairly well actually. He is right in saying that if you can't promote the product you shouldn't be behind the counter. Sales isn't always having the best product for the best price That is why walmart has cashiers instead of sales people! As a sales person you need to paint things in their best light. Find something good to say about the products and if you can't then you won't sell it. It isn't about lying to someone, it is about highlighting the positive things. It is OK to have favorites but you have to sell what you have. I can only imagine that the customer base has only a fraction of a percent of the pot-snobery that a bud-tender has!

His team-building softball thing was also well played. It is important for employees and management to literally be on the same playing field and perform in different roles based on different skill sets. Makes everyone seem human again. I also think it was totally acceptable to be high and geeking out during the softball game... perfect time to show responsible recreational use IMHO. Most of the other teams were drinking beer I'm sure! that is how it goes by me anyways.

LOL little Stevie. Think of how many mid-20's stoners would kill to have that job? What a cluster! He will either use this as a turning point to make some life changes, or he will be regretting that move for the rest of his life. I thought Steve D handled that well. What else could he do?

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I watched this for the first time on Youtube last night. I was only able to find the first two episodes and the rest of them were spam. Youtube is becoming a mess.

So I have the discovery channel but can't find it listed. Where are they at on episodes and when is the show on tv?

Any youtube links to the show after episode 2 would be helpful. I hate when I get interested in something and have to spend so much time wading through spam to get to see the rest of it.

Steve is a great speaker, I will say that. And his goofy look is so you will remember him. He is capitalizing on looking goofy to be successful. Not the first to do that. Look at Don King.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone know if its true that this specific show is causing the crackdown in cali i know the harborside dude shut down all his sacramento affiliate clubs

lol, this show came on wayyyyy after they started the most recent crackdown on dispensaries.... im guessing the last episode of weed wars will highlight the notice by the DoJ

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
This show is showing the dispensary business magnified. They are the largest of their kind.

He is showing the attack is multi-front but all involving taxes. Soon the DOJ will be there as well. The tax system is not constitutional so that is the most effective way for the federal government to attack us. It is the best way to take them down too, starve them out.

The federal government has put MMJ at the top of their list and they are going to take it down and force us all into the black market where the DOJ can clean up the rest. We are being fucked before our very eyes and there is Nothing we can do about it.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Gee, a brand-new user shows up bashing Don Duncan and ASA with no documentation at all.

Does anyone doubt that there are LE agents on here trying to sow discord? The federal government may be bunglers, but they have certainly tried stuff like this in the past.

I do not know whether Don Duncan is Gandhi or Hearst, or something else. But when your first post is a completely unsubstantiated bash, you'll forgive those of us who don't lend it much weight, I hope.

pretty easy to use Google, i recommend it....

Mia

I thought the brother handled the sales staff fairly well actually. He is right in saying that if you can't promote the product you shouldn't be behind the counter. Sales isn't always having the best product for the best price That is why walmart has cashiers instead of sales people! As a sales person you need to paint things in their best light. Find something good to say about the products and if you can't then you won't sell it. It isn't about lying to someone, it is about highlighting the positive things. It is OK to have favorites but you have to sell what you have. I can only imagine that the customer base has only a fraction of a percent of the pot-snobery that a bud-tender has!

His team-building softball thing was also well played. It is important for employees and management to literally be on the same playing field and perform in different roles based on different skill sets. Makes everyone seem human again. I also think it was totally acceptable to be high and geeking out during the softball game... perfect time to show responsible recreational use IMHO. Most of the other teams were drinking beer I'm sure! that is how it goes by me anyways.

LOL little Stevie. Think of how many mid-20's stoners would kill to have that job? What a cluster! He will either use this as a turning point to make some life changes, or he will be regretting that move for the rest of his life. I thought Steve D handled that well. What else could he do?

Why can't we just be honest?
there's enough BS in the world as it is.
If the meds are subpar, so be it. Price it accordingly.
Maybe my standards are just higher?
I'll be the first to admit sales and marketing is not my thing.

T Loft... check out the show, they don't act like mature men. they act like a bunch of kids. One of them wears only dresses and another wears a bow-tie and has pigtails.

If the TV show is scripted, then they really need new writers. However I'm pretty sure it is scripted and rehearsed just like any other show on TV. This is a disappointment because when I watch a television show on medical marijuana I don't expect to find a show based on drama and emotion- like American Choppers (garbage). I want a show that conveys the good aspects of the medical community, and I also want to learn grow tips in the process.. wtf?

When I watch any movie or show on cannabis I expect a certain level of class, dignity, and professionalism that harborside is definitely not conveying to it's viewers. I thought this show was about marijuana and not about Harborsides debts, troubles, and backdoor drama. In the medical marijuana community we need to be conveying professionalism 100% every second of every day. One slip up and we are fucked. I think these guys need to stop the horseshit or maybe someone in real life- like feds, the FCC, or a Christian uprising (jk) - will crackdown on the marijuana community because of harborsides obvious flaws and iniquities that are being broadcasted all over North America.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Why can't we just be honest?
there's enough BS in the world as it is.
If the meds are subpar, so be it. Price it accordingly.
Maybe my standards are just higher?
I'll be the first to admit sales and marketing is not my thing.

The only real way to get rid of the BS is allow total freedom. When you or I are free to open a shop and not fear for our safety and that of our families, then recreational and medical cannabis will be distributed in any way a consumer might want. Util that day we have speakeasies, back rooms, and under ground operations.

Don't blame the player blame the US Federal government ;)

:joint:

I wonder if the Grower got Spider mites before he started working there? or after? It would be hilarious if the mites hitched a ride on his clothing and contaminated thousands of clones at the dispensary. Also, this means that Harborsides cuttings are contaminated with mites before you even purchase the fuckers. Good products? And they will charge double or triple prices. Con artists.

Latest posts

Latest posts