What's new

Weed Wars: New show on Discovery

Some of the people posting in this thread really don't have a clue. Gotta roll up my pants cuz the ignorance is getting deep. Every person on the show is a front for the people that own the place. Do a search for Don Duncan Harborside and see what you find.

Don Duncan is the enemy of every patient, cultivator, and collective owner or employee out there. Doing some research shows how he bribes his way into L.A. City council meetings so he can push his agenda of monopoly.
I am surprised that more people aren't talking about Don Duncan on the various web forums.

PondRacer

Yeah, what I meant was that the show slants it to make it look like the dispensary is really all about money, even though the message that the people who work there and own it are TRYING to get out is one of compassion. I side with the compassion message, not the all about money side.

It does suck that the feds have all kinds of ways to fuck with medical marijuana in any way they can.. which makes me wonder do they even recognize that the pendulum has swung the other way? They may have, but they refuse to accept reality because there's just too much money in making these kinds of busts.

I'd really like to see the dispensary in a more positive light. The second episode didn't quite do it for me, except for that kid who was seizure-free for 4 days.

Yeah, what I meant was that the show slants it to make it look like the dispensary is really all about money, even though the message that the people who work there and own it are TRYING to get out is one of compassion. I side with the compassion message, not the all about money side.

It does suck that the feds have all kinds of ways to fuck with medical marijuana in any way they can.. which makes me wonder do they even recognize that the pendulum has swung the other way? They may have, but they refuse to accept reality because there's just too much money in making these kinds of busts.

I'd really like to see the dispensary in a more positive light. The second episode didn't quite do it for me, except for that kid who was seizure-free for 4 days.

I dont see it this way at all. I dont feel like they have portrayed a money or greed image whatsoever. I actually think they are showing a pro-medical marijuana image, i just think that overall the show wont have much of an impact because not that many people who are against mmj are going to watch it. people who are pro mmj watch it.

Herborizer

Veteran
i just think that overall the show wont have much of an impact because not that many people who are against mmj are going to watch it. people who are pro mmj watch it.

Yep, that's true. I would bet that the majority of the population is actually in the middle of those polar opposites though. Even for MMJ states and ones with decriminalization, it doesn't matter how these people have voted in the past, I bet a lot of the people who voted for and/or against Legalization/Decriminalization are really somewhere in the middle.

Whats great about this show in my opinion, is that it will get people talking. It's about the buzz. More people will be thinking and talking about Cannabis. This is what we need. Normalization. This is because we all already know it a benign plant that doesn't cause any harm on it's own. This is the key to the problem, most people don't know that.

The more and more people talking, discussing, debating, etc the better! Eventually the truth gets out if people are talking. That's the way I see it at least.

grapeman

Veteran
clearly you have a small mind. Really lacking depth.

i think its pretty much agreed by the majority that they should not be "medicating" while on the job, and at any point they can. Yeah, that's a goof up on their behalf...

BUT, you need to think deeper about what these guys are truly doing, and that is what somebody else just mentioned, they are DESENSITIZING the public... not only are they desensitizing, but they are EDUCATING the public. These guys are sacrificing EVERYTHING by exposing the extreme potential, and the positivity of marijuana with complete disregard for their freedom. Yeah sure there is money to be made, but HELL, these guys would NOT be able to get their word out to the people if it weren't for the money they generate.... for a bunch of "misfits," they sure are doing a lot more to help society then most of you "down on life" fools who post here...

furthermore susan,

the money they generate can be viewed as something else = ACCEPTANCE.... each dollar can represent a vote... a vote that represents the acceptance of the people. These D'Angelo guys are pretty much showing the American people that there are MANY Americans who risk their freedom by registering for a medical marijuana card and buying marijuana from a dispensary.

I praise the D'Angelos actually. You guys who are bitching about their poor business skills, and pretty much just bitching just to bitch because you are most likely a bitch...yeah..say that ten times fast bitches....

by agreeing to film themselves, these guys decided to etch a HUGE spot in the history books of marijuana, and perhaps the history of the USA. You need to look beyond the money, the goofy personalities, and the goofy people to see what this show REALLY represents and the real impact it is having/will have on our society......

mark my words: this show WILL have a profound impact on the marijuana industry.......only time will tell...

:ying:

It's all about the money.

P

powerrobbie

That guy Jon is a fucking dumbass camera whore who seems very full of himself. I did actually enjoy the second show though. Very nice to see cannabis helping that kid.

G

Ganja D

I've been pretty judgmental on these guys. But,after meeting some of them and speaking and smoking with them I truly believe they have good intentions. I was impressed,and I think they were too.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just watched the first part last night,overall i enjoyed it,but holy crap that guy taryn is a slow ass trimmer!

P

powerrobbie

I just dont understand why anyone would show their face, their grow and where and for how much they sell their meds too. He even shows how gets into the grow up that ladder. All some of the Oak town gangsta's need to do is follow that dumbass home and they know exactly where it is and if he keeps showing off his grow and talking about it they can probably even figure out when roughly the harvest date is and then boom, home invasion. I do think that second show will do good for the movement, will all the disabled kids but I think that may even piss the feds off more, seeing how easy those kids can get medical cannabis, but I really hope it opens the feds eyes to how much this plant does help people and not have the opposite effect.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
I just dont understand why anyone would show their face, their grow and where and for how much they sell their meds too. He even shows how gets into the grow up that ladder. All some of the Oak town gangsta's need to do is follow that dumbass home and they know exactly where it is and if he keeps showing off his grow and talking about it they can probably even figure out when roughly the harvest date is and then boom, home invasion. I do think that second show will do good for the movement, will all the disabled kids but I think that may even piss the feds off more, seeing how easy those kids can get medical cannabis, but I really hope it opens the feds eyes to how much this plant does help people and not have the opposite effect.

You really think he's going to let them incriminate him like that? At least the video editors are good enough to fool you to thinking that this is reality...

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love the show, been downloading a good quality version to watch rather than the streams available and have really enjoyed it.
I hope it gets aired on a UK network so people over here can be educated, as things stand i would be surprised if even 1 in 100 people know the scene exists in America.
Peace

Ramius

Veteran
Love the show, been downloading a good quality version to watch rather than the streams available and have really enjoyed it.
I hope it gets aired on a UK network so people over here can be educated, as things stand i would be surprised if even 1 in 100 people know the scene exists in America.
Peace

I think a fair few people will have seen the BBC doc, Cannabis: What's the Harm? when it was shown early this year. They visited the med scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sfb5nLPKUCQ#t=336s

When the guy was sitting around the table ordering food for delivery from his iPad and then complaining about how is margin is very close it was like come on and here I am freaking out cause McDonald's doesn't have 1$ double cheeseburgers anymore they replaced them with the McDouble :comfort:

ahahahhaha i thought i was the only one that noticed....

cut backs are everywhere.... i cant blame McDonalds... they do good to me.

me and ronny go way back.

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
cheeseburger with grilled cheese sandwiches as the buns? *insert stoner laugh here* yeah I'll take two.

(I am actually gonna make that one of these days when I'm baked out of my gourd)

G

guest8905

I was at the Emerald cup this weekend and there were all the people from weed wars there. I saw everyone except Steve.

Even saw Jon the growers, he was rolling around with a big bag i think it had a few jars in it lol and had a bunch of peeps following lol.

WeedWars!!!!!!

AWAKE

This show is quite humorous.

Who really lets mites get that bad?

Cough, cough, newbie, cough cough.