What's new

weed in uk 1990 91 ish

TheBudFather

I think 91 is a bit early for me... around 95 we were getting supposedly 'white widow' limeish green with acidic sharp smell... it was the only weed that scared me to smoke, I knew 2 tokes was going to slam my brain :O) this bud made all my clothes, hair, breath stink all day long... Ive grown out many many packs of ww since, from all breeders, black widow also.... & we've found nothing even similar... :O(

G

Guest322028

Blame it on the rain ain ain...

Blame it on the rain ain ain...

Wut was your favorite milli vanilla song homie? Do you still listen to them often?

mime-milli-vanilli-431x300.jpg

mr.brunch

Veteran
This thread is taking me back to those 'rave' days. Pretty much all the homegrown around was from sensi seedbank gear.

If you also want to try shiva skunk, its on sann1es, he describes it as sweet citrus cream & Lemon Ice cream power. :biggrin:

see, based on old reports i was thinking shiva skunk but the bad reports on sensi of late have put me off that trail....sensi aint cheap, and if they are nowt like they used to be there is no point.
was not aware that sann1es offered this.

on a side note, shame sensi has no forum on here to answer the questions we have regarding therir strains

Last edited:

Lung.Butter

yeah the last few strains i had from sensi turned out to be pretty poor.
I'm always on the lookout though for f2's of their gear, seems to be some old gems scattered around europe.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i have not... but was always lead to believe that his skunk was sweet
where is the best source for these seeds?

i wouldnt say sweet for skunk #1, though their must have been so many of them, slightly astringent, sometimes grape more than wine but in that realm..

they gave them away for years through the boo and bay because sam had made millions(it seemed like) outdoors i think to share,,

he did the same thing again recently i think that were mixed up by accident so you could just pm clarence and he can tell you if they have any and i bet if you offer £20-30 you could get a fair few..

or cannabiogen still have some of the hindu kush x skunk #1 made by samS (cultivators choice) http://cannabiogen.com/h.php?q=vProd&cid=3&lang=En

seems thats all thats left of the crosses he did for sale though,, sk1 x leb, sk1 x hk and i forget what the other was.. maybe the haze one,, thats what they were back in the day sk#1 x original haze,, i must have 80 odd of the free ones still in the fridge,, good shit but dazey..

flying dutchmens skunks are subpar btw..

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got mine as a freebie with my seed boutique order

peace
hiya, i second that just got a pack of sams skunk1x og haze free with my sweetooth3 order, any one know how long bloom period for the skunk haze? peace and safe growing s2

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
In 91, 92 some friends from Hounslow/Tottenham were bringing in Soaps, one of them was a read weed lover, and luckily they were buying from Holland as well as S. Spain. One day, one of them I will call Mr Weed Lover, showed me some strange green nuggets ...... :)

Fuck, the first ounces we got ended up being fought over like the last Smack in town, my buddy "A" stashed our Xmas ounce in his brothers loft as "he does not smoke" ... but when he came home late pissed from his works Xmas drinks with a load of his buddies from the airport [Thiefrow Baggage "Handlers"] ... he suddenly remembered he did "have some smoke stashed" .. .somehow they managed to cane 1/4 with no fatalities... He still gets shit to this day about opening that bag. Justifiably so IMO.. ;)

Anyway, Mr Weed Lover and friends realised that although they could not do the numbers or make the same % as Soap, the love for the product and enthusiasm of the few won out. I still remember a friend giving me SHIT over the price of £120/OZ Skunk, what I call "Coffee Shop Quality" ... Mature, Dry, Trimmed clean, Potent bud. Eventually a whole K arrived with just a weeks bail, a half went to a FoaF, "T" who I did not then know. I bumped into "T" 4 months later and it turned out he had found 2 seeds and started growing them under Flouros. I had already got on the growing tip and took him over to Sunlight Systems, London's first growshop in Stratford to get a 400W HPS. At the same time my first growing buddy had gone to 'Dam to get seeds, a disaster, so we ended up growing regenerated stumps kindly donated by "T"

This we grew for a couple of years and passed out far and wide, or as far and wide as you could in those days... Not so many people growing then. A nice Skunky plant/smoke, very fast, pretty productive, fuckwit proof, a NL commercial Skunk plant I guess. I also ran and passed out a Sensi Super Skunk, she looked exactly like the Sensi catalogue photo, my friend "P" gave me a "Swazi" we had throughout the 90's, one of my fave strains ever, really fast, "P" managed over a K/M2 with 81 plants per meter, the most impressive grower I was lucky enough to meet. The Swazi got crossed to an Afghani and that got let loose too, early on, all West London area, plus friends in Brighton, Islington/Stoke Newington and Huntingdon.

/Ramble ... ;)

2hi2soon

In 91, 92 some friends from Hounslow/Tottenham were bringing in Soaps, one of them was a read weed lover, and luckily they were buying from Holland as well as S. Spain. One day, one of them I will call Mr Weed Lover, showed me some strange green nuggets ...... :)

Fuck, the first ounces we got ended up being fought over like the last Smack in town, my buddy "A" stashed our Xmas ounce in his brothers loft as "he does not smoke" ... but when he came home late pissed from his works Xmas drinks with a load of his buddies from the airport [Thiefrow Baggage "Handlers"] ... he suddenly remembered he did "have some smoke stashed" .. .somehow they managed to cane 1/4 with no fatalities... He still gets shit to this day about opening that bag. Justifiably so IMO.. ;)

Anyway, Mr Weed Lover and friends realised that although they could not do the numbers or make the same % as Soap, the love for the product and enthusiasm of the few won out. I still remember a friend giving me SHIT over the price of £120/OZ Skunk, what I call "Coffee Shop Quality" ... Mature, Dry, Trimmed clean, Potent bud. Eventually a whole K arrived with just a weeks bail, a half went to a FoaF, "T" who I did not then know. I bumped into "T" 4 months later and it turned out he had found 2 seeds and started growing them under Flouros. I had already got on the growing tip and took him over to Sunlight Systems, London's first growshop in Stratford to get a 400W HPS. At the same time my first growing buddy had gone to 'Dam to get seeds, a disaster, so we ended up growing regenerated stumps kindly donated by "T"

This we grew for a couple of years and passed out far and wide, or as far and wide as you could in those days... Not so many people growing then. A nice Skunky plant/smoke, very fast, pretty productive, fuckwit proof, a NL commercial Skunk plant I guess. I also ran and passed out a Sensi Super Skunk, she looked exactly like the Sensi catalogue photo, my friend "P" gave me a "Swazi" we had throughout the 90's, one of my fave strains ever, really fast, "P" managed over a K/M2 with 81 plants per meter, the most impressive grower I was lucky enough to meet. The Swazi got crossed to an Afghani and that got let loose too, early on, all West London area, plus friends in Brighton, Islington/Stoke Newington and Huntingdon.

/Ramble ... ;)

Sunlight Systems :)

their 'chinaman's hats' for light shades.

their powdered hydro mix A+B that looked like washing powder.

their dogy 'retail outlet' on burnmoor street.

their lamps/ballasts that used to spontaneously combust, burning people's houses down.

their alleged involvement with plod, supposedly realeasing all their customer records as a result of a bust and their labels all over the confiscated kit.

their subsequent demise as a result of the above as everyone was too para to go there anymore.

ah those were the days...

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Yes, my mate brought a Chinaman's hat on tht first visit ! From reading Ed R and Jorge C's books we already knew Vertical shades threw a shit light pattern, all in the center, buggerall really outside a too hot circle. It was all they had in stock, soon ended up getting very dusty in a loft somewhere.

The A + B mix was actually pretty good for Veg, it worked well, super cheap too, I actually contacted Nutriculture recently to try and get more [for my other non MJ plants in coco] Again, from the books we knew we needed a low N, high P,K Flower food, so when other shops started up we ended up finding a 1 part powder mix, white tubs, green/yellow label, American IIRC, name escapes me, fuck did that shit buffer the pH perfectly though, idiot proof...

I never went to Burnmoor St, what a funny name, it was the Stratford, East London one I went to, sketchy as FCUK, nobody knew if the Plod were going to follow and bust everybody and shut down the scene before it even started.

I never managed to burn anybodys house down with a Sunlight Systems light, more of a flood man myself anyway, but the cheap lights put out a year or two later by the hippie in the squat in Bavent Rd Camberwell always seemed more likely to kill people or burn stuff down. Always a good idea to open up his boxes and rewire, a bit like the shades Hortitec sell to most of Spain right now.

As I was chasing Bloom nutes and cheaper ballasts, I only ever went to Sunlight Systems a couple of times after, so missed all the fun and games. Did anybody grow their "Fishbait No1/2/3" .... they made some seeds and floggged them as hemp Fishing bait, meant to be shit and Hermie, but it was probably the first UK seedbank.