What's new

Weatherboxes all organic indoor/outdoor grow 09

Hello all. The time has come for me to start my first grow diary. I am looking forward to a very successful grow this year. All of your input is greatly appreciated. I will explain the indoor grow first.

Indoor setup:
1. 400w mh/hps yieldmaster II hood with digital ballast
2. 4 inch can fan exhaust running from the hood out the top of my box
3. 1 x oscillating fan
4. 2 x 4 inch passive intakes
5. Fox farm ocean forest soil
6. Tea mixture/nutes soon to come
The box's temp fluctuates between 70-80 degrees fahrenheit. Currently I am vegetating one fem purple lady (g13) and one fem white rhino (greenhouse seed co) on an 18/6 light schedule. I will eventually be scrog-ing both plants at 12 inches.

Outdoor setup:
Basically my outdoor plant is my guinea pig. It was a random bag seed that I really could have cared less about but I've slowly grown attached to it. I've practiced fimming and trimming this plant just to get my bearings. I also am getting a feel for watering schedules and the amount of nutes to use, etc. The soil is some home depot organic tomato potting soil with organic blood meal, kelp, worm castings, perlite, and eb farms organic fertz with microrhizae and other beneficial bacteria mixed into it. Ill basically try things on this plant before I try them on my indoor plants. Some of the leaf tips are bending down and there are very very small yellow spots. I'm guessing that the blood meal might have been too hot?

I am sure I forgot to explain everything I originally wanted to so I'll throw some info about my grows as time goes on. Expect more updates soon! Thanks. :joint:

PIX~

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 12
  • indoor1.jpg
    indoor1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 12
  • indoor2.jpg
    indoor2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 11
  • outdoor1.jpg
    outdoor1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 13
No love?? Come on people now!! This is my first grow ever and I would love your help.

Under the 400wMH:
The PL is looking funny today. There are brown spots on top of some of the lower leaves as well as the tips of the true leaves. Could this be nutrient burn or a nutrient deficiency? She is also looking a bit droopy today and the lights just now went back on for another 18hrs.
The WR leaves are wide as hell and looking healthy as can be.
I just transplanted them both into 3 gallon pots yesterday with 80% fox farms ocean forest, 20% worm castings, 1tbs organic starter fertz, and 1/2tbs blood meal.
Both plants are only 3-4 inches tall.

Under the sun:
The outdoor rando-bagseed is growin' strong.

Here are pics of the two week update anyways: (1&2 White Rhino, 3 Purple Lady, 4 rando bagseed)

Attachments

• P1020284.jpg
    P1020284.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 15
  • P1020285.jpg
    P1020285.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 12
  • P1020296.jpg
    P1020296.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P1020281.jpg
    P1020281.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 12

dkmonk

1 tbsp w/ your next plain r/o watering should do the trick for the cal/mag deficiency, and just add the tbsp (tablespoon) of epson to every gallon you water w/ and that should do the trick.

Thats what i used atleast.

Everything is looking good, add some more plants outdoors you wont regret it, if you want to get w/ me through pm's i might be able to help out in that department. Oh wait you need 50 posts well get the post count up and we can talk about things more privately.

I would try topping and lst'ing aka tying down your plants or atleast one to see how yah like it. That is mainly how i grow and it makes for some hefty branches.

Good Growing I will keep in touch through this thread.

I am definitely LST-ing and SCROG-ing the indoor plants. As far as the outdoor plant goes I was just going to allow it to run its natural course with the exception of some fimming/topping. Do you mean 1 tbsp of "epson salt" on top of the cal/mag? Ill def be hitting you up once i reach the required amount of posts for pm's. Thanks.
PS: The reason Im growing that random bag seed outdoors is because I wont be too dissapointed if it is stolen. I live in a surburban nightmare and I wouldnt be suprised if its stolen around flowering time.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
Hey!

Hey!

Nice set up Weatherboxes! Looks like ya done yer homework on everything. With all the criteria met, it should be smooth sailing...... The best advice I can offer is to keep it simple. Growing with organics is a big step in the right direction for that...... I don't mean to offend ya dkmonk, but I wouldn't do anything to correct these plants. They're ok. They were jus transplanted, and should have everything they need in the soil. Watch, these lil girls are gonna explode with growth! That soil with the extra amendments in it should feed them for quite awhile too..... Anyway, I'll check in on ya from time ta time Weatherboxes. Ha, I don't think yul need it, but good luck! BC

dkmonk

None offense taken, you seem to have more experience just by your join date, I must of not of read carefully enough about the amendments. I forget not everyone grows in a soil less mix like me lol.

I know how yah feel about the suburban area, had 3 nice plants stolen last year, this year picked me out a good spot in the woods lol.

If your already adding cal/mag thats enough i didnt think you were yet, I was saying use epsom if you weren't already doing cal/mag, but you are so I think you got everything down for now.

I see some nice harvests coming your way

None offense taken, you seem to have more experience just by your join date, I must of not of read carefully enough about the amendments. I forget not everyone grows in a soil less mix like me lol.

I know how yah feel about the suburban area, had 3 nice plants stolen last year, this year picked me out a good spot in the woods lol.

If your already adding cal/mag thats enough i didnt think you were yet, I was saying use epsom if you weren't already doing cal/mag, but you are so I think you got everything down for now.

I see some nice harvests coming your way

I have not added the cal mag nor epson yet.. I am going to the hydro store to pick some cal mag today however so I can continue to use RO water. Thanks brothas!

1 tbsp of cal/mag was added to both of the indoor plants today. i added 2 tbsp to the outdoor plant because of its size. we'll see how it works? thanks again guys. hopefully it was just the RO filter stripping the calcium and magnesium out of my water.

here are some updated pics that were taken a little less than a week ago when i topped both for the first time. the plants have been lst'd recently more pics coming soon.

The wide leaves = white rhino
The thin leaves = purple lady; a very sensitive plant

Attachments

• lol1.jpg
    lol1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
  • lol2.jpg
    lol2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 12
  • lol3.jpg
    lol3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 12
  • lol4.jpg
    lol4.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 12
That cab is lookin mighty fine. Can't wait to see what it can do :lurk:

How long are you planning on vegging?

probably for another month or so.. im going to be placing my screen above the plants soon so as soon as thats filled about 50% ill start flowering. i can't wait man!! haha

Ok so I LST'd the white rhino and the purple lady a week and one day ago. They are getting mighty bOOOshy. Today I topped two of the new growths on each bush right after I took these pictures. I am thinking about topping two more tomorrow and so on to reduce the stress factor. What do you guys think? Should I top less often or does that seem ok? I also ran to the hydro store and picked up some goodies to feed my ladies with. The two thai super skunks are in the middle of the first picture. Neither has sprouted yet. They will eventually be moved outdoors. Come now people! I need more support! </3 :1help:

EDIT: P.S. I plan on doing a SCROG only to increase yield and keep the plants lower during flowering do you all think its worth it on top of LST?
Thanks for droppin' by.

Attachments

• dos.jpg
    dos.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 11
  • day51
    day51
    66.4 KB · Views: 17
  • wr.jpg
    wr.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 12
  • guds.jpg
    guds.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 11
so far so good

so far so good

here is another one week update. these pics are with the lights on for a change. i have yet to install my screen for scrog. i expect to have that done within the week. i also picked up a bottle of blackstrap organic molasses and gave them their first feeding of that two days ago. they seem to be loving it. i have been pruning only dead and unhealthy looking leaves and some very low growth to allow more fresh air under the canopy... nothing too dramatic. everything seems lush and green. the very light green tips on the purple lady are normal during early growth. they resume a darker forest green as they grow larger. i did notice a cracked leaf on the purple lady that seems to be getting worse can you spot it? i hope its nothing to be worried about. both thai super skunk seedlings are growing steadily now. i will also be receiving 1 or 2 free northern lights clones to add to this grow soon. please let me know what you all think!?

picture order: 1. white rhino 2. both 3. purple lady 4. thai ss seedlings
wr1.jpg

dos1.jpg

pl1.jpg

tss.jpg

MASHUP

Hey dude, this box of yours is pretty clean and is going to work out great! Plant manipulation is definitely the way to go for increased yields. LST into ScrOG is perfectly fine.

That White Rhino is pretty awesome stuff, hopefully you'll have a good pheno.

Keep it green. :joint:

BigGreen

Veteran
Them are looking great. One thing that will speed up your veg big time is running 20 hrs of light Ive done 18 20 and 24 hrs of light and 20 hrs is the sweet spot it grows even faster than 24 hrs. I also top em at about 10 inchs. They look like there about ready for the screen. Good luck

mashup! thanks for stoppin' by man. yeah i spent a lot of time and the money i could muster on this little homemade shindig. as far as the white rhino pheno goes i think it looks very indica as it should be. check out the leaves they are wide as hell imo.

biggreen, do you think it would hurt them going from 18/6 to 20/4? this is an interesting vegetative time i might do this. ill def be browsing through your grows.