What's new

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

growlegal

Veteran
Forgiveness isn’t a tenet of the social justice crowd.
They won’t get over our disobedience...
At least Not before they have their vengeance on the small business people and working class.
They will show us what happens to those who choose to disobey their arbitrary mandates.

(Gunshot wounds and jail cells)
And again he plays the "VICTIM CARD"

'Boogieman'

Oh shit what an argument hh.
No wonder I have u on ignore

(ur not essential unless the govt says u are.)
Really astute reasoning...
I would say there are millions of out of work working class (read poor) people who would beg to differ...
The government doesn’t have a right to arbitrarily deem some people essential and other people disposable.
Every persons job is essential for their own survival.
It’s not like the govt has done anything to help..
$1200 bucks for 9 months
(Y’all can feed and house a family on $4.50 a day can’t u?)

He takes issue with me working for family. He has no idea what I have done in life to earn that position and I don't really care.

Gry

Veteran
Infection rates have not been higher.
Death rates rising at 917 per million.
Tis the season : N95 NIOSH with
a choice of holly sprigs, or mistletoe.

St. Phatty

103 deaths per million for India

37 for Pakistan.

They are leaving Covid 19 in the rear view - but the US wants to sell some more Remdesivir.

h.h.

Veteran
He takes issue with me working for family. He has no idea what I have done in life to earn that position and I don't really care.

Plumbing isn’t essential? Don’t get all huffed up.

What’s closing down? Restaurants, bars, theaters, Disneyland? Can’t go to a ball game? The world isn’t stopping over it. That’s just money spinning around.

Cannavore

Veteran
Senators Bernie Sanders (I) & Josh Hawley (R) teaming up for stimulus check legislation.

[youtubeif]2jEmlr6c6-8[/youtubeif]

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
There are hundreds of peer reviewed articles on mask wearing and they all show they do more harm than good, if you don't believe them then you are anti-science.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
There are hundreds of peer reviewed articles on mask wearing and they all show they do more harm than good, if you don't believe them then you are anti-science.
Let's see those hundreds of studies. The evidence is that wearing a mask reduces the spread of Covid. Might not stop you catching it, but will likely help prevent you spreading it.

"The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces the transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected droplets in both laboratory and clinical contexts. Public mask wearing is most effective at stopping spread of the virus when compliance is high. The decreased transmissibility could substantially reduce the death toll and economic impact while the cost of the intervention is low. Thus we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies. We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread
face masks in public, including the use of appropriate regulation.
"
https://files.fast.ai/papers/masks_lit_review.pdf

https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/what-to-know/masks/wearing-mask

LNG

Honestly, its not that hard to limit the amount of people you see.
Doesn't mean you have to be fully isolated from the world inside your home.

We are a group of about 20 friends, we all live miles apart. Some of us are key workers and some of us were on furlough.
Our year wasn't the worst (thankfully) but we were sensible and took consideration that we have covid around us.
As a group we did several motorcycle trackdays this year - following social distancing guidelines.
Small part of the group (including me) went holiday to Germany on our motorcycles (its easy to not be in contact with anyone when you are basically in leather hasmat suit with plastic bubble on your head).
We worked on our fitness and did lots of running cycling and bodyweight exercises as well as yoga and some of us learned even dancing :)
I got most even natural tan in 10 years!
Some were able to get new jobs. Some moved house or purchased a property.

We have few very high risk people in our group.
We religiously wore masks, washed our hands and used handsantisires, as well as not hugging people, not shaking hands and doing shopping online or at not busy times
Everyone one of us self isolated in case if we thought we had symptoms or been in touch with anyone who had covid.

We supported each other with help of internet, made sure we have somewhat decent circadian rhythm and that we don't drop the ball when it comes to self care. We all become closer friends than we have ever been.

And all of us are so far so good...

h.h.

Veteran

Thinking about this. If I had a customer concerned about masks and you walked into their house with a half ass bandanna, not giving a shit about them or my business, I’d fire your ass where maybe daddy wouldn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts