What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

weak strain for decreased tolerance pleez?

H

herbie5000

hi

i am going to amsterdam in a couple of weeks. i was a daily smoker for 20+ years but have taken a break lately (i was in mental hospital for a while - i'm bipolar, it's a long story but...) and these days when i smoke i get real stoned, with paranoia creeping in etc.

however, i want to get good and wasted in the dam and i wondered whether people could recommend some strains that might ease me in again. my tolerance has gone right down and i would like to be able to puff my way back to full strength (i'll be there for 5 days)

i would like some suggestions for less potent strains that could help me build my tolerance without shattering my brain with instant head-fuck.

any suggestions for milder strains much appreciated. thank you!

B

British_Bulldog

herbie, just smoke less of the good stuff.

You'll build up again, but 5 days isn't enough really.

Just take it easy and enjoy the quality.

Peace

T

thechurchman

I'd go for Dutch Passions Khola, very nice but not too trippy

Kenny Lingus

Listen to the guys up over me!

Listen to the guys up over me!

Most shops have ok thai and jamaican (outdoor/import menu)

These are warm and gentle herbs that you can smoke all day without collapsing into sleep. (You may get pretty high though if smoking 5grammes throughout the day)

PS! With or without mental issues I'd actually be more careful when smoking in Adam because it may trigger stress for some people. Getting to baked in strangers presence and all. (New surroundings, narrow and intertwining, bent streets, canals and bridges in any direction, plus tiny dark straits and lots of lots of geared up brit-kids roaming around hollering for hookers.)

Find some place nice and chill where you can hang out and feel comfortable. (A spot in vondelpark or westerpark for pik-nik with good friends is always nice, or even take the train to Harleem or Rotterdam/Den Haag to sample the more laidback and more true dutch culture.

And the best tip so far will be to take 1-2 tokes at a time and wait a few minutes to just feel the sensation settleing in your head or body. (After a few double puffs you should be able to just wait 10-15-30mins to see if it is a creeping stone with lots of possible mental drive or not.

Last edited:
H

herbie5000

thanks everyone. turns out my fears were ungrounded - i arrived and dived straight in and was smoking full-time with no probs whatsoever! protected by the benevolent herb - my fears were caused by a stressful time of smokeless paranoia! thanks everyone for their advice. (i'm off back to adam next week!)

Kenny Lingus

Awesome that all was cool Herbie!!!

There you see, a lot of the issues and troubles around cannabis HAS TO be founded in its illegal/criminalized status. (Not enough possibilities to indulge in it for everyone in need IMO.)

Tokermon

i'm on my way today and now have this worry too. i have legal issues on my mind and don't want to get feelings of guilt or paranoia and ruin the trip, think i'll drink a few beers before i dive in which will numb negative thoughts.

B

British_Bulldog

Way to go Herb, enjoy your next trip too :D

PS. I recommend visiting some other towns in NL for better quality/lower prices

Peace

C

cellardweller

herbie5000 said:
cheers rickutr. orange bud shall be my first port of call.
I got a pm from this guy, Rickutr. No message, no member,,wtf,,:confused: