What's new

We are charging ahead in oregon....

JARofHERB

No wonder all of my seed orders have been absolutely safe..now I know why we have had so much dank here in Oregon, since my father was my age this seed law has been in effect since 1972 as well as the decrim of less than an Oz of buds!

G

:joint: An ounce? Gonna have to research personal use vs med use again. But not to rain on your parade but dank is plentiful everywhere thanks to the many successful grows. We've never had any problems with receiving seeds or clones with our equipment as long as orders are reasonable and not bringing attention to a huge greedy commercial grow op. Pride in your state and progress are commendable.

Kudos for the attempts, any gain is good. Unfortunately other states have more lenient laws, for instance in Ohio we can have 100 grams.

Just a shame med states haven't progressed on personal use but everything is a move inthe right direction for the cause, I guess. Med States should have more laws in line with voters' beliefs.

Now if LEO and politicians would actually act like they are enforcing the public wishes. Here's a bowl to the day the Gestpao and Fourth Riech are forced to stop persecution of a harmless houseplant.

Peace.

Last edited:

talktosamson

Veteran
good work jar, me and my smokin buddies were just talking about how sweet it is to live in a place like oregon, even more fortunate, I live in a college town so they really dont care about us pot heads :D

G

ohio is the state to be with decrim'ed small growing with only tickets for first time offenders within the limits.

G

No real gains for the patients in my opinion.

---oregon cardholder.

Storm Crow

Veteran
Heads Up, Oregon!

Heads Up, Oregon!

I was checking out another cannabis site that had an article about a Mr. Beers in Oregon, who is fighting his charge of driving under the influence when in fact all he had were seeds in his possession. He is basing his case on the fact that seeds are not mentioned in the law. I think I have found an even bigger hole in that same Oregon law. Well, this other site quoted the Oregon law as follows " Any person who knowingly or intentionally is in unlawful possession of less than one advoirdupois ounce of the dried leaves, stems and flowers of the plant Cannabis FAMILY MORACEAE (emphasis mine) is guilty of a violation....." Now checking on www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?8862 , a USDA site, I find that cannabis is actually in the family Cannabaceae, not Moraceae! Then I checked www.leda.lycaeum.org They too had it listed as Cannabaceae. It seems to me that the Oregon law has a huge flaw. There is no such plant as "Cannabis family Moraceae"! The law is legislating against a non-existant plant. I think they will have to rewrite the law and possibly overturn the cases of all of those who were convicted under this flawed law. The judiciary is very picky when it comes to errors in the wording of the law and this is a big error! OK, Oregon, it's up to you to get something done. I'm in another state, so I can't do much. Could someone pass this info along to Mr. Cameron Beers in Pendleton? This taxonomy error is even bigger than the leaving out of the word "seeds" in the Oregon law! Happy New Year and Good Luck, Oregon!

JARofHERB

Storm Crow,Nice find indeed.... I was also thinking about that as well, as it seems very flawed. Im going to send an email to Oregon NORML's legal team, thanks for the good work..

G

Storm Crow,
You are correct in your family names. Do a google search for "Oregon State University Herbarium" and their will be a link for the Oregon Plant Vascular Database. Look under both families. The guy who runs the herbarium and database is a world-reknown expert on plant systematics and I highly doubt a court could disprove him...

JARofHERB

So since seeds are legal here in Oregon, Ive been contemplating an Idea of opening a small seed shop here in my town. Would it be a feasable idea? I mean the state couldnt do anything, but would the feds be up in my ass faster than i could imagine? I have about 10K in savings, and a nice little spot for lease here in town is going for 800 a month. Im seriously considering doing it...

G

wait but they busted all those glass blowers in eugene (jerome baker) ?? but seeds are ok?

JARofHERB

Yep.. Its a crazy thing they got going on here with the laws. I have not heard about the jerome baker thing?( He is for sure top notch with his super sick glass pieces indeed!)But I know that im my area alot of the head shops are super strict now, if a customer even mentions herb while he is browsing the glass pieces, he will be asked to leave. So im thinking since that stupid ass operations pipe dreams thing a few years back, they have to be real carful. Especialy since here in our state pariphinilla charges are worse that getting busted for having the great herb itself..Anyways yep, aparently seeds are completly legal here, after this happend a few weeks ago http://www.mapinc.org/norml/v05/n2026/a03.htm?134, the clause was found in the state law..