What's new

Way Back Machine 2 the Future: Old Defunct Board Archives:

justpassnthru

Veteran
Amazing what you can find on the net. There is a site called Archives dot org and you can find your old posts from Boards that went down. Except some that didn't shut down by choice, I guess?

The following is an example, I've removed plenty of text(etc...), this is just an example of what remains, permanently: In Acrhivesdotorg.

OldMac
April 6th, 2011, 01:40 AM

I had mentioned on a couple of other threads that I use additional lights with my main grow lihts to achieve certian results, especially during flowering. I'm going to try and explain some of these and why they work. But I promise to give you simple methods that are applicable to mj growing.

In this post I will try to explain the use of Far Red supplement light.

text removed by me, poster on IC

OM [I guess I can't attach the paper...it looked like it uploaded it but I get "The extension pdf is not allowed"]

WeeZard
April 6th, 2011, 05:30 AM

Might try converting..............;ll look it up for ya. etc...
Excellent explanation of Far red application! :greetings-clapyellow:
Mahalo!

Aloha,
Weeze

RainHaze
April 6th, 2011, 08:24 AM

I got both the txt and the pdf file extension's to work. :happy-partydance:

When you click on the link, it goes to the recipients harddrive for access.

So far we have;
Mp3
txt
Pdf

I will keep searching to see if we can get the files to appear on the board, instead of the harddrives.
etc..
I downloaded "Crack Pie" recipe as a txt.
And Windows7 for dummies as Pdf. (..only pdf I could find. ...no offence OM) :laughing-rolling:

OldMac
April 6th, 2011, 11:42 AM

WeeZard, I'll see what I can ....etc

RainRaze, I downloaded the Win 7 etc...

Thanks guys, I'll try to prevail.

OM[attachment=0:2ovwsglg]End of day lighting with dif red far red ratios.pdf[/attachment:2ovwsglg]

Wait a minute, I think it went thru and inserted! :handgestures-thumbup: etc..
Just tried it for shits and giggles etc...

Emilya
April 6th, 2011, 03:24 PM

I love the explanation and the white paper! Thank you OM, you are a gem... a very old one. :) :character-oldtimer: :happy-jumpgreen:

OldMac
April 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM

:text-thankyouyellow:

"I'm just an old chunk of coal, but I'm going to be a diamond one day" -Billy Joe Shaver

Next up will be UVb and with it "Blue LIght" effect.

OM
Now I find the "boardreader" site to 'search' posts, quotes, etc. And here I was using Google for that, no wonder I had so much trouble finding things.

Any others? :booked:jpt
edit:probably should have put this in the Old Stoners Crash Pad since, kids are born with a smart phone in one ear, MP3 in the other, one hand on a remote and the other on the beer.

dddaver

Veteran
Ummm. "Kids...Let this be a lesson. Anything ever posted on the Internet is there for anyone and everyone to see forever".

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
google has lots of websites cached. Almost everything in text in cached, but many of the pictures are missing.

On that topic.. Does anyone know how to possibly dig up old ICMAG pictures from a deleted account?

I could have swore in the past I deleted an account only to have all of my posts and pictures remain, but my username was changed to Guest which was perfect for the intentions I had. Not an immediate security risk, but rather just switching names every few years as to not have so many gardens logged under 1 entity.

The last time I deleted my account it nuked all of the pics as well. Bummer..I really wish they were still available. I'd like to leave my stuff up for the benefit of the community. Perhaps I should just abandon my account in the future. Is there anyway to delete an account and have my posts and pics remain while just removing the instances of my username/handle.

I've got the handle of the deleted account if any of the mods know if this is possible. All of the posts remain, but pics are long gone. I tried google cache, but only brings up the text.

blastfrompast

Veteran
I have an old toshiba laptop LEO didn't keep that has a bunch of pics on it

mostly old subcool stuff, and sweetleafs

vostok

Veteran
As you never know where this stuff ends up, or who is gonna use it, better be nice and polite then, but I'd be pissed if in the future Gurgle went bust and had to sell off all its old cache stuff, like Detroit loosing assets, for cash? ....

who exactly owns this 'meta' data...?