What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watering when using bio-fertilizers and textile pots

GrayZone

So as the title says I'm using both. Pots are raised and trays are below them, so there's some air circulation for root pruning and to prevent any possible mold/rot on those bags(not sure are they produced with that in mind, using some anti-rot/mold material).

Previously I used mineral fertilizers and plastic containers. I'd always water with enough water to get some runoff and wash the soil a bit.

As bio-fertilizers aren't as likely to cause trouble as quickly as mineral fertilizers are, and I'm growing in textile pots, would that mean you'd be fine with only minimal runoff?

The argument for that is to avoid washing out all that bio-stuff you're watering them with, as it's not likely to produce any negative effects.

Thoughts and experiences, please.
@CharlesU Farley, I've seen on that pic you're using that kind of pots.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
So as the title says I'm using both. Pots are raised and trays are below them, so there's some air circulation for root pruning and to prevent any possible mold/rot on those bags(not sure are they produced with that in mind, using some anti-rot/mold material).

Previously I used mineral fertilizers and plastic containers. I'd always water with enough water to get some runoff and wash the soil a bit.

As bio-fertilizers aren't as likely to cause trouble as quickly as mineral fertilizers are, and I'm growing in textile pots, would that mean you'd be fine with only minimal runoff?

The argument for that is to avoid washing out all that bio-stuff you're watering them with, as it's not likely to produce any negative effects.

Thoughts and experiences, please.
@CharlesU Farley, I've seen on that pic you're using that kind of pots.
The proof is in the pudding. Can you post a photo?

GrayZone

The proof is in the pudding. Can you post a photo?

Well, not much to see there, just the usual textile pots.

I'm just not sure if I should water them like they're in a plastic pot, fed with mineral nutes, with plenty of runoff or minimal runoff is enough due to the use of bio nutes and textile pots.