What's new

waterfarm woes

xeasyx

your plants look like mine all the leafs started to die and curl just like in your pics mine was caused by putting oxigen tablets in the res , did you say at the start of your post you put oxigen drops in ive been told they can react with some nutes but what do i know ,just a thought though anyway hope you've sorted it matey xeasyx

mage

The water stones effecting the grow is an interesting theory and i think its worth looking into. I have read elsewhere of a grower not covering his clear air line and air pump. Because the air pump and air lines where in line of sight of the hot light comming from the 600 watt light they warmed up and the result was the air being pumped out into the res being warm and helping to create pythium (root rot). I felt the air lines and air pushing out of the air stone on my grow and it all seemed quite cool.

Ill post up some pics soonish. basically i altered my watering rotation a few nights back to 1/2hr every 3 hrs and the leaves turned to some epic rams horns and leaf claw. this confirmed to me that it was underwatering that was stuffing up my grow. as basically when i created a drip ring that delivered the water to the right locations (ie under the rockwool and generally around at the top) the plant looked better. i have put the feeding rotation back onto 15 on 45 off and the plants looking a little better.

bendo im growing some sativa from bag seed that a friend gave me years ago, hes over in Holland atm and is looking at bring me back some nice sativa strain seeds xD this grow is more of a practice to iron out all the kinks before i get some decent genetics.

The roots on the second plant have started to drop through the holes in the bottom :)

Im confident that i dont have pythium and i just have a poor watering technique. I had a bit of a scare when i looked into the bottom of the buckets and the res and i saw all of this brown shit. I was worried it was root rot but when i slide my fingure through it it felt like dirt. I think its just dirt from the clay balls that i didnt get to wash off before using them. Also there is no brown goop in the water, nor any brown slime on the top of the water and the PH is fairly stable and not always rising.

Anyway in 2 weeks time i would have vegged for 6 weeks and i will start my force flower for a further 6 weeks xD

This plant isnt pretty but its been a good journey of learning and i think to learn and self improve is way more important than the quality of the plant when its grown and finished :)

jm420

Veteran
not washing the hydroton is a big no,no and will cause probs.
Do not cover your air pump you will burn it out

CaStoner

I haven't posted in awhile but my opinion is root rot or something in the rockwool your roots haven't gotten to the hydroton yet, well barely it's mostly still all contain in the rockwool where the damaged is being done.

I don't use rockwool because of that and perfer growing in soil 1st and once they get a few week old I rinse them in water and transfer them to the waterfarm. Have you done this way I think you would have been better off.

Last year Satori etc. I just ran out of smoke and started up again lasted almost 1yr of smoke.lol
picture.php

Nothing wrong with waterfarm.
picture.php

mage

i actually like the idea of doing this.

do your plants suffer much shock when you transplant them?

how many days in or how high do you let the seedlings go before transplanting?

CaStoner

Nope I do it almost at lights out, so they can recover during the dark, next day looks like nothing ever happen, wash the roots carefully and really good to remove as much soil as possible you can also lose some minors roots and they will still survive becareful of the main tap root though.

I Let them grow for a few weeks before transplanting them.
picture.php

mage

Ruddy Hell!!

i put some cannazym in the tank and the plants started to improve. then last night i lifted on of the plants top pot up to inspect the roots and the air stone appeared clogged!

i went and grabbed a new toothbrush and scrubbed the air stone and the flow improved. i guess this is to do with the brown crap in the bottom of the tank and the clay ball dust...

im switching to flower today so im going to get like a clean wet cloth and wipe the crud out the best i can.

prowler

Hi there and sorry to hear about your troubles. I just wanted to bump in to tell you to wait for a while until your plants get better before switching to 12.

I mean if you are not in a hurry you're going to loose a huge amount of bud if you decide to switch it today. Waterfarms can manage huge plants - specially when using an external reservoir.

Fix your problems and take some time and you'll get some real monsters with your system!

Hope that the cleaning of airstones helps you out. And indeed you have to check the air temperature going in. If it is too cold you'll get troubles - if too hot your roots will rot. Best way to adjust this is to hang your airpumps from ceiling. Move it closer to lamp (or ballast) for warmer air and away (or lower) for cooler air. Stick your hand in to the lower reservoir of the waterfarm and you'll know what i am talking about. I bet it is too cold atm.

Peace and happy growing!

Edit: check this link

Put thctalk in stead of --------- in the addres

http://www.---------.com/cannabis-f...-things-WATERFARM-thread!&p=209944#post209944

trimmed and pruned, she weighed in at a hefty 1828g, an estimated dry weight of 457g or 16.3oz.

seed to 1lb of weed in 92days..waterfarms. accept no substitutes!

my other farm weighed in at an estimated dry weight of 9.6oz.. that's 25.9oz from 2 plants in 92 days folks!

mage

hmm i really like the idea of hanging the air pump from the roof. do you think im having Phosphorus lockout because of cool air temps on the roots ...

ill put a thermometer in the water to check it and also at the end of the air line to check it.

thanks for the info man :)

prowler

No probs!

Im sorry to say that i don't know wether you have a problem with lockout because im simply not skilled to make that judgement.

:blowbubbles:

But whenever working with hydro the most easiest way to find it out by yourself is to change the water in the reservoir - completely. If your plants don't get better it has to be something else. And remember that if you hesitate with correct strength of nutrients in the water: Less is better!

Latest posts

Latest posts