What's new

Water, to buy or not to buy...

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Er ummm how to put this... Asda value water isn't worth what you pay for it... its nothing more than tap water put thru a filter and marked up by 2500 % , at least according to this story in the mail online so guess that option needs more investigating.
http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190027/Asda-Tesco-selling-tap-water-bottled-water-confusing-customers.html .. oh dear
Peace all

I knew it was filtered tap water it says it on the label I think, all I'm saying is it produced the cleanest burning bud I've ever had when I used it throughout a biobizz soil grow.

It was a lot cheaper then, and to be fair I only had 4 plants in 6 litre pots so I didn't spend much on the water. It was worth every penny though for the quality of the end product.

These days I would recommend either brita filtered tap water or RO if you could get hold of a system for relatively cheap.

Peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
I use home made ro water had problems at first with deficiencys but ironed those problems out

best white fibrous roots I've had in a long time no ph up or down used my ph once mixed comes out at 5.8 and doesn't move at all

mines hooked up to a Water butt on a float valve which turns the unit off once it's full

peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
I use home made ro water had problems at first with deficiencys but ironed those problems out

best white fibrous roots I've had in a long time no ph up or down used my ph once mixed comes out at 5.8 and doesn't move at all

mines hooked up to a Water butt on a float valve which turns the unit off once it's full

peace

Hello mate, I understand you need to add calmag to bring the ppm up to ~300 when using RO - did you have to add anything else to sort the deficiencies?

I wonder if this would be as much of a problem in soil... I would normally use epsom salts to deal with mag def but don't know how effective this would be with RO water.

Peace

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
im using plant magic magne cal at 1ml per litre same with canna coco a+b 1ml ltr and it comes out at 1.1ec and ph stays at 5.8 the problem is keeping the ph in range in the medium when I add aptus veg boost to the mix it drives ph up in the medium that's where my problems were at first

top dressing with lime shouldn't be a problem at all

remember the whole point of using ro is a superior clean end product well fingers crossed lol

hoping for a nice clean white ash with a 14 day flush

peace