What's new

Water hash MOLD/FUNGI? Macro Shots

Fakir710

Hey my friends. Happy new year everybody.

Just wondering what happened here, maybe u can help me!

I did Fresh Frozen water hash from the outdoor harvest from this year.

Me and my friend washed two strains, Rez's Sour Diesel Riri and Disco Bisquits from PNWR. "Microplanned" it cutting the frozen hash with a knive (I dont like the strainer method,it feels like i lose all the hash in it even when i freeze both hash and stariner.) We put the microplanned hash on a slick paper over a carboard paper and this inside a small fridge.

My friend was responsable of opening the fridge everyday and change the cardborads and dry the hash correctly babla while i was traveling because of some new year family reunion and all that stuff, i arrived yesterday and meet him for smoking some goodies you know! So we started to look at the hash with the macro lens and all that riri hash looked like fucking sugar, some impurities because of the outdoor grown, but super nice colour and texture, and nothing bad apparently. My friend put all the riri hash in GLASS JARS and opened it every day so no problem and no mold and no shit apparently.

But he had no more GLASS JARS, so he bottled the Disco BisQuits Hash in SILICON JARS instead.

What i thought is that glass doesn't breath, but humidity condensate on the sides and when you open it for some time it evaporates. Silicone doesn't breath but doesn't condensate humidity as glass does... So maybe some excess humidity and mold proliferation??

:(

At least this one did not yielded as good as Riri did.

Fakir710

Disco Bisquit Fresh Frozen Water Hash Pics with what i think is some kind of mold.

I know it looks like fiber but its not, it looks more like spider web than textile but its not...

Fakir710

Rez's Sour Diesel "Riri Cut" Fresh Frozen Water Hash without that stuff.

Both plants were grown in the same place the same way.

Thats 120u-73u Second pull.

120u-73u Third pull.

troutman

Seed Whore
One problem is refrigerators tend to hold humidity and can have mold in them just waiting to grow.
Sealing moist hash is a problem. Doesn't take much water for weed or hash to be ruined with moisture.