What's new

Water Extracted Vs. Dry Sieve

Smoking Gun

So I am sure this thread has been done before but I have to ask which do you prefer water extracted or dry sieve hash? I think both have their merits. Personally I would always make my own with water extraction, I think the final quality is better. However I do enjoy some good dry sieve hash as well; its great for balling up and popping in a bowl, it stays lit so it is easy to smoke down to the end. What so you folks prefer?

Protea

i like to make hash mostly i have used bags and ice. and the hash is very good i love it. but lst year i bought a dry sieve box, i i love to dry sieve the way it press together so you get a nice bar or puck or however.
greens ide is super though, unpresed dry sieve on top of bud, that sound like something i can like. will deffenetly give it a go.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is all good! I prefer dry sieve for its added flavors.

Guest02345

personally i prefer cold water. but i love all kind of hash.

the best hash i ever smoked was done with co2. golden color, super tasty and melts instantly as soon as it gets a lil hot

Friend

Veteran
i stopped using ice water as soon as i discovered dry ice extraction.

for me, it's much less of a hassle, not as messy, and i arrive at my final product in a fraction of the time. i press it into little discs

Ptone

I feel like most of the c02 extracted concentrates I see are really just vacuum purged butane concentrates. Because from what I understand for c02 to be worth using it has to be supercritical... and well you need some serious equipment and training for that.

Sinkyone

Dry sift is quicker and easier and cheaper, but properly made bubble with be much cleaner and purer than any dry sift and have better potency and flavor.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I'm high functionig autistic and there's something about some of the water-soluble turpenes that help my anxiety....

Water extraction and butane extraction (I know they're not the same) all have something 'missing' when I smoke them for anxiety. Doesn't make as much of a difference when I'm eating it though... hrmmmmm.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Kushed_

I prefer the dry sieve for the same reason as Gray Wolf. The best bubble I ever made tasted great the first couple of hits, but after that, I didn't want to finish it. I haven't given-up on ice water. I would like to try the dry ice.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
I prefer proper Dry sift . more terpenes , flavors
picture.php

picture.php

susantidad

Water Extracted Vs. Dry Sieve

HI people,

I prefer dry shift too, but the low returns broke my ass.
Only dry in special moments, specially the qualyties i like ;)

Meanwhile o enjoy ice hash and vacuum purgued oils.

Good vibes

cravin morehead

Veteran
for me its bubble all the way. i get much better flavor (all the way to the end of the bowl) from my bubble than i do with my tumbled kief. idk if my processes make the differences or not. i've never bought either, but have tried some others bought (both not very good at all). for bubble, popcorn and frosty trim is frozen fresh until ready to process. for my dry sift, i keep the shake and odd pieces left in my daily smoking jar until i have enough to tumble it. i tumble in this:

i made a couple of different micron screens for it. i also don't press either product. i have a makins press, but hardly ever use it.

so, for me, MY bubble all the way

cm

Last edited:

Kushed_

dry sift and shoe processed ,beautifull

Do you use cellophane, amd if so, where do you get it?

I have used the wrapper from those big muffins like you get at the gas station. I have thought about turkey bags since they are food-grade. I also thought about the cellophane you get from the florist, but that shit contains who knows what. It probably comes from China.

Shoe hash is very good! Smoking some right now, Bubba Kush.

Latest posts

Latest posts