What's new

WATCH OUT FOR RIPPERS...

Funny Ripper Story

Funny Ripper Story

Several years ago, the little asshole next door ripped me off. This was the second year he and his friends had done this. The first time, knowing an asshole like that had to be on probation, I snitched him off to his PO. She went to his house, couldn't find the pot but found him with cigarettes so he spent the weekend in jail.
Second time I called the cops and filed a report (legal in Cali.). The cops went and talked to the kid and both my plants were returned unharmed the next day. That was the last year I planted in containers. They now go in the ground.
We got a copy of the police report. It listed the strains. Vintage Mendo and I forget the other one. It was too funny. I think I'll get another copy and post it here (less the identifying info of course).
Anyway, he was young then. We're friends now. He grows his own and gets ripped off majorly. He's been ripped so badly I actually feel bad for him now.........but it was funny the first few plants :D

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would be more worried about cops than rippers. not too many rippers fly around in helicopters with the chance of finding all your plants.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
These signs are clearly posted on my property, and I have motion detectors, video surveilance, 12ga shot guns, and German Shepard guard dogs.

Just too many people in my general area to trust all my hard work to a ripper!!!

U must be a bad shot.:laughing:

rut row - post 666

sunwukong

The best advice...
1. Low numbers. Cops and rippers look for the field they can retire on. Eradication busts of <20 look exhaustive and don't make for local news in the fall. 100 plants looks better than 10 on paper and in "remember when" stories. Even if those 10 plants would yield more than 100, big numbers mean more attention.
2. Keep them low, amongst surrounding vegetation. Rippers know to look for that 12 foot 5lb plant. Not the same plant lst'ed amongst the native sumac.
3. SHUT THE FUCK UP. This is really self explanatory. Just look at people like they are talking about martian cheese making if they talk about growing outdoors. "Don't you need special lights for that?", "Its too cold, hot, dry, wet, whatever around here." Whatever makes you sound like a complete moron. Tell no one, and if you like the spot, cut'em down there and trim party elsewhere.
Not an expert but have yet to lose a plant after 6 years growing guerilla in the greatest metropolitan area of the US.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you think the cops aren't going to bother with ten plants, you're crazy. i've seen them zip down a line and pull about 6 plants. zip back up to the helicopter and be on their way.

I will do what is lawful

I will do what is lawful

I grow my legal plants here in Cali and two years ago i got some ripped too. Now I have infra-red, motion detected surveillance cameras, dogs, and more. I sleep (one eye open) in a tent in the garden from Aug to harvest. I keep my plant height under that of the fence, and plant amongst other vegetation, but it is the smell that is the problem. I will do what is lawful to protect my small once a year crop.
:moon:

Attachments

• White_Widow.jpg
    White_Widow.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 10
  • Headband.jpg
    Headband.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 8
  • TrainWreck.jpg
    TrainWreck.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 8
  • OG_Blue.jpg
    OG_Blue.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 9
"How do you people grow in places where people just stumble upon plants??? heres a tip, go somewhere where no one else will want to go, then go another 5 km... any ripper willing to go where i do can take what he can carry.. because he wont want to go through it again" Jiy Jitsu Playa

EXACTLY!!

It is my (our) right, and actually more responsible to plant on ones own property. No one is "just stumble upon" my plants in my fenced back yard. Even if I wanted to, in the desert it is not possible to grow 5km away. I hope you never get ripped, but it would change your tune.
:moon:

"How do you people grow in places where people just stumble upon plants??? heres a tip, go somewhere where no one else will want to go, then go another 5 km... any ripper willing to go where i do can take what he can carry.. because he wont want to go through it again" Jiy Jitsu Playa

EXACTLY!!

badmf

Don't be fooled into believing if you only go far enough they wouldn't go there.(of course it is better than not, lol) They use dogs to follow growers trails and also to point out grow houses to break into!! Its sad that the risk they'd take to steal could've been put to use growin' their own.

I also agree with your take Badmf...The possibility will always exist that rippers will get your grow but I can make it as difficult as possible! :)

slider420

It still sucks (I just hate paying GOLD STANDARD PRICES) So I Try to grow a little patch to keep my cost for the year down some... & then the RIPPERS slide around...It Sucks

Latest posts

Latest posts