What's new

Washington MMJ questions...

GryphN

I just moved to the state of WA a few weeks ago, and I want to get a MMJ recommendation, but I'm wondering who would be the best doc to goto?

I hear I should avoid THCF as they do not back their patients up in court (if it comes to that) ... I want to find someone who is fairly legit so hopefully I don't have problems like that if it ever came to that point. I have legit medical problems (broken

Any recommendations? I'm up near Mt. Vernon/Bellingham, so someone in this area would be great.

Also, what is the cheapest way/place to get meds? I plan on growing my own, but it's gunna be a good 4 months til I have a harvest (assuming I can get something started next week... Already got the cabinet setup, just need some clones! :) ) .... Cost is definitely a factor... I'm on disability so money is really tight...

Anyway, suggestions appreciated!
Thanks!
--GryphN

The great state of Washington just changed things up a bit a couple weeks ago. You can now get recommendations from physician assistants, naturopaths, osteopaths, ARNPs etc. So if you're hurting for cash, you dont have to go through the clinics that charge $200.

If your in the bellingham area, I'm sure you arent very far from a naturopath that would be happy to write a recomendation. :tiphat:

GryphN

Any tips on how to locate one? I feel a bit odd calling around asking "Hi, do you give MMJ recommendations?" ... Or is that exactly what I need to do?

GryphN

kinda strange actually... even though I have a completely legit reason to smoke MMJ, and I now live in a state that it is legal in... it still feels as though somehow I'm doing something shady that shouldn't be mentioned to anyone... lol... I guess in some ways it is, but still... Hard to get used to the feeling I can relax a little about it... :)

M

mugenbao

Check out thclist.com (if it comes back up) for a list of clinics and mmj-friendly doctors. The list is far from complete, but it's a place to start. The two most recognized clinics in the area (THCF and Sentry Medical) both have their pros and cons, and you can certainly find the phone numbers for either of them easily enough. I personally went through Sentry Medical, and though I am no big fan of their politics and general attitude, the process was quick and painless. I'm sure THCF would be quite similar, though I can't speak from experience there.

Sentry Medical - [deleted 2011-04-05*]
THCF - [FONT=verdana,arial](425)869-6186

There's a bunch of drama brewing in the mmj scene right now. If you can find a nurse, naturopath, etc., as mentioned above, that might work out great. Otherwise, I'd just give one of the two numbers I listed above a call.

Also check out this page for WA-specific mmj laws - http://www.doh.wa.gov/hsqa/medical-marijuana/

[Edited 2011-04-05]

* I can no longer recommend Sentry Medical with a clear conscience. Having spoken to the owner Steve Sarich in person on a few occasions, and read/followed their forum for more than two years, I no longer have any confidence in that company and think everyone would be well advised to steer clear. It is true that you can get an mmj recommendation through them (I have gotten my last two through them), but their entire process is sketchy and the owner actively works against patient rights and for his own business agenda under the guise of medical marijuana "activism".

Simply put: There is no shortage of better alternatives, which are easy enough to find on the web (including the aforementioned THCList).

[/FONT]

Hey mug. That thclist is a nice site. I learned some new things and found alot more places to go instead of the normal two that are shady IMO.

Thanks alot. Good looking out.

GryphN

Thanks for the link... I actually got my rec yesterday from Doctor Stern... super nice guy, I highly recommend him! Now on to find clones/smoke :) ..... That thclist.com hopefully will help with that.

Thanks again! :)
--GryphN

I've run. I've hid. I've lied. Not anymore. I'm certified.

Dr. Stern not only provided me with a recommendation, he provided me extremely helpful insight into my medical issues. He told me some things that my primary care doc wouldn't have the balls to say.

Check out CBR Medical here in Spokane. They're not tied up with all the drama and BS in the Western WA mmj scene. Good people, good doctors.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The law says a doctors recommendation for certain conditions.... if you have the condition and a doctors recommendation then you have followed that part of the law. So I'm not sure why all the talk of THCF being shady. High priced yes, about 200 bucks, but shady no. World class doctor and videos to watch so you don't act like an idiot if the cops harass you, a list of caregivers dispensaries etc.

I'm not sure why you would need a doctor to show up in court, you either have a doctors recommendation and the right condition or you don't.

And as far as being legal - it's not. What you have is an affirmative defense in WA state. Still totally illegal as far as the feds and you can still be arrested by the state. In state court you might have an affirmative defense, if the judge lets you use that defense... I've seen cases where the judge doesn't think the persons medical condition warrants MMJ. So you have to fight if it comes down to it.

But in areas like Seattle no one will bother you, other areas may be different...

Latest posts

Latest posts