What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Washing Machine Hash

G

Chiefsmokingbud said:
No i meant the paint strainer bags.

No idea - actually they should probably be measured in centimeters or 8th's of inches. They are 3-4 times larger than the 220iu bag - at least. I'm not sure, but they are available at any specialty paint store for a buck or two.

bopper

hillbillieonpcp said:
there are some strains which are just flat out not melty....the bags I use are as follows:

220(work bag)

160(collects garbage)

120(sometimes get some full melt, but mostly just bubbles)

73(The full Melt Bag)

than depending on strain I may or may not use the 45 and the 25....

Hi hillbillieonpcp,

Do you find any general differences between the 120, 73, 45, and 25 pulls, in both apparent quality and effect? We have an earlier set of bags from Bman from before he introduced the 120. Does the 190 bag give any advantage if the 160 is included? We assume that the 120 aids in pulling full-melt by taking a smaller more homogeneous fraction. Is that correct?

BTW if a sealable bag made of 220 mesh were substituted for the paint strainer bags (much too big a mesh IMO; we've used them for compost tea), you'd have a large functional equivalent of the Bubbleator. One of the cool aspects of sealed bags is that the ice is excluded and the water forced into the bags. Much of the garbage doesn't make it out of the sealed bag and there is less of it to remove if the herb is never agitated directly.

Best,

bopper

Last edited:
G

Can I make a suggestion?

Why doesn't someone put a lb or 2 of buds in there and make some killer 45, 73, and 120 micron bubble?
Buds are expensive, but holy crap, the bubble is unbelieveable, and bigger heads (that's why the 25, 45, and 73 are good in your case, you're using trim).

G

I use Bud all the time!

I use Bud all the time!

But, I use a blender. :woohoo:
Wanna know why?
Cause, I put the bud back through the blender 5-6 times depending on how much foam is left. And I use sprite with the ice cubes to sweeten up the dope. And I eliminate the middle bag.:yoinks:
:wave:

Last edited:
G

theres an article in one of my lastest weed magizines of a guy using the ,washing machine process,he makes about 4 pounds of hash at a time,, Ill see if i can find the article.

EDIT
in a recent article,SOMA makes water hash, he prefers the strains,RockBud,Citralah,amnesia hash,and MKultra.

He uses a zipper bag with a mesh size of 220, then uses 5 gallon bags 38 mesh, 70,then 90 mesh, a 150 mesh and a 185 mesh. he states...the 90 makes fullmelt as does the 70 and 38

this is from the vol5 issue 07 of HEADS magizine.

Last edited:

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
kruger ... good luck smoking whatever else apart form sugar and carbonated water residues left in that "hash".....
If Im making it I want the PURE not the SOAP
Peace

G

To answer the question - does it bubble? The 73 micron bubbles very well. The 25 micron pops, but doesn't bubble. The 73 is my most requested bubble. Sorry it took so long to actually answer this question. I'm an ass.

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Recently ran Reefermans Hashplant and the 160 bag bubbled really well. First time id ever seen the 160 bag bubble. Saw it melt the day before a little with Soma rockbud but just barely. I get 120 that bubbles fairly regular but my largest yield and most bubbley normally comes out of the 73 bag. I seldom even run the 25u bag anymore as I dont care much for what ends up in it and it drains extremley slow. Reeferman hashplant made great hash and I got FMCD from the 160/120/73/45 bags which made it great fun. Made a very light colored beautiful hash I have pics on my thread I believe. I normally prefer smoking the largest number bag that bubbles well as I would assume thats where the largest most mature trichomes have been caught. mmmm yummmm bubble.

Last edited:
G

Well I am here to tell you that after years of screwing around with drills, mixers and stiring by hand :fsu: I bought some of those 5 gal paint strainers and I did the deed in the wash machine, The trick to getting the Mrs to allow the use of the washer is to have her hold the mixer for a couple of runs! :yoinks: She caved!!!!!

Well I ran it and I gotta tell you I am pissed off that I didnt do this sooner!!!

Great run! I Ran it 3 times Yield was definaly there!

21 g first run

13 g second run

11 grams third run!

These are all dry wieghts :yoinks:

Thank you for posting a great thread! :wave: :wave:

Look Ma, no bags !

Look Ma, no bags !

I don`t put my trim inside a bag inside the washing machine. I put my trim and buds directly in the washing machine previously filled with water and ice. Turn on the washing cycle all the way through the rinse cycle adding some ice in between. Filter everything as it comes out the hose. Use 220, 158, 129, 73 and 48 microns. 73 is the melting bomb and 48 really melts but is less potent and tasty. Been using the same machine for over a year no prob. Rince once in a while with a little bleach. RR.

G

betterboy said:
So how much scrap weight is put in those 5 gal paint strainner bags? is that wet or dry and how much ice? thanks

I didnt weigh it :bashhead: But it was semi dry only 2 days on the racks. It filled 4 bags about half way. I didnt want to pack them 2 tight. I used a total of 6 8lb bags of ice

Redrooster said:
I don`t put my trim inside a bag inside the washing machine. I put my trim and buds directly in the washing machine previously filled with water and ice. Turn on the washing cycle all the way through the rinse cycle adding some ice in between. Filter everything as it comes out the hose. Use 220, 158, 129, 73 and 48 microns. 73 is the melting bomb and 48 really melts but is less potent and tasty. Been using the same machine for over a year no prob. Rince once in a while with a little bleach. RR.

Wow Red I am sure the Mrs would have killed me for that one! :bat:

The bags are dirt cheap I bouht 4 of them for less then 5 bucks. Clean up was a breeze! :woohoo:

I ran a plain water load thru the washer first (didnt want any soap) :yoinks:

Then ran the trim, just ran the drain line into my bags. I use only the 220 73 and 45 20 gal bags. I am no conisure of hash I get stoned on all of it!

Last edited:

ilife

Using Zipper Bags

Using Zipper Bags

I prefer to use the zipper bags inside the washing machine. It helps control the contamination, makes its easier, faster, cleaner and a better quality of water extraction. It also helps speed up the cleaning process when finished for the day.

Also I would never run bleach through my Ice Water Extraction machine, I use a gallon of Alcohol. You should never have to really clean your machine if you rinse it off really good with a spray nozzle and drain the water as much as you can. The next time you use the machine just fill it with clean water and then pump it through the machine once to pass any old water that has been sitting in the pump since the last time you used it.

On the zipper bags we use a safety pin to prevent the zipper from opening in the washing process.
AQUA LAB TECHNOLOGIES is coming out with a zipper lock for this reason on all of there zipper bags.:chin:

I now prefer to use the larger Mini Washing machines that do not use a pump, gravity only. This way when finished you can rinse the machine really good and let dry. No worries about old stale water sitting in the pump.

:chin:

iLiFE

Last edited:
G

Damn glad you guys stopped by!!! This thread has really taken off with great ideas! I think I get a better yield using the washer too fred, and I dont find any more plant matter than when using a mixer... I guess the machine just beats the trim better than I do. :)

G

WOW, I really like that washer machine unit you got. Thanks for sharing it with us. I'm looking forward to trying one in the future. I think the the mesh bag is a great idea and like the idea that material isn't floating around inside the unit loosely. Everything stays in the bag. Killer thread.
Take care,
BG

James Morrison

~*MR.MOJORISIN*~
strainwhore said:
I saw the ice-o-lator and said to myself:
"Self?"
"Yes" I said
"Why dont we use our womans washing machine?"
To which I said: "Because she will kill us"

And of course, I won out in the end...

She doesnt know yet... :bat:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
smeagol.jpg

G

Laundry Room Sign​

1. Blender for small loads
2. Paint mixer for medium loads
3. Washer for larger loads?

:woohoo:

~Alaska~

Great thread!

you all might be interested to know that the bubbleator from mila and the bubblenow from bubbleman (same thing, diff color and sticker) are actually mini washing machines from china.

I did a little research, that anyone can purchase these from the manufacturer for the low price of $18.50 per unit, you jsut have to buy 20ft shipping container with about 480 units inside as a minimum purchase. The co is called jinwa.

Be safe and enjoy

A

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Great method strainwhore...
Hey, you could always use a 55 gallon drum with an outboard trolling motor for the mixer if you're working in bulk and dont want to mess with the wifes wash machine or the paint strainer bags.

I believe bubbleman offers the large industrial drum size bags too. :yes:

ilife

Using any bag filteration system bigger than 32 gallons is almost impossible. For any of you that have pulled up the 73um bag in a 32 gallon bag filteration system have already learned this, for it is almost impossible to pull up by yourself or with a friend. Stick with the household washing machine, 220um zipper bags, and a good 32 gallon bag filteration system, preferably an improved system such as Payload bags. The adding of the screen to the bottom sides of the filteration bags really makes for a quicker, easier, filtering system.

The less time your trichomes are the water, the stronger the flavor is.

iLiFE

Latest posts

Latest posts