What's new

Warped foliage - where did i go wrong

?I would like to ask this question. If u refer to my first post, why did they look great for so long then, poof, horrible?

I didnt do anything different. That almost eliminates a fertillization issue. Green lights and azamax are the only realistic culprits, maybe 5% chance genetics.

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
You're running different strains at the same time, and that can be problematic because they don't all need or want the same things.

I agree, the texture to the leaves and the color, it's odd. They look like they're brittle and could crack.

The tiny buds could definitely be another indicator of hormonal confusion. I'm just not sure about the green lights, myself. I can see them being just like using an infrared light around animals in that some just don't "see" it. However, I have some papers discussing the utility of the green spectrum for plants and photosynthesis, so they *are* using green light, during daylight hours at least.

You say you've been running this set-up for over a year, yes? Has ANYTHING else changed at all? Could anything have broken, gotten shifted, a patch over, say a light on a computer strip come uncovered? I read you on the ppm's and how they shouldn't be causing this, except that I've run for a few years now a cross that I favor, Cali O x Blueberry, and lemme tell ya, she is almost too easy a keeper. You LOOK at her and she gets burned from overferting. For example, where most gals are happy-happy-fine-fine with me using 5mls/gal Floranova Bloom, with this line I *must* keep it to 2ml/gal, less than half, or they'll become burned and horribly overfertilized.

If nothing else at all is new, then it's time to start going over everything again, one thing at a time.

For one i truly think thats its false believe that plants dont use green light & that it can be used in the dark cycle... i have no proof, but like seamaiden says, theres papers saying the opposite, if you look at a PAR chart you will see that they use green light even if its very little!
I think its the main issue of your prob & id get rid of them,
even if its just temporary...

Also yes you have overfet... BUT its minor & i dont think its the prob..

good luck

try this:i would work around a traditional 12/12 schedule even though its a pain in the ass. i would carefully place the greenlights in a cardboard box. i would mail the box to
antartica. if the plants submitted a written request for the green lights i would return them.

Grass Lands

Veteran
I would check my ph/ec run off...its a good starting point in trouble shooting issues....you may be surprised at what ya find...

"try this:i would work around a traditional 12/12 schedule even though its a pain in the ass. i would carefully place the greenlights in a cardboard box. i would mail the box to
antartica. if the plants submitted a written request for the green lights i would return them."

no doubt, screw em. My lights are on 10am till 10pm, worrking daylight hours isnt the issue. Its spraying anything that needs to be sprayed at night. What is an alternitive way to do that in the dark? SHould i invest in night vision goggles? for real thou whats an alternitive route

Looking at this mathematicly, what did i do different

1. more green lights, room is much brighter. can kinda see really well with them on environmental controler thinks its daytime. theyv been left on all night at times its been really bright. there is evidence of light issues on the leaves. im almost convinced

but why the brittle leaf textures indicating burn and why not any issues with pk???

I would check my ph/ec run off...its a good starting point in trouble shooting issues....you may be surprised at what ya find...

I dripp feed recirculate and change water every 6-7 days. i periodically check ph ppms during the week. Me, ph, and ec are all on good terms