What's new

WARNING! Do NOT Use ATTAIN TR On Your Pot Plants!!

badmf

You aren't suppose to be in the room with em, bro. This does work in heavily infested grows w/o any side effects...well other than me having 7 fingers...lol. The use of any pesticide that will kill mites and other hardy insects is ususally not good for mammals. I have had large rooms saved by using bombs, when outbreaks became out of control. I prefer to keep it clean so I never have to use anything. This also can be used after the room is cleared to kill any mites that hibernate in cracks etc. I use the spray can to control where and how much is used. Purge 3 is also a good control spray and can be used in auto-misters.

KRS Juan

I dont think rez is referring to anyone being in the room while using it, I think it's the fact that the product is not for use with food/fruit bearing plants. While you may not see any visable difference in your plants, they may have absorbed some of the poisons and those may be transported throughout the plant over time.

-KRS Juan-

G

KRS Juan said:
I dont think rez is referring to anyone being in the room while using it, I think it's the fact that the product is not for use with food/fruit bearing plants. While you may not see any visable difference in your plants, they may have absorbed some of the poisons and those may be transported throughout the plant over time.

-KRS Juan-

seen it was recommended by a few peeps here, so checked it out. the description i read said it was safe for food products? then again I was lookin at a TR fogger, that wasnt the Attain brand.

CBF

G

Nasty shit,safe for "indistrial blackberry spraying",that's about it....
(Now I'll never eat another industrial berry,GACK!)
It's NOT safe,it kills fish with a superhigh tox rate.
And if it kills fish,it's not good for us.
Read the warning label,in full,it's some heinous shit.

You can get pyrethrin bombs that are natual-based pyrethrin,these are NOT for anything you're gonna' be smoking or eating.

I won't argue the point,the PDF is very clear.

Cheers!

JohnBudd

I would not be too keen on sharing my wares that have been "bombed" with chemicals. When things get to the point were you would be needing one(bomb)...time to cut/clean/scrub/bleach.........count the crop as a loss, and start over.........clean.
Pest strips hanging in corners prior/during/basically all the time.......glasses of honey water..... :chin: 100's of home remedies beat bombing IMO.
Chemicals/pesticides don't belong in our little consumer corner.........bah.
I heard Paraquate kills gnats also...........grumble....grumble.

G

Rezdog said:

You can get pyrethrin bombs that are natual-based pyrethrin,these are NOT for anything you're gonna' be smoking or eating.

Cheers!

hey Rez, i aint arguein, id smoke the fuggin mites before a pesticide.

CBF

G

A 2 oz can in 3000 sqf? What, do I release a grain or two with my micro tweezers for a 20 sqf flower space?

Sounds like some very nasty stuff.

G

Thanks REZ i almost got a can of that to bomb my veg room. Do you have anything to advise someone to use? I am using Neem right now with warm water which helps the oil mix with the water. Thanks Jubei

badmf

Jubei if you have a problem heres a site with many choices to use. :wave: www.ecogrow.com/index.cfm/page/16/home.htm While there are many opinions as there are growers, each must determine what they use as pesticides, nutrients, systems lights etc. If you notice, the products break down within 24 hours and many can be used up to the day of harvest. Bottom line, if you have closer control of your entry, you won't bring the guests to dinner! I vacuum after changing clothes "each" time I go in and I haven't had any pests since!! An oz of prevention is worth a pound!! :biglaugh: :canabis:

SuperToker

When you warn someone about not to do something, usually, people give a reason. Not just random unscientific findings that don't help anyone. Please tell us why you believe attain tr should not be a choice of someone with a pest problem.

KRS Juan

SuperToker:

Rezdog said:

Cheers!

Since when is reading the products own label is " just random unscientific findings that don't help anyone"????? All Rez said was RTFM! Attain themselves tell you why you shouldnt be using it on your cannabis.

-KRS Juan-

G

SuperToker said:
When you warn someone about not to do something, usually, people give a reason. Not just random unscientific findings that don't help anyone. Please tell us why you believe attain tr should not be a choice of someone with a pest problem.

Read the PDF,the maker tells you why it shouldn't be used on cannabis.

badmf

If you go back and check the link, you'll see there are more than one product that is made by the same folks who make Attain, although its use is for non-edible plants, the others do break down in 24 hours and can be used up to the day of harvest. X-clude 1600 and Purge work well. Attain is a synthetic and kills damn near everything, and its use is for in between grows imo. The others can be used during, but keep in mind they are concentrates so read the room cubic footage, first!!!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
If the plants are not to big i have always found the best way replace the soil after giving them a nice pwer washing,Under the shower head...

Mites are very weak and can easily be blown off a plant with the slightest bit of pressure,And the water also fucks up their webs,And causes the eggs as well as the mites to fall off and down the drain they go!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
old threads die hard

old threads die hard

so i jsut had to bump this because my local Hydro shop, which has never steered me wrong before, recommends Floramite and Pyrethrum/Attain TR as the best for killing mites

i just got a can of Pyrethrum TR and a can of Attain TR (same manufacturer, identical can)... the hydro owner told me to use the Pyrethrum TR bomb one night, and then use the Attain TR bomb the next night.

i told the owner about this thread, and asked what he thought. he is a really good, honest man, and he had some good insight, albeit he is selling the product so obviously he thinks it is ok.

-he said that he wouldn't use Floramite or Attain during the last month of flowering.

-he said that during the first month or so of flowering it is fine, and it is also fine for vegetative growth, mothers, clones, etc...

-he said that bifenthrin (attain TR) has recently been proven non-carcinogenic (for what thats worth).

-he said that if i am going to worry about chemicals, i should worry about things like Avid and Floramite instead of synthetic pyrethroids like Attain.

anyway, i used the Pyrethrum TR bomb last night, and it KILLED EVERY MITE and left all 200 of my plants looking just fine. i don't see why the Attain would be any worse.

oh, and Blaze^ thats a good tip, thank you. but sometimes we have to use the nuclear option ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts