What's new

*WARNING* check your bags!

I

Iron_Lion

I've got a set of Sprung bags, anyone know how they measure up? I think I paid $80 for a set of 5, they seem to be well made.

tester

If we take that bubblebag as a granted 220um and use it as a scale against the "ebaybag", then the 200um ebaybag is more than 500 microns in reality.

picture.php

You would be better off with a mosquito net.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I've got a set of Sprung bags, anyone know how they measure up? I think I paid $80 for a set of 5, they seem to be well made.

i've got both bubblebags and sprungbags... i've used the bubblebags about a dozen or so times over the last couple of years.. last year i bought the sprung bags, and i can't tell the diff in the end product. both seem to work equally well...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
and would like to add that if the choice is hash, or a joint (made from the same bud), i'll pick the joint (or bong)... i am not impressed with the end product...

maybe its the hash maker (me), but the shit bubbles, tastes like the hash of old, but i feel a joint (bong) is getting me higher...

mrcreosote

Veteran
Very nice work tester. A bunch of toilet trout are probably getting very high from resin going down the tube.

I'd be interested in the distributors website that sold the accurate screen. I have no problem with pouring water through a screen as opposed to spending money for unnecessary canvas. Cut most of the center of a 5 gallon bucket lid out, lay a slightly pouched regular window screen over the bucket and snap the lid on. Sieve most of the weed out with a large hand kitchen strainer, then pour.

I might even get industrious enough to trace out the bottom of another bucket to the lid of the first and cut the hole a bit oversized and then cut the bottom out of that bucket, lay the screen over the hole and push my 'fat funnel' into the lid. Re-pour through successive screens.
Voila. Cheap Charlies water hash maker with an additional benefit...

Bubble bags for hash can get some you serious time in some places. Just having them is proof. Life in prison in Oklahoma. (No shit! WTF is WRONG with these idiots?) Buckets with holes in them are still buckets with holes. Dry screens are rolled up and stuffed in a piece of pvc pipe that sits in the corner of that pile of crap in the garage.

"What are you in for?"
"Life...For making water hash."
" SHEEEIT dude! Lucky I only shot the 7/11 girl in the face...I'll be out in 5."

If you're really lucky they will give you concurrent sentences so you only do 50 years for the elbow of trim. Only ONE life sentence instead of two.
What kind of minds make these laws? Their twisted 'logic' can't get much stranger than that.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes this is good info BB for the win look how nice and uniform those are on the BB.

tester

according to this page, the smallest screen included is 86 micron.

Maybe you all just didn't read carefully enough? (Just asking, not trying to be a dick)

The bags came from a dedicated webshop (so not Alibaba or Ebay) and are not the same bags you linked.
These were sold as : 25, 75, 110, 220 micron bags and every bag is labelled according to that.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My local hydro store had a huge pile of bags. I told them that they need to check the size I was blown off so its up to us to check them. I myself would not buy anything other then Bubble mans bags. If there are issues with those he will take care of it.

shmalphy

Veteran
Has anyone measured Wacky Willy bags? I have those, and get good results, but I am considering getting another set because they are almost worn out after a year of light use. Not bad for the price, but it looks like sprung bags are the way to go. Looks like better quality at about the same price.