What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wardrobe - Light leak & Security lock

Yeah thats smart. I will keep that in mind for sure. Hopefully I got negative pressure when the whole closet are sealed properly. Actually Im not sure about the size of my intake. Its 6 holes with 3mm diameter which is 180mm total. My exhaust is 100mm and connected with a S&P 100mm inline fan. If Im correct about the ventilation, the intake should be double size of the exhaust. Which means I should have 200mm. Or do you think my holes are working? Maybe add one more?

Bobby Boucher

Diameter x diameter divided by 4 multiplied by 3.14 gives you area..

10cm x 10cm = 100cm / 4 = 25cm x 3.14 = 78.50

multiply by 2 to find total area of your passive intake = 157 cm

1 x 14cm hole would leave you with 154 cm. 1 x 15cm hole would leave you around 176cm.

A 3mm hole has a total area of.. 3x3/4x3.14=...... 7.065MM. You would need 22 3cm x 3cm holes to give you the air exchange you are looking for, or 2200 3mm holes.

I'm too stoned to proof read this anymore than I already have. Sorry if this is misleading.

Diameter x diameter divided by 4 multiplied by 3.14 gives you area..

10cm x 10cm = 100cm / 4 = 25cm x 3.14 = 78.50

multiply by 2 to find total area of your passive intake = 157 cm

1 x 14cm hole would leave you with 154 cm. 1 x 15cm hole would leave you around 176cm.

A 3mm hole has a total area of.. 3x3/4x3.14=...... 7.065MM. You would need 22 3cm x 3cm holes to give you the air exchange you are looking for, or 2200 3mm holes.

I'm too stoned to proof read this anymore than I already have. Sorry if this is misleading.

Damn, I have been totally wrong. Fuck. I have to fix this. Hmm...

I think a rectangular intake would suit my wardrobe best if Im going to have that size of intake like u mentioned. I'm bad at math. Could you help me?

Bobby Boucher

OK. Firstly, don't say you "suck at math". With that kind of fatalistic attitude, everyone would "suck at math". You either know something or you do not know something. You don't suck at math.

Google "square root of 157" to find the size of your square. Then maybe spend 30-40 minutes on youtube learning Sketchup, so that you can quickly draw up 3d models. Trying to explain the logistics of a small space like that with written or spoken word alone can be confusing, and having the ability to quickly conceptualize things in a 3d space will wind up saving you time and money in the future, guaranteed.

However, I'm super not the best person to be asking for help growing pot.

Also, I'm no mathematician either. You should really double check all my math.

Drop That Sound

Math is what sucks, there is a better way!

First, the easy way: Just keep drilling more holes ( or slowly making one bigger) until you get to the desired pressure. Honestly I do prefer math over this method..

Second, build an adjustable flow intake. That way you can actually control the pressure at different fan speeds. You have so much more control doing that.. Could be as simple as sliding a piece of plastic into a slotted wooden box, to restrict flow when needed.

Bobby Boucher

Sketchup does most of my math for me. It truly is an invaluable tool for this type of application.

Command+K, click and drag out a square for the cab's footprint..
P to pull the face of the square up to desired height of your cabinet..
C, click and drag out your circle, input radius and press enter..
Right click on your circle to show Entity Info and low and behold..

Area, segment length, combined segment length, volume, pitch.. All these calculations are done for you.

I feel like everyone should spend 20 minutes familiarizing themselves with sketchup. The whole thing is just pushing and pulling on squares and circles. It's nowhere near as challenging as it looks.

Latest posts

Latest posts