What's new

War

moose eater

Lessons within regarding repression and abuses by systems and governments.

Today is May 4, commemorating the shootings at Kent State University. The recording linked below was recorded one year to the day after the unprosecuted shootings of students and faculty there by Ohio State Guardsmen..

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Since Twitter became a weird Right wing echo chamber I trust very little of it's content.
:sneaky: I notice that Speakers Corner is now, more a TwitterX echo chamber, than a discussion forum.

Speaking of which, it seems some X video posts from certain members just play (like youtube) while others force one to the X site where copious cookies are embedded in one's device. Anyone know why?

moose eater

:sneaky: I notice that Speakers Corner is now, more a TwitterX echo chamber, than a discussion forum.

Speaking of which, it seems some X video posts from certain members just play (like youtube) while others force one to the X site where copious cookies are embedded in one's device. Anyone know why?
I think there's been a fair amount of discussion, in the last day or so, especially.

My purpose in posting Democracy Now newscasts and excerpts or articles (and podcasts) from The Intercept and elsewhere, is to provide some fact-based alternatives to the Tel Aviv and D.C./State Dept-influenced pablum and spin routinely offered on nearly every cable news channel across the Country, and to some degree, around the world, as well as offering formal statements from groups such as Amnesty International and Doctors Without Borders, both of which represent stellar groups where accuracy is involved.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think there's been a fair amount of discussion, in the last day or so, especially.

My purpose in posting Democracy Now newscasts and excerpts or articles (and podcasts) from The Intercept and elsewhere, is to provide some fact-based alternatives to the Tel Aviv and D.C./State Dept-influenced pablum and spin routinely offered on nearly every cable news channel across the Country, and to some degree, around the world, as well as offering formal statements from groups such as Amnesty International and Doctors Without Borders, both of which represent stellar groups where accuracy is involved.
The Democracy Now (youtube) videos play fine without a cookie dump. I agree that even some videos posted from X are informative. It seems there are differing methods of posting the X videos, thus my 'related' comment/question.

The other part is observing that some dumbshit's post on X is somehow derived as factual.

So Hai

I don't believe the ICC is opposed to Jews. Hitler obviously was.
It is a matter of how you percieve things really. From Netanyahus perspective the ICC is absolutely opposed to jews, both against them resettling in the land that their god gave to them and for following his command to destroy Amelek. It is, Netanyahu says, pure antisemitism. As for Hitler his personal doctor was a jew and he employed the jew Hjalmar Schacht as head of the Reichsbank. He had 150.000 jews fighting in the Wehrmacht that he titeled ’honorary aryans’ and gave medals.

I understand what Goyim refers to, yet I have been treated with respect, dignity and hospitality by both practicing and non-practicing Jews. And my politics and metaphysical beliefs are often not a secret. Just as I have been treated warmly by Iranians, Arabs, and others, and when not, it was more of a personal beef than a generic one.

Hence, my belief that much of this rejection of others and diminishing of their place in humanity, whether Goyim or Infidels being regarded as 'human animals', rests with the more narrow-minded fundamentalist extremists, such as those I referenced as Nationalist Zionist fascists who support apartheid.

I have nearly daily correspondence these days with an old fishing friend, with whom I've been on the Gulf of Alaska numerous times and shared the wealth of saltwater fish from that place. His (non-practicing) Jewish wife and he are Dead Heads from way back (I've known them for 44 years, esp. his wife, who I knew before I knew him, before they were married), and his wife is currently a cancer survivor, though with some differences in use of the term, in contrast to myself, a source of commonality.

I live a relatively isolated (intentionally) life, as far as social interactions are concerned. Humanity in general strikes me as inherently dangerous (while having the ability to do miraculous and positive things at the same time; a source of sadness and frustration for me), and often merely for its ignorance as opposed to anything truly malicious in its intentions. Having people, however few, with whom one can exchange stories of the past, well-wishes of the day, occasional or rare food gifts, favors on rare occasion, etc., has been a positive thing, and his and my reacquainting or rekindling of acquaintance/friendship is relatively recent.

A Peruvian (practicing) Jew, (mostly a friend of a friend), in Anchorage, helped me years ago with a cannabis connection and provided hospitality back then when I overnighted repeatedly in Anchorage. There was no animosity inherently or generically borne of that time together, and my politics and metaphysical beliefs, again, being known to most who are familiar with me as a result of years of my activism.

I had Iranian neighbors on the Tanana River in Interior Alaska in the early-1980s. I sold weed, hash (maybe some coke), and even a handgun to the husband; the husband came from wealth and his family were Shaw supporters, whereas I (am/was) not.

There was also an Iranian grad student and his wife in Fairbanks, who was a definite pot head, and I had the opportunity to party and fish with them numerous times and ask deep questions about the Shaw and post-Shaw period. No troubles.

I try to lay blame/culpability at the feet of those who provoke or initiate infractions or violence, and clearly, I differentiate between force used to respond to violence and force initiated in pursuit of personal agendas and greed. Just as the law often differentiates between those things.
Much thanks for sharing, yeah I have met many israeli jews on travels and in my experience many came straight from the military service and needed a change of environment. I think this can also explain why raves became popular among many israelis, and you could easily see the changes brought by that. It was a jewish lady that I met through work who told me that they were not allowed to marry with non-jews, and she had to travel abroad for that. Also interesting was to meet a former jew, you know I wouldn’t even have thought it possible. I also had the experience of meeting jews that you know instantly they hate you.

I like that distinction of differentiating between an aggressor and one who acts in self defence, but the difficulty goes back to what you said earlier about aggressors tending to play victim. I know there is alot of focus on Palestine but this is as true regarding Ukraine, who we are told was attacked by Putin ”unprovoked”.

moose eater

It is a matter of how you percieve things really. From Netanyahus perspective the ICC is absolutely opposed to jews, both against them resettling in the land that their god gave to them and for following his command to destroy Amelek. It is, Netanyahu says, pure antisemitism. As for Hitler his personal doctor was a jew and he employed the jew Hjalmar Schacht as head of the Reichsbank. He had 150.000 jews fighting in the Wehrmacht that he titeled ’honorary aryans’ and gave medals.

Much thanks for sharing, yeah I have met many israeli jews on travels and in my experience many came straight from the military service and needed a change of environment. I think this can also explain why raves became popular among many israelis, and you could easily see the changes brought by that. It was a jewish lady that I met through work who told me that they were not allowed to marry with non-jews, and she had to travel abroad for that. Also interesting was to meet a former jew, you know I wouldn’t even have thought it possible. I also had the experience of meeting jews that you know instantly they hate you.

I like that distinction of differentiating between an aggressor and one who acts in self defence, but the difficulty goes back to what you said earlier about aggressors tending to play victim. I know there is alot of focus on Palestine but this is as true regarding Ukraine, who we are told was attacked by Putin ”unprovoked”.

Bibi's claim that the ICC is antisemitic is purely opportunistic drivel; he and many like him play that card frequently, ANY time their crimes are called into question.

Like I said, a handy 'get-out-of-jail-free' card, mostly honored by the US, that amounts to rank privilege and bullshit.

If one is clearly a 75-year aggressor, occupying land not theirs by 90% of the world's standards and by the law, including the US, then claiming victim status is pretty hollow for anyone with eyes.

Re. Hitler's purported enlistment of Jews in his military (I haven't read that any place but here), the slave owners in the 1800's in the US had 'house negroes' too, and every prison I'm familiar with has trustees and others who gain extra privileges and are a rank above those around them who are more eligible for being beaten down.

At some point, Hillter was losing his troops at unexpected rates, and I'd bet he was willing to fill those ranks in any way possible. My mother dated a fellow off and on for years who was in Hitler's Youth Corp.

And I'm off to town now to get one of the last two 5-lb. bags of French Fingerling seed spuds that I could locate in town, with 20 miles between me and them. We'll see how active Murphy is in my life today.

Last edited:

shiva82

Since Twitter became a weird Right wing echo chamber I trust very little of it's content.
when did it become ' right wing' . you trusted it for a period and then what happened to make you think it is ' right wing' ?

your brain interprets things in a sheep like manner .

pathetic

So Hai

Bibi's claim that the ICC is antisemitic is purely opportunistic drivel; he and many like him play that card frequently, ANY time their crimes are called into question.

Like I said, a handy 'get-out-of-jail-free' card, mostly honored by the US, that amounts to rank privilege and bullshit.

If one is clearly a 75-year aggressor, occupying land not theirs by 90% of the world's standards and by the law, including the US, then claiming victim status is pretty hollow for anyone with eyes.
Yes but that is from your perspective and you do not believe in judaism. You do not believe that they have a right to palestinian land or destroy the Amelek residing in it. But I believe Bibi does.

Lets hope that the ’get-out-of-jail-free’ card gets cancelled, but I have my doubts you can be sure. And even if it doesn’t Israel would never adhere to any negative outcome for their part.

Re. Hitler's purported enlistment of Jews in his military (I haven't read that any place but here), the slave owners in the 1800's in the US had 'house negroes' too, and every prison I'm familiar with has trustees and others who gain extra privileges and are a rank above those around them who are neaten down.

At some point, Hillter was losing his troops at unexpected rates, and I'd bet he was willing to fill those ranks in any way possible. My mother dated a fellow off and on for years who was in Hitler's Youth Corp.

And I'm off to town now to get one of the last two 5-lb. bags of French Fingerling seed spuds that I could locate in town, with 20 miles between me and them. We'll see how active Murphy is in my life today.
I believe it was when Germany started losing that they released Stepan Bandera from Auschwitz, but patriotic german jews and half jews enlisted in the Wehrmacht prior to the tide turning against Germany. Here is a decent article on the jews who fought for Hitler.

moose eater

Yes but that is from your perspective and you do not believe in judaism. You do not believe that they have a right to palestinian land or destroy the Amelek residing in it. But I believe Bibi does.

Lets hope that the ’get-out-of-jail-free’ card gets cancelled, but I have my doubts you can be sure. And even if it doesn’t Israel would never adhere to any negative outcome for their part.

I believe it was when Germany started losing that they released Stepan Bandera from Auschwitz, but patriotic german jews and half jews enlisted in the Wehrmacht prior to the tide turning against Germany. Here is a decent article on the jews who fought for Hitler.

If facts support a conclusion, then it exceeds one's personal subjective assessment. Bibi and those before him have been in clear violation of international laws and human rights for decades upon decades.
Even their lackeys in the US admit their settlements are illegal.

The ONLY aid to the perspective that Bibi is legit in claiming victim status and rightfulness for his litany of crimes is a Biblical one, and Bibles (no matter which ones) are not the basis of proof of rightful ownership or anything else in the courts. Bibles of any sort, border on fantasy books for the more gullible, written by men, who claimed to be in contact with God for reasons of self-benefit or social control. Nothing more and nothing less. If they can prove otherwise, then please... let them. But I'm pretty sure the last person to walk into court and say that God told them to kill someone still went to prison, depending, of course, on who they knew.

There's often not -quite- as much valid relativism in this world as some who would take advantage of it insist, typically, and not too ironically, for their own benefit.

*Settlers threatening the rightful residents with force/death, resulted in the Palestinians who killed one settler recently, which then saw Israel in full-on Primadonna mode hunting down those Palestinians with huge force to kill them for avenging a Palestinian's suffering and being victimized by the settler(s).

Not unlike when some narcissistic asshat cuts you off in traffic, or engages in some other illegal maneuver, so you flip them off or otherwise confront their illegitimate move, only to have them become enraged that you dared to confront their illegal action(s). It takes a certain type of ego to blame another for confronting their illegal victimizing of others... Bibi and many before him have that type of ego and ethnocentrism.

*And now I need to make a smaller batch of my stove-top crawfish etouffee for my daughter and her newest romantic interest to pick up when they stop in this morning on their way back to Anchorage. She did, after all, just pay for half of my seat on a halibut charter for the Gulf of Alaska in a couple months. Fair's fair.

Last edited:

Roms

.bzh
Veteran

The Russia–Iran–China search for a new global security order​

While the collective west is in the grips of an existential legitimacy crisis, the RIC is devising its own security order to protect the rest of the world from the ‘genocidals.’

1714925170925.png

Cannavore

Veteran
what talking point are dishonest libs gonna use now that "if hamas just surrenders its all over bro" has been cooked into oblivion!?!?!?!

moose eater

what talking point are dishonest libs gonna use now that "if hamas just surrenders its all over bro" has been cooked into oblivion!?!?!?!

I saw that reported in the news earlier, and also was gifted with some embarrassing (or should be) older US documents titled something to the effect of "The Arab Problem" that made it pretty clear than any objective view of the region in question would -not- be forthcoming from either the US, Britain, or Israel.

Surprised? Nope... It's what's been acted out without verbal, written or spoken, clear admission, so the report simply added English language documentation to what most could see who cared to open their eyes.

I'll see if I can find it again to post.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
when did it become ' right wing' . you trusted it for a period and then what happened to make you think it is ' right wing' ?

your brain interprets things in a sheep like manner .

pathetic
Elon Musk happened.