What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

War

So Hai

It will be interesting to see how the calculus on how these conflicts affect the election. Reality is there are only 2 viable parties currently and neither one has a person worth supporting. This will create a younger generation that is further jaded.
Both parties are owned by Israel, that is your ”deep state”, to whom all the politicians in your congress and what not swear their allegiance. The mask of democracy is fallen and behind it the face of jewish bolshevism has revealed itself. I am going to make the proposition that with the loss of the propaganda war, and popular support, there will be an increasing radicalization on their part.

moose eater

Looks like some overdue cracks in the armor of fascist America.

Of course, had they been a group of young Black folks in the ghetto, or a bunch of Hispanic folks in the barrio, the cops would've likely been much looser with the pepper spray and other arms.

Edit: And my wife and I were both elated that the students didn't back down.

Last edited:

Brother Nature

I see echos of the Vietnam protests in what is going on in US universities, it's a rather positive affirmation that my generation hasn't gone the complacent way of our parents, which was very acutely exemplified by Bruins supporters post on the previous page (btw, go the Bruins...). Not to shit on his post too much, but that kind of 'oh well, me first, life is harder when you care' attitude is what has given us this us vs. them bullshit system, a choice between a puppet whose too old to remember basic life events and a dangerous, narcissistic sociopath pushing America back to the dark ages. Both parties represent the same exact thing, the interests of a class we will never reach, most of us want nothing to do with it.

I recall when Trump won, a family friend of mine posted to my facebook page, in a rage, about how I must be part of the millennial apathy that lead to his win. I politely reminder her that firstly, I couldn't vote, but that even if I could I would have never thrown away a vote for someone I didn't think represented me, because to me that is what freedom and democracy was about. Being forced to vote against someone who is so blatantly unqualified they should be kicked in the nuts by the personification of the constitution, is not freedom. Being forced to vote for someone who openly supports genocide and the continuation of the American war machine is also not freedom. Fuck that shit, we abstain, we'll live how the fuck we want until you all die off and we can represent ourselves. I'm so happy to see my generation kicking back in real life, not on twitter or Facebook, but in real fucking life.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I'm so happy to see my generation kicking back in real life, not on twitter or Facebook, but in real fucking life.
It is your time, and I am happy that your generation is about to take the reins. This Boomer applauds your generation. May your generation do better. You are soon to be tested.

EastCoastGambit

Kudos to the young woman for her inspiration, poise, courage, and determination.

Over to Brother Ns post. If we can vote, what do we get to vote for? President, Congress, and the house. But not directly: the Pentagon, the state dept. The letter agencies, the Supreme Court, the special interests or the lobbyists. Those are the forces collectively pulling the strings and why this farce of democracy is just that.

Yes Moose it's encouraging to see the cracks in the fascist regime control.

An other reality though is that typically we are all complicit in capitalist/colonialist evils to a high degree, never mind the destruction of the environment. Almost all the food/products we consume come at a cost be it sugar, coffee, chocolate, avacados, water, or the rare minerals in our electronics.

As for the youth fighting the man to advocate for 🇵🇸, let's not make them into US Martyrs. The general public needs more education on this issue, it's hard to know where the overall sentiment lies??? This movement is great at generating more attention/focus to the conflict. Let's hope their message can resonate and not be manipulated into something it is not like we see the media doing. We all know the powers that be will attempt to squash this civil unrest. Perhaps this is the beginning of a larger unmasking as with information freely flowing lies cannot hold up as easily.

I may be apathetic but I'm not asleep. I will engage when the time is right. It sounds selfish but I have responsibilities that I need to look after and hopefully I can even raise them in a way that even partially prepares them for the difficult realities they will inevitably live with.

igrowone

Veteran
Kudos to the young woman for her inspiration, poise, courage, and determination.

Over to Brother Ns post. If we can vote, what do we get to vote for? President, Congress, and the house. But not directly: the Pentagon, the state dept. The letter agencies, the Supreme Court, the special interests or the lobbyists. Those are the forces collectively pulling the strings and why this farce of democracy is just that.

Yes Moose it's encouraging to see the cracks in the fascist regime control.

An other reality though is that typically we are all complicit in capitalist/colonialist evils to a high degree, never mind the destruction of the environment. Almost all the food/products we consume come at a cost be it sugar, coffee, chocolate, avacados, water, or the rare minerals in our electronics.

As for the youth fighting the man to advocate for 🇵🇸, let's not make them into US Martyrs. The general public needs more education on this issue, it's hard to know where the overall sentiment lies??? This movement is great at generating more attention/focus to the conflict. Let's hope their message can resonate and not be manipulated into something it is not like we see the media doing. We all know the powers that be will attempt to squash this civil unrest. Perhaps this is the beginning of a larger unmasking as with information freely flowing lies cannot hold up as easily.

I may be apathetic but I'm not asleep. I will engage when the time is right. It sounds selfish but I have responsibilities that I need to look after and hopefully I can even raise them in a way that even partially prepares them for the difficult realities they will inevitably live with.
(y)

moose eater

Bernie's reprimand is right on the mark, but Schumer's schtick is pathetic.... unless you close your eyes and imagine him as a flaming queen version of Elmer Fudd, in which case it's hilarious... Still pathetic and reprehensible when taken as seriously as shallow posturing as the Muppet intended.

So Hai

holocaust

mid-13c., "sacrifice by fire, burnt offering," from Old French holocauste (12c.), or directly from Late Latin holocaustum, from Greek holokauston "a thing wholly burnt,"

moose eater

Yes, Bibi and his followers are scorched-earth psychopaths. Best to give them the reward of Heaven they 'claim' to crave, while insulating the rest of the world from the likely blow-back.. That's what I think.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
Since Moose has gone on a Finkelstein marathon :ROFLMAO: here's a funny compilation of him mispronouncing his debate opponent's name from the Lex Fridman debate. Haha

moose eater

Since Moose has gone on a Finkelstein marathon :ROFLMAO: here's a funny compilation of him mispronouncing his debate opponent's name from the Lex Fridman debate. Haha

On a very basic level, Finkelstein is somewhat publicly dismissing the poor inadept younger fellow. But on a deeper level, Finkelstein is driving home his point about the importance of language and the specific or precise words one uses. Brilliant delivery-in-action. Metaphors in motion.

Though if I had to eat between the 2 of them at my dinner table while they were in that mode, I'd probably be in jail.

Latest posts

Latest posts