What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

War

moose eater

For the uninformed and propagandized subscribing to the nauseating 'both sides' bullshit, you might benefit from this very well done documentary. But it also might cause you to question or even discard the mind-numbing non-history you were spoon-fed by opportunists and sociopaths. Are you thoughtful enough to risk that?

Last edited:

RobFromTX

$90 billion pissed away on two foreign wars that wont let up for 10 years. Washingtons where decisions are made but it would be much more useful as a landfill

Cannavore

Veteran
lol thats a joke right? The younger votes are what will put him in office again. hands down
you mean the ones getting arrested at their colleges chanting fuck joe biden and palestine chants who were just condemned by the white house as anti semites? lol. he's pissed off the younger voters. they may still end up voting for him but it's not a lock. many may end up staying home.

moose eater

lol thats a joke right? The younger votes are what will put him in office again. hands down
I think between the younger Dems and the older Dems, the demographic most alienated by Biden's dishonesty about Gaza and the overall complicity in Israel's war crimes, it'll be the younger ones who flip him the middle digit.

The younger crowd is often the group that supports greater idealism, not having been dulled by the sandpaper of life. I believe it's them who believe there can be a better leadership in our Oval Office.

Maybe not this round, but perhaps someday.

I think each successive generation tends to discount the vision of the generation one or 2 steps behind them.

But they've been watching us, just like we were watching our parents. And part of that individuation process says that the report cards they render for their predecessors won't necessarily be all positive. Whether balanced or not, or realistic or not.

moose eater

you mean the ones getting arrested at their colleges chanting fuck joe biden and palestine chants who were just condemned by the white house as anti semites? lol. he's pissed off the younger voters. they may still end up voting for him but it's not a lock. many may end up staying home.
Recent reports indicated that in one State, 20% of registered Dems were not endorsing Biden, based on Gaza and Biden's complicity.

Shitty timing to show one's pro-Apartheid, pro-genocide and pro-fascism cards... right before an election year. With purported record numbers of new younger voters likely coming.

EastCoastGambit

It will be interesting to see how the calculus on how these conflicts affect the election. Reality is there are only 2 viable parties currently and neither one has a person worth supporting. This will create a younger generation that is further jaded.

While I am proud of younger folks taking a stand at University, I do wonder how naive, unrealistic, and impressionable some of these youth are? I think you can have a view on this and support the Palestinians without becoming radicalized in the process. I remember being involved myself in this kind of action when Bush Jr. re-invaded Iraq and looking back I was so worked up I thought the sky was falling, being a radical took over a lot of my identity.

I also think once you become aggressive, which some have, you lose the ability to influence others to see/respect your concerns. I guess I worry about them being manipulated by bad actors now, or moving forward. Unfortunately, this will affect their lives/careers and they could be putting themselves in harms way. While it is great for them to be calling attention to the unjust genocide I wonder if it would be more effective to write/publish scholarly articles and essays on this time in history, outlining the history that lead up to this? You know most will just see this as a group of angry privileged wealthy leftist who have been brainwashed by their radical teachers. The other disturbing reality is the radical Islamic world, such as Hamas, Iran and their factions, and/or your average Palestinians still want them dead along with the rest of America and the West.

I guess what I am trying to say is one can feel compassion for the innocent in this mess, without investing your full heart and identity to a cause that is complex. I worry that those youth believe they know everything, and are downplaying how dangerous and complicated this issue is, and are being manipulated in some ways. Its more like you cannot oversimplify a solution here, it takes a full on diplomatic effort, and being angry is not always the most effective. A calm and measured resistance opens up the issue for more to see, for more to question. This microcosm of resistance does cause a problem for the Zionists that want to control the optics, the protesters have to be very careful about how their movement appears when you zoom out and look at it, and to not be baited by bad actors to discredit their message.

Perhaps I am wrong to feel like they should temper their idealism, young folks are idealistic, but I know how it usually ends.

I still commend them for speaking up and I hope they have a clear, peaceful, and organized message as the world is watching.

If they really want to protest the university(s) use of their tuition dollars, they should drop out and stop paying them. A mass resignation.